replied
    Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
    you have the 6.2 in your new x22
    Yours too partner.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    I would gladly take the performance of my 6.0L with better emissions, higher fuel efficiency, and lower noise.

The new GDI motors were noticeably quiet, plus the newer/deeper bilges seemed to deaden noise as well.
    you have the 6.2 in your new x22

Leave a comment:

• waterskier360
    replied
    Fat fingered it nxt22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by waterskier360 View Post
    I should be doing a live test here soon if it will ever stop raining and putting debris in the lakes. Fuel economy on both my past 5.7's was just fine , I'm assuming the 6.0 will be comparable. X25 and X22 were both fine with the 5.7, we are always lightly loaded with 1 to 3 in the boat, can't comment on full ballast and 6 or 7 adults as we have never done that. 20 footer should be a rocket with the 6.0 motor.

You had an X22 with the base 5.7 Ilmor? Just confirming as that seems like an odd build for a 5500 lb boat.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    I would gladly take the performance of my 6.0L with better emissions, higher fuel efficiency, and lower noise.

The new GDI motors were noticeably quiet, plus the newer/deeper bilges seemed to deaden noise as well.

Leave a comment:

• sand2snow22
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    You can seriously notice less than 10 horsepower? Seriously doubt that
    Same boat back to back.

Leave a comment:

• waterskier360
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
    The 6.0 won’t be working too hard in an NXT20 so the economy should liveable. I believe it is “5 Star” rated for emissions which hopefully means you won’t be sucking down too much CO.

I should be doing a live test here soon if it will ever stop raining and putting debris in the lakes. Fuel economy on both my past 5.7's was just fine , I'm assuming the 6.0 will be comparable. X25 and X22 were both fine with the 5.7, we are always lightly loaded with 1 to 3 in the boat, can't comment on full ballast and 6 or 7 adults as we have never done that. 20 footer should be a rocket with the 6.0 motor.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
    I like the 6.0L over the 5.3L, noticeably more power for me. Not much but if you drive them back to back you can tell. 5.3L wins for emissions and being quieter and antifreeze cooling.
    You can seriously notice less than 10 horsepower? Seriously doubt that

Leave a comment:

• sand2snow22
    replied
    I like the 6.0L over the 5.3L, noticeably more power for me. Not much but if you drive them back to back you can tell. 5.3L wins for emissions and being quieter and antifreeze cooling.

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by hyman989 View Post
    I heard a FAE will void the warranty if you install one. You could move the straps to hook in a different spot on the trailer if you needed one

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the “void your warranty” comment always seems to come up with the FAE discussion. I’ve never seen anyone posted an actual document that states it however. Malibu and Nautique both have “surf pipes” on their boats right out of the factory for what it’s worth.

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by waterskier360 View Post
    I have a 2020 Nxt20 coming any idea on 5.7 vs 6.0 mpi mpg ,emissions , etc ?

The 6.0 won’t be working too hard in an NXT20 so the economy should liveable. I believe it is “5 Star” rated for emissions which hopefully means you won’t be sucking down too much CO.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Honestly, an FAE on the 5.3 isn’t necessary

Leave a comment:

• hyman989
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
    I’m a big fan of the FAE but the transom straps on an XT22 might make that difficult.

I heard a FAE will void the warranty if you install one. You could move the straps to hook in a different spot on the trailer if you needed one

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by tommydbouy View Post
    I was wondering about that. You have a rough guestimate how much more quiet the 5.3GDI is over the 6.0 and 5.7MCX? I always heard that Fresh Air Exhaust was the best stereo upgrade for the money.
    At Idle you can't hear it, sometime I find myself checking rpm's to see if its running lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X