Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat lifts - XT22

Gentlemen,

I'm in the market for a boat lift for my XT 22. Am I right it looking for a 6000# lift? The local dealers by me carry Shorestation and Floe. Also, any additional options you recommend for the lift? Bow stopper? Canopy extensions? Do I buy a set-up so the tower doesn't need to go down each time?

Any help is appreciated. On a lake in Northern Wisconsin.

Definitely go bigger. Dry weight is 4900#. Add a full tank of gas and you're around 5300#. That's without any gear on board. You're already pushing to the limit. Keep in mind that you may also want to get a new boat at some point in the future and there's a good chance it'll weigh that or more. I'd also get a setup where you don't have to put the tower down. That's what I have. Much more convenient that way. Electric powered over battery powered if you can have electric. I've had both. Electric is much better.

Comment

TMAC - in regards to not having to put the tower down, what option do you have? The curtains that unfold down or just a longer canopy? On the Shorestation the option for the curtains to unfold is foolishly expensive.

Comment

Several of my friends and I have Floe VSD 5000 boat lifts (6 total). We had shorestation lifts prior, but they were older versions so I am not sure what their offerings are now. I would highly recommend going with the Floe VSD. They are super quiet and fast for operation and have been good lifts for us. We are on a lake that the water level fluctuates so having the legs that adjust with a drill are a must. If you plan on installing and removing the lift yourself it makes it really easy to level the lift once it is in the water. My buddy has a Malibu VTX on his VSD 5000 with the side curtain extensions. I would definitely get the side extensions to protect the boat from the sun. Other options that I would consider a must are listed below.

4 wheel kit
        Wireless remote
        If 12 volt lift solar charger
        Guide Ons

I have an upgraded canopy on mine that has the sunbrella material but also is lined on the underside with vinyl. I went with this option as the Sunbrella canopies will leak water after a few years of use and need to either be rewaterproofed or replaced. My canopy is very heavy compared to the Sunbrella only version but I think it is worth it. I love how the canopy connects to the frame on the Floe.

Are you planning on pulling the lift out yourself or having someone do it for you? If you are doing it yourself get the stainless cable that connects to the two front legs. Makes it easy to pull the lift out at the end of the season. I just hook up a strap to the cable then to my truck and pull it up my shore.

Also the Floe rep is a Mastercraft Owner and is on here.

The Floe warranty has helped me a couple of times between my Floe lift and floe dock. Only warranty issue I had with my lift was on the canopy. My first Floe canopy leaked the second year I owned it. That is when I decided to go with the upgraded canopy.

I would not recommend Hewitt lifts. One of my buddies has his boat on a Hewitt and he had several welds on the lift fail. They were covered under warranty but the welding on the lift was terrible. I looked at it about a week ago and there was zero weld penetration on the welds that failed. Makes you wonder if all the welds on the lift are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post
          TMAC - in regards to not having to put the tower down, what option do you have? The curtains that unfold down or just a longer canopy? On the Shorestation the option for the curtains to unfold is foolishly expensive.
          I went the foolishly expensive route, lol. I have a touchless cover. It covers the top and all 4 sides. You can't see any of the boat when it's down. Goes up and down at the push of a button. Very convenient and great protection from the weather and the sun.

Comment

Floe over shorestation all day long IMO

careful though, their lifts are not ful rated. So if you're 5000# you'll need at least the 6500# version.

Take a look at page 6

https://www.floeintl.com/wp-content/...ers-Manual.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Andyg View Post
              Several of my friends and I have Floe VSD 5000 boat lifts (6 total). We had shorestation lifts prior, but they were older versions so I am not sure what their offerings are now. I would highly recommend going with the Floe VSD. They are super quiet and fast for operation and have been good lifts for us. We are on a lake that the water level fluctuates so having the legs that adjust with a drill are a must. If you plan on installing and removing the lift yourself it makes it really easy to level the lift once it is in the water. My buddy has a Malibu VTX on his VSD 5000 with the side curtain extensions. I would definitely get the side extensions to protect the boat from the sun. Other options that I would consider a must are listed below.

4 wheel kit
              Wireless remote
              Guide Ons

I have an upgraded canopy on mine that has the sunbrella material but also is lined on the underside with vinyl. I went with this option as the Sunbrella canopies will leak water after a few years of use and need to either be rewaterproofed or replaced. My canopy is very heavy compared to the Sunbrella only version but I think it is worth it. I love how the canopy connects to the frame on the Floe.

Are you planning on pulling the lift out yourself or having someone do it for you? If you are doing it yourself get the stainless cable that connects to the two front legs. Makes it easy to pull the lift out at the end of the season. I just hook up a strap to the cable then to my truck and pull it up my shore.

The Floe warranty has helped me a couple of times between my Floe lift and floe dock. Only warranty issue I had with my lift was on the canopy. My first Floe canopy leaked the second year I owned it. That is when I decided to go with the upgraded canopy.

I would not recommend Hewitt lifts. One of my buddies has his boat on a Hewitt and he had several welds on the lift fail. They were covered under warranty but the welding on the lift was terrible. I looked at it about a week ago and there was zero weld penetration on the welds that failed. Makes you wonder if all the welds on the lift are like that.
              Thank you very much for taking the time to write up this detailed response. It’s exactly what I needed to hear. I’m definitely leaning towards the Floe lift. I’m getting pricing this week from my dealer.

Comment

Not sure if my situation is comparable but I am in a covered marina slip in about 125’ of water. I have a 6600 lb front mount Hydro Hoist lift with a 25’ aluminum walkway on the starboard side.

Since we are covered, I have been leaving my tower up and tying my over the tower cover up like an under the tower cover.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just purchased a Craftlander 6k lift for my XT21 from a dealer in Minocqua and Rhinelander who sells Craftlander Boat lifts. Did a bunch of research, and they are American made lifts, out of Michigan. They sell for 20-30% less than ShoreStation and others. I opted for no canopy to start out as that add another 40-50% to the cost of the lift, and I have 2 under tower covers and 1 over tower cover.

Boat has not been on the lift yet, but set up and water delivery has already occurred.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2404309

Comment

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                    Just purchased a Craftlander 6k lift for my XT21 from a dealer in Minocqua and Rhinelander who sells Craftlander Boat lifts. Did a bunch of research, and they are American made lifts, out of Michigan. They sell for 20-30% less than ShoreStation and others. I opted for no canopy to start out as that add another 40-50% to the cost of the lift, and I have 2 under tower covers and 1 over tower cover.

Boat has not been on the lift yet, but set up and water delivery has already occurred.
                    [ATTACH]195179[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks for the picture. Holding off on the canopy is a pretty good idea to split up the cost. I could very easily get away with no canopy for the first year as my boat will only be on the lift part of the summer.

Comment

We have both a Shore Station 5,000lb (my X15) and a Floe 5,000lb for the tritoon.

The Floe is a much nicer and quieter.

As Osmonet mentions, go with at least 6,500lb or even the 8,000lb to future proof yourself.
                      Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Guys with the newer floe boat lifts....have any of you gone with the horizontal guide in system instead of the pro guide in system? The horizontal set up looks to me like it would be better but I’ve never had one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyg View Post

4 wheel kit
                          Wireless remote
                          Guide Ons

What size canopy do you have on your boats and what size boats? My XT22 is 22' plus platform. The lift I was quoted was a 24' canopy and that just doesn't seem long enough.

Comment

A lot of the Floe lifts are spec’d with 28’ canopies these days. Our tritoon is 23’ and the dealer said go with 28’ and we were skeptical. But now, it is NICE!!! It has the mesh canopy ends which helps air move through it so things dry out better.

Again, future proof yourself or for the next owner. If you can swing it, money well spent.
                            Former: 2007 X15

Comment

I went with a Hewitt 8,100lb hydraulic lift with the wake tower canopy for my XT22. Its a 24volt system and lifts very fast and is quiet. I love the canopy! I can drive in and raise the boat all the way up without having to drop the tower. My previous boat was a 2015 NXT20 and I had that on a Shoremaster 5,000lb vertical lift. I snapped two lift cables in 3 years...scared the hell out me, luckily no one got killed. Last July we had a tornado hit our lake, about half of the lifts on our lake were either flipped upside down, bent or had their canopies ripped off. My Hewitt lift had zero damage not even a tear in the fabric and I had 17 large trees blow down on my property.

Comment

Working...
                              X