No announcement yet.

Boat lifts - XT22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at craftlander lifts if you can.

Comment

A few suggestions as you're considering options...all of this assumes you're on a lake in the upper midwest with a sand or gravel bottom, relatively consistent water levels, and looking for a stand-alone vertical lift with canopy:

28ft canopy will be perfect - and I would highly encourage the upgraded fabric, you won't regret it. Depending on the brand/model you may consider a 26ft canopy as well. No extensions needed for that size in most cases.

Vertical guides are much gentler than horizontal guides. The horizontal guide makes sense in theory, but can be hard on the designator and the gel. If you're trying to land your MC in rough water you can guarantee horizontal guides will slide against your hull rather than your rub rail. One zebra mussel shell, tiny pebble etc is all it takes. While vertical PVC covered guides aren't flashy...they just work.

I find there's simply no substitute for dropping the tower. Yes, it's an extra step (although so easy on a MC). That said, with my tower lowered I can tuck my boat far enough under the canopy that you can't even see the swim platform from the water. Zero sun ever hits the boat, much less dust, pollen, bugs, etc. It satisfies the MCOCD.

I'd skip the bow stop. In my experience, they're useless...once you position your boat on the lift a few times, you'll know exactly where it goes.
      Last edited by jthom22; 05-12-2020, 01:09 PM.
      1985 Skier (long gone but remembered forever)
      2017 XT23 (sold)
      2018 G21 (sold)
      2021 SANTE 210
      ...and a Whaler 150 Super Sport!

Comment

We have one from goldenboatlifts and are satisfied but being said that the installation took the guys a lot of time. Luckily we made a fixed price.

- Don't understand why they don't install adjustable food plates in height...

- BTW it is a 35000Kg Boatlift as we wanted to be safe for, maybe, the next upgrade

Nicolai

Comment

from behind.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jthom22 View Post
            A few suggestions as you're considering options...all of this assumes you're on a lake in the upper midwest with a sand or gravel bottom, relatively consistent water levels, and looking for a stand-alone vertical lift with canopy:

28ft canopy will be perfect - and I would highly encourage the upgraded fabric, you won't regret it. Depending on the brand/model you may consider a 26ft canopy as well. No extensions needed for that size in most cases.

Vertical guides are much gentler than horizontal guides. The horizontal guide makes sense in theory, but can be hard on the designator and the gel. If you're trying to land your MC in rough water you can guarantee horizontal guides will slide against your hull rather than your rub rail. One zebra mussel shell, tiny pebble etc is all it takes. While vertical PVC covered guides aren't flashy...they just work.

I find there's simply no substitute for dropping the tower. Yes, it's an extra step (although so easy on a MC). That said, with my tower lowered I can tuck my boat far enough under the canopy that you can't even see the swim platform from the water. Zero sun ever hits the boat, much less dust, pollen, bugs, etc. It satisfies the MCOCD.

I'd skip the bow stop. In my experience, they're useless...once you position your boat on the lift a few times, you'll know exactly where it goes.
            Thank you for the feedback. I went with he vertical guides. Your comments certainly make sense. I'm also pricing out the 26' canopy. As of now I order just the lift and will likely order the canopy later this year or next season.

Comment

One other quick note on the canopy...

If you're considering a "tower up" canopy, I'd do the 28'. You'll appreciate the extra coverage and sun protection. If you're going to drop the tower, the 26' is perfect as you'll be able to tuck the bow and swim platform just inside the canopy frame. I've included two pics of my XT23 under a 26' canopy with the tower down.

Lastly, know the "tower up" canopies are huge. Depending on your property elevation relative to the water, proximity to neighbors, etc - the giant canopies can end up blocking a great view.
              Attached Files
              2017 XT23 (sold)
              2018 G21 (sold)
              2021 SANTE 210

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post
                What size canopy do you have on your boats and what size boats? My XT22 is 22' plus platform. The lift I was quoted was a 24' canopy and that just doesn't seem long enough.
                Definitely the 26 foot canopy. According to the manual your boat is 24'6" long with the platform.

MY MC is in a boat house and my pontoon is on my Floe lift. I have pontoon boat is considered a 22' boat but in actuality it is just over 24' with motor. The 26' canopy on the floe doesn't have the weird supports coming off the front to support the tower frame. There are extra supports inside the frame of the 26' canopy frame.

Comment

One other quick note on the canopy...

If you're considering a "tower up" canopy, I'd do the 28'. You'll appreciate the extra coverage and sun protection. If you're going to drop the tower, the 26' is perfect as you'll be able to tuck the bow and swim platform just inside the canopy frame. I've included two pics of my XT23 under a 26' canopy with the tower down.

Lastly, know the "tower up" canopies are huge. Depending on your property elevation relative to the water, proximity to neighbors, etc - the giant canopies can end up blocking a great view.
                  Is your canopy the standard length?

Comment

If you're trying to land your MC in rough water you can guarantee horizontal guides will slide against your hull rather than your rub rail. One zebra mussel shell, tiny pebble etc is all it takes. While vertical PVC covered guides aren't flashy...they just work.
                    Your horizontal guide-ons should never enter the water if adjusted properly. I like the horizontal guide-ons.

Comment

Is your canopy the standard length?
                      My lift is a Dock Rite 60120 Pro. The canopy is 26'...
                      2017 XT23 (sold)
                      2018 G21 (sold)
                      2021 SANTE 210

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                        Your horizontal guide-ons should never enter the water if adjusted properly. I like the horizontal guide-ons.
                        Agreed. They don't enter the water. That said, the horizontal guides can be hard on the designator and the hull below the rub rail, especially if it's a rough water day. I know many who use them. Just not for me...
                        2017 XT23 (sold)
                        2018 G21 (sold)
                        2021 SANTE 210

Comment

Horizontal guides also get in the way of MCOCD wipe downs and detail spray / wax etc.
                          vertical posts are good...

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I went with he vertical guides. Your comments certainly make sense. I'm also pricing out the 26' canopy. As of now I order just the lift and will likely order the canopy later this year or next season.
                            I think you'll be happy with that. I have 26' canopy and the vertical guides on the X2 and its a good fit. You'll need one set of double guides and one set of single for best results

Comment

Originally posted by osmonet View Post
                              I think you'll be happy with that. I have 26' canopy and the vertical guides on the X2 and its a good fit. You'll need one set of double guides and one set of single for best results
                              That's exactly what I order. One set of doubles and then a single set.

I'm leaning towards the 28' Maxis canopy. this will give me plenty of production for the boat and should be able to leave the tower up.

Comment

That's exactly what I order. One set of doubles and then a single set.

I'm leaning towards the 28' Maxis canopy. this will give me plenty of production for the boat and should be able to leave the tower up.

Yeah 28 maxis is nice! I have the 26 w/o side curtains and am able to leave tower up full time. It’s not complete coverage but good enough. Tower is so damn heavy that I have no interest folding it daily.

I put the double guides on port side and singles on starboard side. That config helps with backing out while allowing good entry from the dock (starboard side for us)

Snap a picture when it’s all delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X