Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Wake Shaper for 2007 X45???

Asking for a buddy.

What is the best wake shaper device for the 2007 X45? I assume it needs to go on the bottom step at the rear of the boat as shown in the picture below.
    Attached Files
    2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

We were fairly underwhelmed with with the GSA. Required way more weight and performance was equal to just listing. However ease of setting up for both sides and safety are big benefits. What is your goal? Cost or total package? Ease of use? The Ronix wedge is big and has shins that should work with the stepped hull.

Comment

The only one that will fit onto that bottom step is the Swell Slim. My X-55 has the same type of hull in the back. I tried the other shapers and Slim is the only one I could make work

Comment

I use the slim swell on my X2 as well. The main problem is that most devices have suction cups that have a too large of a diameter to fit on the bottom crevice/step. Swell is has came out with a new design that looks interesting with adjustable angles and height. However, nothing yet in the “slim” version.
        Last edited by jrbearley; 05-08-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenbratt View Post
          We were fairly underwhelmed with with the GSA. Required way more weight and performance was equal to just listing. However ease of setting up for both sides and safety are big benefits. What is your goal? Cost or total package? Ease of use? The Ronix wedge is big and has shins that should work with the stepped hull.
          GSA isn't an option for this boat from a financial perspective. Goal is to create a better, more defined wave along with being able to switch the shaper from one side to another. The Ronix wedge is an eye sore and no way there will be velcro on either side of the boat. That option is not in consideration.
          2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

i think nauticurl just came out with their v2 shaper that fits hulls with limited space, has 3 smaller cups

were happy with their v1 unit, for whatever thats worth

also really digging that black and white!

Comment

The homemade version by BoB (BetOnBlack) works extremely well. I have made myself a couple of them and the performance is amazing. Have been using it for a couple summers now.

The info is in the homemade wakegate thread.

Comment

I use the Swell Slim on my 209 and its a very good product. The 209 has a similar shape with a small area to attach a wake shaper. It can be done with a regular one - but this slim version is the ticket and it stays attached.

Comment

We had great luck with our mission delta on our 45. Search up a used one. They are floating around.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by coloradox45; 05-09-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I tried a mission delta on my x-55 and could not get it mounted low enough for it to do anything. surprised youre having good luck with it.

Comment

Anyone try the liquid force wakesurf edge inline? It’s made to fit the stepped mastercraft hulls

Comment

Working...
                      X