What fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuel?

Curious what fuel everyone is using and with what engine?

Also, the if given the choice, 87 100% or 91 E10? It’s difficult to find 91 100% so I’m forced to choose.

Mid grade on the MCX. Believe your OM lists the same.
    Ran premium on the old LT1 because it needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
      Mid grade on the MCX. Believe your OM lists the same.
      Ran premium on the old LT1 because it needed it.
      Ilmor list all 3 grades for the 5000, but says performance may not be as good. Haven’t run 87 in it, so I’m a little curious about everyone else.

Comment

I run 90 non ethanol and she growls.

Comment

I’ve never run anything but 87 in ilmor 5.7s
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

What fuel?

I get 90 non ethanol in my area but if I had your choice the 91 with 10% will give the most hp but 87 non isn’t bad either. I would treat it as coin toss depending on time of season. If it’s a busy weekend the 91 and it will burn faster but more hp. Then several tanks of non near end of year to clean out ethanol.

Comment

91 no ethanol here

Comment

89 octane in my mcx per the manual. I would run ethanol free if I could get my hands on it.
                2006 MasterCraft XStar
                2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

88 octane
                  NO CORN!
                  Station is 1/2 mile from my house and they sell a lot of it so it’s always fresh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

89 in my MCX with 1 oz/ 10 gal of Stabil marine each full up. Manual says ethanol is fine for my ‘07 and that’s all I use. If there’s non-ethanol sold in North Mississippi I don’t know where.

Comment

Originally posted by mpasino View Post
                      89 in my MCX with 1 oz/ 10 gal of Stabil marine each full up. Manual says ethanol is fine for my ‘07 and that’s all I use. If there’s non-ethanol sold in North Mississippi I don’t know where.
                      Which StaBil product? Look for the Volvo-Penta stabilizer in the blue bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                        I’ve never run anything but 87 in ilmor 5.7s
                        Good to know. We have 87 100% at the ramp, so looks like that’s the route we will go.

Should of known, it’s not like 320hp from a 350 is exactly high performance needing high octane.

Comment

What fuel?

Its more important to use quality fuel even if it is a blend with some corn . Read the Ilmore manual about choosing top tier fuel suppliers to keep your valve train clean. I run the last 2 tanks of the season with straight 87 (all i can get here) for winter storage only. The generic trucks that visit no-name gas stations , big box stores etc. Do not have the quality detergents for long engine life . 93 octane may be necessary with the 5.7 full ballast and a boat load of people to get to wakeboard speed .
                          Whats the point in buying a $100k machine and feeding it cheap fuel that will cause damaging deposits in your valve train .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2012 GT205
                          2011 X25
                          2019 NXT22
                          2020 NXT20

Comment

Have always run 87 but will never use fuel from a marina. Seen to many boats get bad fuel over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                              Have always run 87 but will never use fuel from a marina. Seen to many boats get bad fuel over the years.
                              Hmm, thanks for that tidbit. Used marina fuel a few times as I had to, but usually it’s a station since I trailer. Have a few jerry cans for our longer trips this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X