Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your after ride routine (Boat putup tips)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your after ride routine (Boat putup tips)

Hey guys, I have a new to me 06 X2. Love the thing, but want to make sure I am taking care of it correctly. Just curious what some of yall recommend to keep the interior/exterior looking great. Do you pop seats out at home to let them dry? Leave the boat in the sun for day? Any good secret sauce you use to help protect the seats/interior? What cleaner to yall use on the tower thats safe? Pretty sure I collected most of the bugs between my house and the lake last night. Thanks guys!

Here's a thread about everyone's detail kits. https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=104919 . I wipe down with an absorber drying cloth and then follow with Babe's boat bright when it goes on the trailer. Babe's seat soap for interior and follow with 303 Aerospace protectant. Wax two or three times a summer with Maguire's premium (black bottle liquid wax).

Comment

Keep the boat as dry as possible.

Remove all seats that are touching each other if possible. Wet vinyl against wet vinyl will eventually stain. I had a PVC stand I made to hold all the seats so they'd dry.

you don't have to leave in the sun shade will still dry them, sun dries them faster. If you have to cover and it might have moisture run a fan to circulate and dry the air.

Comment

Wipe down (of course), hit it with some water/vinegar/spray wax mix if needed, drain bilge, clean out the trash, hang vests, ropes, etc on the board racks to dry, pull bags up in rear lockers to dry carpet underneath, pop up any seats that are wet, leave seats/hatches up to dry in the garage typically. Pull carpet to dry it if the carpet was in it. This is after a day trip.
        If the boat is being used continuously like on vacation and left in a slip, generally wipe it down and it doesn't really dry out for the week. No big deal. Not long enough to get mildew etc.
        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

If your 06 has white vinyl and gets the "brown stain" going on. Usually from having a black MC cover on it in the sun, let it sit in the sun. Sun makes it go away.
          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
            If your 06 has white vinyl and gets the "brown stain" going on. Usually from having a black MC cover on it in the sun, let it sit in the sun. Sun makes it go away.
            Nice! It does! Thanks for that tip!

Comment

Originally posted by jameslyle View Post
              Nice! It does! Thanks for that tip!
              There are many threads on this issue here and theories about why. Mine was bad a long time ago, but the PO literally cooked 2 MC covers off of it in the Nevada sun the first 3 years.
              IDK what it is about the black cover, but if I cover the boat because rain coming in or something and it sits for even a few hours, the brown stain comes back where the cover touches the vinyl. The it disappears once exposed to sun for a day.
              '06 X2 MCX

Comment

If you want your engine compartment to not get funky or rusty prop engine open with drain plug removed, prevents condensation
                Bailey
                '02 X-9
                Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

For your tower use Pledge furniture polish.
                  We defy the mafia!

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                    For your tower use Pledge furniture polish.
                    Right on.. Does the pledge clean it? Use the same on speakers and racks?

Comment

Good tips guys! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Yea, the Pledge will clean it. You can use it on the speaker cans and racks.
                        We defy the mafia!

Comment

Ok....how bout all the boats living on lifts..what is everyone's routine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                          Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Put boat in garage and toast a safe boat outing, then go to bed... always go out just before sunset.... by the time boat put away its 10pm in june, july, mid August

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

303, 303, 303

Comment

Working...
                              X