Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montara Inboard pontoon surf boat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    Why though?
    A) I have no use for a pontoon boat.

    B) it is not meeting either mission very well, pontoon or surf

    C) just get a big surf boat if you want to host a large crew and surf

    Or

    D) get a pontoon boat and stop towing objects behind your boat

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kvw4x4 View Post
      Maybe a new designer. If you want a surf wave with a pontoon interior. Put a pontoon too half interior on a surf boat haul. Will probably look tacky. But can’t be worse the. This rig
      You mean a deck boat...

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
        A) I have no use for a pontoon boat.

        B) it is not meeting either mission very well, pontoon or surf

        C) just get a big surf boat if you want to host a large crew and surf

        Or

        D) get a pontoon boat and stop towing objects behind your boat
        E. Have both
        Aric


        LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

        2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MC25 View Post
          E. Have both
          That's just silly.

          Comment


          • #20
            You don't have to look any further than this boat, or the Cobalt stump puller, or the Yamaha Jet Surf boat to see that you can't be half pregnant no matter how intriguing the idea is. These boat don't surf for crap and worse off sales people are telling unsuspecting buyers that you can have your cake and eat it too. Great idea. Poorly executed. I've got a friend with a Yamaha jet boat. Nice boat. He asks all the time to help him get a better surf wave. Only idea I haven't tried is to pull the drain plug when we are in the middle of the lake.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
              That's just silly.
              Not really
              Attached Files
              Aric


              LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
              Register Here

              2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

              Comment


              • #22
                I'd love to have both, just can't swing the pontoon purchase yet.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                  Not really
                  Definitely ridiculous to think you can make a vessel designed to ferry people on a mission of nothingness into an object of active fun.


                  If toon surfing was so amazing, then we wouldn't bother buying MC boats. It's like asking a tugboat to push a 15 barge tow at 30 kts to the Caribbean. Two different missions that cannot be combined.

                  Just because someone built it, doesn't make it a good idea.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
                    Definitely ridiculous to think you can make a vessel designed to ferry people on a mission of nothingness into an object of active fun.


                    If toon surfing was so amazing, then we wouldn't bother buying MC boats. It's like asking a tugboat to push a 15 barge tow at 30 kts to the Caribbean. Two different missions that cannot be combined.

                    Just because someone built it, doesn't make it a good idea.
                    No you said having both is ridiculous.


                    The boat in this thread is a deck boat. Not a true pontoon. Now they do make a stump driller toon, by Avalon.

                    https://www.avalonpontoons.com/pontoon-boat/waketoon/
                    Aric


                    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                    Register Here

                    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      We've got a dedicated ski boat and a wake boat for surfing. We've thought about selling one to buy a pontoon boat. If we could combine surfing and pontoon, that would be awesome.

                      1st generation ideas are usually meh. Lets see what Avalon's gen 2 or gen 3 surf pontoon looks like in couple years.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've got one of each. One for play and one for cruising the lake.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          No you said having both is ridiculous.


                          The boat in this thread is a deck boat. Not a true pontoon. Now they do make a stump driller toon, by Avalon.

                          https://www.avalonpontoons.com/pontoon-boat/waketoon/
                          I meant to say a toon is ridiculous in general.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
                            I meant to say a toon is ridiculous in general.
                            Weird opinion. We use it to go to dinner. No use in banging up the MC on the docks.
                            Aric


                            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

                            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              Weird opinion. We use it to go to dinner. No use in banging up the MC on the docks.
                              Please don't tell me you think someone should make a bass boat that surfs also.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Montara Inboard pontoon surf boat

                                I just want someone to make a surf boat with a trolling motor, fish finder, and pedestal seat in the bow so I can bass fish from it.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X