Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    Of your claim?
    Just read through my posts of 6+ years of my X46 ownership, It's no claim, it's a FACT that I change out 1-3 actuators per season, because I actually do it with my own hands. Also started buying new ones as the dealer only gets back serviced used ones from Lenco/MC.

Which part of the simple physics is hard to understand ? Get a large syringe, seal it off, try to open it under water, and keep it open for a while.
    If You Find Too Many Capitals You Can Keep Them...I'm German

It's always 5pm somewhere, time for a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
      Just read through my posts of 6+ years of my X46 ownership, It's no claim, it's a FACT that I change out 1-3 actuators per season, because I actually do it with my own hands. Also started buying new ones as the dealer only gets back serviced used ones from Lenco/MC.

Which part of the simple physics is hard to understand ? Get a large syringe, seal it off, try to open it under water, and keep it open for a while.

I think he may have been questioning you on the claim that tab position isn't an issue, unless there is water intrusion.

While water intrusion certainly causes further issues, there are position issues on perfectly good actuators as well. Some models are effected more than others, depending on their respective deployment angle/percentage.

Comment

looks like there are two options for the 4.3" screen now - Standard or Advanced, anyone know the difference?
        Attached Files
        2018 XT22 - Current
        1985 SS - Current

2016 X2 - Sold
        2008 X2 - Sold
        2003 197 TT - Sold
        1993 205 - Sold

Comment

2021 Changes & Gen 2 Plus

Originally posted by 197 TT View Post
          looks like there are two options for the 4.3" screen now - Standard or Advanced, anyone know the difference?

It’s referring to the audio package. Either option is the same 4.3” screen

The 7” screen only comes with Advanced Audio package.

Dual screens can have any of Advanced, Premium, or Premium Plus audio packages. 2021 is the first year a dual screen boat could be optioned with less than premium audio
          Last edited by eecyclone; 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM.
          '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
          '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
          www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
            It’s referring to the audio package. Either option is the same 4.3” screen

The 7” screen only comes with Advanced Audio package.

Dual screens can have any of Advanced, Premium, or Premium Plus audio packages. 2021 is the first year a dual screen boat could be optioned with less than premium audio
            It would be nice to have the Premium on the 7"...but that is how they get you to upgrade to dual screen
            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Ah, that makes sense...

So, do you know what all the different audio packages include? What speaker sizes, how many, what amps, etc?

I'm more in the camp of being able to go simple 4.3 in the dash but have full Premium Plus Audio with it?

For example, if I wanted an extra sub from the factory I don't necessarily want to upgrade to Dual Screen
              2018 XT22 - Current
              1985 SS - Current

2016 X2 - Sold
              2008 X2 - Sold
              2003 197 TT - Sold
              1993 205 - Sold

Comment

Ah, that makes sense...

So, do you know what all the different audio packages include? What speaker sizes, how many, what amps, etc?

I'm more in the camp of being able to go simple 4.3 in the dash but have full Premium Plus Audio with it?

For example, if I wanted an extra sub from the factory I don't necessarily want to upgrade to Dual Screen
                Highest you can go with the 4.3” is advanced. That’s 4 speakers and one sub.
                -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Ah, that makes sense...

It's not as complicated as it sounds but it's a lot to type out because you have to select a screen, an audio package, and a tower option. Tower speaker options are different if you go with ZFT2 or ZFT4 tower. NXT speakers are 7" instead of 8.5".

Base audio
                  4 8.5" speakers, no subwoofer, tower speakers optional. Not sure what amp is included for this.

Advanced audio
                  4 8.5" speakers, 1 subwoofer, tower speakers optional. 5 channel amp without towers = 700 watts, 8 channel amp with 2 towers = 800 watts. 5 channel + 4 channel amps with T85 pods = 1100 watts.

Premium audio
                  6 speakers (4x 8.5", 2x 7"), 2 subwoofers (11"), tower speakers optional. 8 channel amp plus mono amp. 1250 watts without tower speakers. 1450 watts with tower speakers. T85 pods include a 4 channel amp for a total of 1650 watts.

Premium plus audio
                  8 speakers (6x 8.5", 2x 7", 2 subwoofers (11"), 4 tower speakers standard (8.5"). 8 channel + 4 channel + 1 channel amp. 1850 watts total.
                  '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                  (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                  '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                  www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

So has anyone confirmed with absolute certainty that Gen 2 plus can NOT be retrofited to 2018 xStar?

Comment

Originally posted by jtkeller View Post
                      How do you know if you have the position sensors?

Would like to see the new screen layout. May have to make a trip by the dealer soon.

Wonder if we’ll be able to update our screen tot he new layout? Surely just a software update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Here is a picture of the position sensor. By early September MC decided to stop installing the sensors and not much later they asked dealers to recall and uninstall the sensors.

2021 sensors was the rumor last fall, but there has been little word of it lately.

I am going to guess they will not want 2020's to have the 2021 software as part of model year separation - I would be disappointed if this was the case.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by akmc View Post
                          id say at least 90-95% of the 2020 X series boats that I see on onlyinboards are advertised as having position sensors
                          Havent searched Onlyinboards enough to notice that, but only about 150 boats left the factory with the position sensors while all 2020s have the new actuators. Calling the 2020s with only actuators "gen 2 plus" is still deceiving in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by chieb View Post
                            So has anyone confirmed with absolute certainty that Gen 2 plus can NOT be retrofited to 2018 xStar?
                            Pretty certain that the new actuators cannot be retrofitted prior to 2020 model years because MC states 'the 2020 software cannot be retrofitted to previous model years because of the new actuators".

Not a definite answer, but the best I have on hand for now.

Comment

Anybody have a pic of the new dual screen interface?
                              Jerry

2020 X22
                              2018 XT22
                              2014 Aqua Patio
                              2003 Malibu Response LXi
                              2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                              1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

Originally posted by WakeRider107 View Post
                                Havent searched Onlyinboards enough to notice that, but only about 150 boats left the factory with the position sensors while all 2020s have the new actuators. Calling the 2020s with only actuators "gen 2 plus" is still deceiving in my opinion.
                                Gen-2 "This actually works now" edition.

-Regarding the switch to new actuators.
                                Last edited by Huckelfin; 07-15-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X