Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a great day on the lake tubing...until the boat caught fire...dampened it a bit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ewilcox11 View Post
    I'm blaming the tube. No good can come from tubing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Second vote for tubing being the culprit.

Comment

Waiting for an update now...boat is at the dealer because they are the ones that will do the repair work. Insurance dude came by yesterday so now it's in their hands. Dealer has not touched the boat at all - said he wanted to wait for insurance dude first as some insurance companies don't want the boat touched until an adjuster or claims guy comes out first. We know it will need new harnesses for sure, possible new hoses, not sure if they were damaged or not. Couldn't tell you if it's totaled or not as I don't know what will need to go into the repairs...
      08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

Some other pics
        Attached Files

Comment

you didn't go fishing with it did you?? you can really p*ss off a MC by doing that!!!! if you didn't go fishing I am with the rest the tube did it!!!
          sorry for your loss.. hopefully it comes out right.. thankfully it didn't explode...

Comment

It’s not fishing. Mine runs fine while fishing.
            Attached Files
            '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Years ago a friend had a big fishing boat. Like 35'+ size boat. It was a lemon and he had it in for repairs like 6 times in the first year. Second year it was not much better. While at the service dealer the shop caught on fire and the owners were able to pull some boats out of the shop (they were on trailers). When it came time to pull my friend's boat out they all agreed to leave it right where it was and pull other boats out. Eventually the fire got to be too much and it burned 3 boats, my friend's boat was one of them. The call from the owner to my friend went something like this the next day: "bad news, good news. Bad news our shop burned to the ground. The good news, we could not save your boat. Our insurance will be in contact with you soon."

Comment

Well, so far not going exactly according to plan. Insurance came out and asked for an estimate. My dealer has been working on it for a few days and apparently a lot of the parts are NLA...no longer available... lovely...

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                  you didn't go fishing with it did you?? you can really p*ss off a MC by doing that!!!! if you didn't go fishing I am with the rest the tube did it!!!
                  sorry for your loss.. hopefully it comes out right.. thankfully it didn't explode...
                  That was my big worry - an explosion...

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                    It’s not fishing. Mine runs fine while fishing.
                    Oh my eyes!!!! I cannot unsee this...say it isn't so.
                    2010 X-15
                    SOLD 1994 205
                    2011 Pathfinder
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                    1 kid in college

Comment

Close your eyes spooky...
                      Attached Files
                      '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by DavidF View Post
                        Well, so far not going exactly according to plan. Insurance came out and asked for an estimate. My dealer has been working on it for a few days and apparently a lot of the parts are NLA...no longer available... lovely...
                        If you saw my thread it took me 3.5 weeks just to get an estimate from the dealer recently.

As a matter of fact, the insurance company’s called me twice saying they couldn’t get ahold of the dealer to get an estimate. That’s pretty bad when insurance thinks someone is too slow.

Good luck on your journey.

Comment

Dealer is on it, it's seems to be the no longer available issue - but then again, it's wiring looms, they can't be all that difficult to find or even replicate if necessary. And hoses are hoses, assuming those are damaged - definitely the fuel line has to be replaced, that's toast. I'm still hoping the engine is fine, which should be, fire never got to that or the gas tank, obviously. Who knows...I'm assuming I'm done for the summer unless a miracle happens. Thanks for the well wishes.

Comment

They only thing that may it be available would be the wiring harness. Every other part should be pretty easy to get.

Comment

A guy on eBay makes them, for about $1,000.00 bucks…message them tell them what you have...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
                                It’s 50/50 if they fix this or total it. Fire damage can be fun to fix and diagnose where it came from.
                                I'd say once the insurance company prices the harnesses from MC, and the costs to split the boat to replace them...…… plus the cost of everything else..... There is a 99% chance the boat is totaled IMO.

It would be a nice boat to fix up for a DIY'er.

Comment

Working...
                                X