Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a great day on the lake tubing...until the boat caught fire...dampened it a bit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
    I'd say once the insurance company prices the harnesses from MC, and the costs to split the boat to replace them...…… plus the cost of everything else..... There is a 99% chance the boat is totaled IMO.

It would be a nice boat to fix up for a DIY'er.
    Oh lord...split the boat?!?!?!? Really? Yikes!
    08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidF View Post
      Oh lord...split the boat?!?!?!? Really? Yikes!
      Not as bad as youd think, but it is a labor intensive process. Some harnesses can be changed without splitting, but its a pain. Usually just as easy to split it. Either way, harness swap is a big job.

Comment

I'd push your insurance company to total it. Get a check and move on.
        Former: 2007 X15

Comment

I would be concerned with the heat directly on the fuel tank to compromise that in a way that you might not see with the naked eye. Would probably try to get some sort of pressure test done on the tank to ensure it is still in good condition. If that needs to be replaced then yep split the hull!

Tell your dealer to give the insurance company the "insurance price" and maybe help it go for a check.

Comment

Talked to the dealer today. He mentioned the same thing about splitting the boat since that’s how the harnesses were installed in the first place.

Comment

and yes, definitely have to check the gas tank for sure as it's just plastic and not aluminum.

Comment

Man I hope its totaled as you really don't want this boat back in my opinion.
                2010 X-15
                SOLD 1994 205
                2011 Pathfinder
                2016 Ford Flex
                3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                1 kid in college

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                  Close your eyes spooky...
                  Nooooooo!!! Ahhhhh. I am gonna have nightmares now
                  2010 X-15
                  SOLD 1994 205
                  2011 Pathfinder
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                  1 kid in college

Comment

Was looking online this weekend, slim pickings on boats it seems - it's a seller's market. Quite a few overpriced for any brand and dealers stocks are low...very low. Guess I'll wait until winter depending on the insurance company.

Comment

I have no idea what my boat is even worth anyway. And I have quite a few add-ons that maybe I can possibly part out depending on what insurance company wants to do with it. That GSA alone was $4k plus install...and worked so damn well!

Comment

What motor and how many hours?

With this market and GSA, low $50s?

I'm sure you can find lot's of recent comps to support the value right now.
                        Former: 2007 X15

Comment

If the insurance company lets you keep the boat you should definitely part it out. I'm sure there will be a few guys that want to buy the GSA

Comment

That's what I'm hoping...I have the GSA to take off, a really nice rearview mirror and my favorite mod - the fresh air exhaust setup. And I have a new style steering wheel and OEM MC billet throttle knob. Stereo is the old Clarion but the 4 tower speakers still sound great... as of noon today, the dealer hadn't gotten to the boat to look at everything. I was told a month or two ago, before the fire, that I should be able to get high $40s for it... wish I had more equity in it though. I owe about $29k. but I can probably finance something for 20 years and find a boat for $80-90k, which really sounds high to me but that's what a used boat seems to run for what I want. The other debate is getting another MC or not. I have heard so many complaint about ALL newer boats regarding the screens - nobody seems to be immune from the bugginess of them. All this new tech causes all new problems but whatever I get will end up having these screens so...it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by DavidF View Post
                              I have no idea what my boat is even worth anyway. And I have quite a few add-ons that maybe I can possibly part out depending on what insurance company wants to do with it. That GSA alone was $4k plus install...and worked so damn well!
                              For the old guy here.. what's gsa

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                                For the old guy here.. what's gsa

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                Go Surf Assist

aftermarket surf control

Comment

Working...
                                X