Advice on New Boat Decision Regarding Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on New Boat Decision Regarding Wake

I have owned 2 Mastercraft boats in the past and I am ready for a new one. I am now on a new lake that has very strict requirements. I would like to purchase the XT20 solely because I like the interior layout, but I would want it without anything to enhance the wake. As an example, if possible, all of the ballast gear could be removed in a custom build to reduce weight. Also, I would build this with the smaller engine to reduce weight - and hopefully the wake size.

I know this is an odd request, but with all the emphasis on wake in these boats, and even with less weight, how will the hull design impact the wake. Is there any information on this sort of custom build, or other advice I could get on how to make this decision?

https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition

I’m sure your dealer could order one for you. 5.3 will be the lighter than the base 6.0

Comment

What is your goal? Light boat for skiing with better interior seating for a lake with 20’ max limit?
      Dealer would know best what you can delete from the build.

Comment

I'm not sure you'd want to do that from a resale perspective. I'd think most of the things that you would pay extra to not have other people would want and purchasing them as parts later would be prohibitively expensive IMO.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure this is still in production, but they have done exactly what you are asking for in the past https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition (was on a call and Shaun R beat me to it)
          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
            I'm not sure you'd want to do that from a resale perspective. I'd think most of the things that you would pay extra to not have other people would want and purchasing them as parts later would be prohibitively expensive IMO.

Very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              I'm not 100% sure this is still in production, but they have done exactly what you are asking for in the past https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition (was on a call and Shaun R beat me to it)

What are the details?

Comment

Lake Oswego Edition is to comply with the rules of the lake. No ballast or surf systems, and has to be under 5klbs wet if I remember right. They also have a version with the NXT20.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
                  Lake Oswego Edition is to comply with the rules of the lake. No ballast or surf systems, and has to be under 5klbs wet if I remember right. They also have a version with the NXT20.
                  Looks like it still has the GEN 2 tabs in the photos
                  2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                  2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                  Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                  Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Do they actively check your lake for those systems?

Comment

Go for pro star with tower?
                      -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                      https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

My thanks for everyone your this much needed input. Yes, our limits are 20' and wake reduction. We have children and grand children that will enjoy a great boat knowing these big wakes will not be possible on our lake. My wife and I do enjoy the interior layout of the V-Drive boat for friends.

Is the "Lake Oswego Edition" a modified XT20? Is the hull shape of a NXT20 different than an XT20?

Do you know why an NXT20 is 500 lbs lighter than an XT20?

Many thanks for your input and help!

Comment

Originally posted by sbsii View Post
                          My thanks for everyone your this much needed input. Yes, our limits are 20' and wake reduction. We have children and grand children that will enjoy a great boat knowing these big wakes will not be possible on our lake. My wife and I do enjoy the interior layout of the V-Drive boat for friends.

Is the "Lake Oswego Edition" a modified XT20? Is the hull shape of a NXT20 different than an XT20?

The boats are technically the same but limited in options to meet the weight and no wake restrictions.

NXT20 is lighter because it’s more of a budget boat with less options and different build process. Both good boats but most would lean toward the XT if budget allows.

Comment

Originally posted by sbsii View Post

What part of TX are you in? If North, call TX MasterCraft and talk to Todd. They will be happy to walk you through your options.
                            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
                              The boats are technically the same but limited in options to meet the weight and no wake restrictions.

NXT20 is lighter because it’s more of a budget boat with less options and different build process. Both good boats but most would lean toward the XT if budget allows.

I believe the XT20 is wider and deeper and thus heavier than the NXT20 plus it has a few more creature comforts and technology options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X