Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrall
    replied
    You should talk to MC about a custom boat. Not going to find many if any on here who don’t use ballast of some sort.
    Guess I understand the concept, but are you saying wake enhancing Devices built in are not allowed or is there ANY objective criteria? I don’t understand the difference between ballast or a boat full of people. Are you only allowed to have 3 skinny people in the boat too?

If it’s a physical inspction by the lake cops or hoa or whatever, couldn’t you just disable the ballast system? No different than having removable fat sacs and a tsunami pump. IMO.

Buying a wake/surf boat custom with no ballast provisions is like special ordering a 1 ton truck with a 4 cyl engine. Literally no one will ever buy it for any decent amount of money.
    What about stereo, batteries, coolers, etc? That stuff can/does add many hundreds of lbs maybe 1000 depending on things.
    Sorry, playing the antagonist here. Small lake, don’t surf and dont slam the boat for wakeboarding and you’re good right?

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
    The boats are technically the same but limited in options to meet the weight and no wake restrictions.

NXT20 is lighter because it’s more of a budget boat with less options and different build process. Both good boats but most would lean toward the XT if budget allows.

I believe the XT20 is wider and deeper and thus heavier than the NXT20 plus it has a few more creature comforts and technology options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    Originally posted by sbsii View Post
    My thanks for everyone your this much needed input. Yes, our limits are 20' and wake reduction. We have children and grand children that will enjoy a great boat knowing these big wakes will not be possible on our lake. My wife and I do enjoy the interior layout of the V-Drive boat for friends.

Is the "Lake Oswego Edition" a modified XT20? Is the hull shape of a NXT20 different than an XT20?

Do you know why an NXT20 is 500 lbs lighter than an XT20?

Many thanks for your input and help!
    What part of TX are you in? If North, call TX MasterCraft and talk to Todd. They will be happy to walk you through your options.

Leave a comment:

• Shaun R
    replied
    Originally posted by sbsii View Post
    My thanks for everyone your this much needed input. Yes, our limits are 20' and wake reduction. We have children and grand children that will enjoy a great boat knowing these big wakes will not be possible on our lake. My wife and I do enjoy the interior layout of the V-Drive boat for friends.

Is the "Lake Oswego Edition" a modified XT20? Is the hull shape of a NXT20 different than an XT20?

The boats are technically the same but limited in options to meet the weight and no wake restrictions.

NXT20 is lighter because it’s more of a budget boat with less options and different build process. Both good boats but most would lean toward the XT if budget allows.

Leave a comment:

• sbsii
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Go for pro star with tower?

Leave a comment:

• RockRaines
    replied
    Do they actively check your lake for those systems?

Leave a comment:

• jbmccul
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaun R View Post
    Lake Oswego Edition is to comply with the rules of the lake. No ballast or surf systems, and has to be under 5klbs wet if I remember right. They also have a version with the NXT20.
    Looks like it still has the GEN 2 tabs in the photos

Leave a comment:

• Shaun R
    replied
    Lake Oswego Edition is to comply with the rules of the lake. No ballast or surf systems, and has to be under 5klbs wet if I remember right. They also have a version with the NXT20.

Leave a comment:

• MIskiboat
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    I'm not 100% sure this is still in production, but they have done exactly what you are asking for in the past https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition (was on a call and Shaun R beat me to it)

What are the details?

Leave a comment:

• MIskiboat
    replied
    Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
    I'm not sure you'd want to do that from a resale perspective. I'd think most of the things that you would pay extra to not have other people would want and purchasing them as parts later would be prohibitively expensive IMO.

Very good point.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    I'm not 100% sure this is still in production, but they have done exactly what you are asking for in the past https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition (was on a call and Shaun R beat me to it)

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    replied
    I'm not sure you'd want to do that from a resale perspective. I'd think most of the things that you would pay extra to not have other people would want and purchasing them as parts later would be prohibitively expensive IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MIskiboat
    replied
    What is your goal? Light boat for skiing with better interior seating for a lake with 20’ max limit?
    Dealer would know best what you can delete from the build.

Leave a comment:

• Shaun R
    replied
    https://www.mastercraft.com/boat/det...eoswegoedition

I’m sure your dealer could order one for you. 5.3 will be the lighter than the base 6.0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X