Lenco actuator failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenco actuator failing

First full day on vacation, and my port side actuator stays down when wakeboarding. Called the 2 closest dealers and neither can ship parts until Monday. They are over 2 hours away, so I don't wanted to drive. Back up plan is to turn auto launch off. Does anyone know if I pull the boat, remove the actuator and drain the water, will that get our working again for a while?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Malibu dealer isn't any closer. I have the part on Amazon prime, but it doesn't look like I can get fat shipping there either

Comment

It should work if it dries out but it wont be a long term fix. Perhaps someone there has a spare?

Comment

Thinking about it more, if it got waterlogged overnight, even if I get it drained, I'll have to pull the boat out each night, which is a real pain. I'll just turn auto launch off and see if we can get by with that. I ordered a replacement from Amazon which should be there when I get home next weekend.

Comment

Is it odd that the screen shows it's not retracting? I didn't think mine had any kind of position sensing? How does the system know it's not retracting?

Comment

As far as I know, you're correct that the actuator does not provide any feedback to the computer about it's absolute position. So, if the screen is showing it as not retracting the problem may not be the actuator itself. It may be an issue with the Power Distribution Modules (PDM). The Fusion head unit sends the PDM a command via the CANBUS to tell it when to turn on and off the actuator. If the PDM is not acknowledging the command, then the head unit will know the actuator move command failed.

Have you checked the diagnostic screen to see if the PDM is showing an error? I seem to remember there also being a reset command there to reset certain error conditions.

I've never tried to prove if this is the case or not, but the PDM also monitors the min and max current flow to the actuator. It's conceivable the head unit computer monitors that data and knows the actuator isn't moving because it's not consuming any electrical power.
            -----------------------------------
            Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
            Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
            Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Pull the panel in the back and unplug the actuator cable connector inside the boat. If there is water in there, it ain't fixable.

Comment

I've been leaving the boat in the water, so I've just left auto launch off for now. It moves, just not all the way and never when you are full speed wakeboarding. I'm pretty sure that points to water intrusion. I'll check once vacation is over. My solution is working for now.

Comment

So I turned auto launch back on this afternoon to try troubleshooting some more, and the tab is working fine now. I guess I've got some electrical issues to work out. I think it might be a battery or perko switch issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X