2020 X22 Prop Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 X22 Prop Options

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything on prop choices for a 2020 X22 6.2 motor 2:1 drive.

Has anyone swapped out their prop from the stock 18 x 16? We're mainly surfing, so looking for a good holeshot with full ballast and crew as well as reduced fuel consumption.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
    2022 XSTARS
    2020 X22
    2019 XT22
    2017 XT20

Heard tales of the acme 3289 being a nice option...search forum for that there’s an xstar prop thread and someone also put on a 22....I’ve got a 2019 X22 this was going to be my next purchase

Comment

Damaged my prop a few weeks ago, decided to buy a new spare. Dealership recommended the ACME 3493 (18x15.5), for a little better hole shot. I never really thought the boat was wanting with the stock 18x16, but loving the new prop. Launches are effortless, and no issues getting into the upper 30's when we want.
      Jerry

2020 X22
      2018 XT22
      2014 Aqua Patio
      2003 Malibu Response LXi
      2001 Malibu Sunsetter
      1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
        Damaged my prop a few weeks ago, decided to buy a new spare. Dealership recommended the ACME 3493 (18x15.5), for a little better hole shot. I never really thought the boat was wanting with the stock 18x16, but loving the new prop. Launches are effortless, and no issues getting into the upper 30's when we want.
        so did it help w/ fuel consumption or lower rpms while doing normal activities?

Comment

Originally posted by hvlx2 View Post
          so did it help w/ fuel consumption or lower rpms while doing normal activities?
          I was told that it would help FE, the theory being that the engine doesn't have to work as hard to get to speed under load (when it is consuming the most fuel). Not sure I buy that - these boats are still under pretty good load at surfing speed. But can't say I've had it long enough to see a difference.

As a general statement though, RPMs run higher for a given speed with the lower pitch. We do a fair amount of low speed/idle evening cruises (less than 5mph). With the old prop, seemed like the slowest I could go was maybe a little below 4mph. Slightly lower if into the wind. I'm able to pretty easily maintain at 2.7mph with the new prop. That may or may not be important to you. In our case, we have some channels that we putz through, often times following a pontoon. I don't have to modulate the throttle at all when following to keep from running into them. That is a nice side effect.
          Jerry

2020 X22
          2018 XT22
          2014 Aqua Patio
          2003 Malibu Response LXi
          2001 Malibu Sunsetter
          1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
            I was looking at that prop and the OJ version, WakePro V4 1844. I’ve seen threads debating Amce and OJ merits and there doesn’t seem to be consensus on which brand makes better props. The profiles from each brand are different, so curious to know how they perform. Anyone have experience with the OJ 1844 they can share?
            2022 XSTARS
            2020 X22
            2019 XT22
            2017 XT20

Comment

Subscribed. Stock hole shot is tremendous even fully loaded, wondering if a bit more pitch might get better gas mileage?

Even so, not that we would kill any less dinosaurs as the X22 is a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//sh...ad.php?t=85082

3289 is what you want with the x22. i've seen a significant decrease in fuel consumption. much less RPM at cruising, surf, and wakeboard. thread above talks about 3289 my post #29 gives some specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                  Subscribed. Stock hole shot is tremendous even fully loaded, wondering if a bit more pitch might get better gas mileage?

Even so, not that we would kill any less dinosaurs as the X22 is a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Agreed. Though I’m also wondering what altitude folks are at as I suspect our high altitude requirements might bias us towards more aggressive props.

Comment

I also have the 3289 and have experienced lower RMP's with very little difference in hole shot. Only really notice fully loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                      I was looking at that prop and the OJ version, WakePro V4 1844. I’ve seen threads debating Amce and OJ merits and there doesn’t seem to be consensus on which brand makes better props. The profiles from each brand are different, so curious to know how they perform. Anyone have experience with the OJ 1844 they can share?
                      They both make great props. Its easy to get great personal service from Eric Johnson at OJ so I start there.
                      Bailey
                      '02 X-9
                      Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Originally posted by XC500mod View Post
                        https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//sh...ad.php?t=85082

3289 is what you want with the x22. i've seen a significant decrease in fuel consumption. much less RPM at cruising, surf, and wakeboard. thread above talks about 3289 my post #29 gives some specifics.
                        I read that thread initially, but the drive ratios in the 2019 models (XStar, X24, X22) are 1.57:1 and in the 2020's they're 2:1, a 21.5% difference.
                        2022 XSTARS
                        2020 X22
                        2019 XT22
                        2017 XT20

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinGA View Post
                          They both make great props. Its easy to get great personal service from Eric Johnson at OJ so I start there.
                          Thanks for the advice. I'll talk to him as I'm interested in trying the OJ 799 18 x 17 prop.
                          2022 XSTARS
                          2020 X22
                          2019 XT22
                          2017 XT20

Comment

Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                            I read that thread initially, but the drive ratios in the 2019 models (XStar, X24, X22) are 1.57:1 and in the 2020's they're 2:1, a 21.5% difference.
                            That’s not correct

Comment

all the new stars and x24’s are 2:1. There is a big sticker on the trans that says 2:1.

My ‘18 star had acme 2389 and it was great. Lower surf rpm, less noise...only downside is less power to get on plane...but as moose said, there is plenty of that to spare, so sacrificing a little is worth it for sure.

I have no problem getting on plane with full ballast, 300 pounds of lead and 4 people in the boat- using triple tab auto launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Working...
                              X