No announcement yet.

Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try using the Auto-Launch at the Triple Tab setting when pulling the rider up. It will help plane a bit more.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
      Try using the Auto-Launch at the Triple Tab setting when pulling the rider up. It will help plane a bit more.
      Simple enough. Boat was pointed to the sky

Comment

• Originally posted by duckhunter82 View Post
        I'm curious as to why when I use surf mode and fill ballast 100% the boat points straight to the sky when moving. Do i need more weight up front? First time trying since i purchased a few weeks ago. Thanks
        Did it do this on your test drive before purchase as well or is this a new issue since buying the boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Wrangler View Post
          Did it do this on your test drive before purchase as well or is this a new issue since buying the boat?
          This was my first time filling ballast. Two people were sitting in transom seats so that might have made things worse

Comment

This was my first time filling ballast. Two people were sitting in transom seats so that might have made things worse
            I'm not sure how to check and make sure it's not an issue with the tabs or something so you know everything is functioning normally before you start just playing with your set up, weight distribution, etc...
            I am picking up an XStar today and will probably start out with a couple of hundred pounds of lead (I have 400# of lead from my last boat) in the bow and adjust as needed from there.

(Off topic: I also bought a transom remote that I plan to install. If you have installed your transom remote would you mind posting a pic in your "transom remote" thread showing how the bracket on the inside of the boat is oriented?)

Comment

Fyi, my 2019 x22 needed all new ballast impellers already. Check to make sure the front center tank is all the way full. You can do this by opening the floor where you put the center plug in (shine a flash light on it) or hitting the override fill switch until it is poring out of your starboard side port.

As these impellers wear they slow way down on the fill and empty. So when you pull the boat out you need to hit the override empty while on a hill until all water comes out. The gauges are just timers and their is nothing in the tanks that tell the computer they are full or not.

LOL one question I should ask is how big were the people in the transom seats? FYI its illegal in most state to sit back there while the motor it running.
              Last edited by Tookeymonster; 04-28-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Wrangler View Post
                I'm not sure how to check and make sure it's not an issue with the tabs or something so you know everything is functioning normally before you start just playing with your set up, weight distribution, etc...
                I am picking up an XStar today and will probably start out with a couple of hundred pounds of lead (I have 400# of lead from my last boat) in the bow and adjust as needed from there.

(Off topic: I also bought a transom remote that I plan to install. If you have installed your transom remote would you mind posting a pic in your "transom remote" thread showing how the bracket on the inside of the boat is oriented?)
                I just installed my transom remote last weekend on my x22 so may be a little different.
                1) make sure u have factory wiring at engine ( i think all dual screens will) i actually had three plugs there. Two were for radio and other was for lights and of course I didn't read wires and plugged controller into light harness. Took me an hour to figure that out
                2) remove starboard side drink holder (transom seat)
                3) clean spot where u will install remote
                4) take back laminate off remote and tape on boat
                5) get it perfect
                6) pucker up and drill into you 200k boat
                7) now reach in from drink holder and install bracket to hold remote in place (note that remote is very sticky so make sure you are happy with placement)
                8) now get some band-aids because that sharp *** fiberglass will make you bleed
                9) cut another hole from (inside) boat to run wires from remote to wiring harness. Note my dumbass went a little too deep and made a nice little hole near drink holder.
                10) zip tie wires away from exhaust reinstall cup holder
                11) get a beer and sit in transom seat
                12) play with remote and listen to red hot chili peppers

Its hard to take a pic of bracket due to location but its easy to install

Comment

I just installed my transom remote last weekend on my x22 so may be a little different.
                  1) make sure u have factory wiring at engine ( i think all dual screens will) i actually had three plugs there. Two were for radio and other was for lights and of course I didn't read wires and plugged controller into light harness. Took me an hour to figure that out
                  2) remove starboard side drink holder (transom seat)
                  3) clean spot where u will install remote
                  4) take back laminate off remote and tape on boat
                  5) get it perfect
                  6) pucker up and drill into you 200k boat
                  7) now reach in from drink holder and install bracket to hold remote in place (note that remote is very sticky so make sure you are happy with placement)
                  8) now get some band-aids because that sharp *** fiberglass will make you bleed
                  9) cut another hole from (inside) boat to run wires from remote to wiring harness. Note my dumbass went a little too deep and made a nice little hole near drink holder.
                  10) zip tie wires away from exhaust reinstall cup holder
                  11) get a beer and sit in transom seat
                  12) play with remote and listen to red hot chili peppers

Its hard to take a pic of bracket due to location but its easy to install
                  Thanks for the info! I just picked up my boat today and already have the remote.

Comment

I'm curious as to why when I use surf mode and fill ballast 100% the boat points straight to the sky when moving. Do i need more weight up front? First time trying since i purchased a few weeks ago. Thanks

Sounds like there was way, way too much weight at the stern. FYI, the factory surf settings are designed to deliver about 10 to 11 degree bow rise with 4 people sitting in the cockpit area - which is ideal for that hull.

You will get a less than stellar experience all around with the bow any higher than that. Best way to tune it is to place your phone on the floor with the level tool open and moving people and weight around until you have less than 11 degrees of rise. (At factory surf settings for ballast, speed, and tab position). Then if you add people and weight try to keep the bow rise the same.

Note, it’s also best to get the weight correct without relying on the center tab else that will also mess with your wave as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Clarification of measurement

Originally posted by dbrayton1 View Post
                      Sounds like there was way, way too much weight at the stern. FYI, the factory surf settings are designed to deliver about 10 to 11 degree bow rise with 4 people sitting in the cockpit area - which is ideal for that hull.

You will get a less than stellar experience all around with the bow any higher than that. Best way to tune it is to place your phone on the floor with the level tool open and moving people and weight around until you have less than 11 degrees of rise. (At factory surf settings for ballast, speed, and tab position). Then if you add people and weight try to keep the bow rise the same.

Note, it’s also best to get the weight correct without relying on the center tab else that will also mess with your wave as well.

Please clarify the measurement. Is the less than 11 degrees measured while floating stationary or underway with the tab deployed and traveling at the desired surf speed?
                      Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
                      SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
                      2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
                      2021 MC XStar Red
                      2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
                      2020 MC XStar Blue
                      2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                      2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                      2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                      2019 MC XStar Blue/White
                      2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
                      2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Black ‘n Green View Post
                        Please clarify the measurement. Is the less than 11 degrees measured while floating stationary or underway with the tab deployed and traveling at the desired surf speed?

That’s 11 while surfing.

Comment

• so few months ago after looking at multiple boats through the years finally decided to go all in and just get x22 so we don;t have to "upgrate" too soon... it's new to me and has 150hrs after trying it out now just 2 weeks later we have stbd ballast not filling, screen always shows center tab at 70 no matter what I do, seems like it works but still shows 70, weather temp shows 0 and after some time on water you can't get out of profile you are in either it's surf or drive or wake etc..just wont let you choose anything else unless you turn off battery.. seems like screen is working itself and let me go into settings etc and even can switch between surf or wake profiles but can't get into anything else... didn't even get to surf it yet and taking back to the shop already...

Comment

• ^Shaved, couple of things:

1) With an X22 being a recent MY, you are still under warranty (if first or second owner with transfer paid), so you should be covered if gremlins

2) These boats draw a ton of power, suggest (a) getting your batteries fully charged and/or replaced, and (b) making sure you shut off your battery switch after each outing

Feels like your screen and tab issues are power related not sure, as they are odd. Ballast may need to check and/or replace impellers. Beyond that did you buy from a dealer and get an on water demo?

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                              ^Shaved, couple of things:

1) With an X22 being a recent MY, you are still under warranty (if first or second owner with transfer paid), so you should be covered if gremlins

2) These boats draw a ton of power, suggest (a) getting your batteries fully charged and/or replaced, and (b) making sure you shut off your battery switch after each outing

Feels like your screen and tab issues are power related not sure, as they are odd. Ballast may need to check and/or replace impellers. Beyond that did you buy from a dealer and get an on water demo?

It was true in 1969 and it’s just as true today.

Comment

• What are you getting for top speed and rpm also surfing speed/rpm on your X22 with what prop?

Comment

Working...
                                X