Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post
    Does anyone know the stock ballast timers for fastfill on a X22? I changed mine and didn’t take a pic of the stock timers to go back. I could factory reset, but afraid I’d lose the custom wave profiles. Any help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is probably not the answer you want, but it may be more satisfying that silence. I do not recall the factory settings. I do believe I have an old mobile phone around here somewhere with pics that I took before making any changes. I'll look. Meanwhile, what I learned is the factory settings weren't ideal for me (and I've read many posts where that has been true for others). The whole idea of using timers and flowrate vs. a guage in the tank is kinda absurd. Granted, a float guage is pretty new technology and maybe Mastercraft is waiting for it to be proven reliable. At this point it has only been used in automobile fuel tanks for about 130 years, so the tech is young. klunk! I'll look for those photos for you.

TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
      This is probably not the answer you want, but it may be more satisfying that silence. I do not recall the factory settings. I do believe I have an old mobile phone around here somewhere with pics that I took before making any changes. I'll look. Meanwhile, what I learned is the factory settings weren't ideal for me (and I've read many posts where that has been true for others). The whole idea of using timers and flowrate vs. a guage in the tank is kinda absurd. Granted, a float guage is pretty new technology and maybe Mastercraft is waiting for it to be proven reliable. At this point it has only been used in automobile fuel tanks for about 130 years, so the tech is young. klunk! I'll look for those photos for you.

TJ

Thanks for the help! I’m hoping to avoid factory resetting. I can also fill and time them individually and get close on the drain times. Thanks for any help with pics…
      2022 XSTARS
      2020 X22
      2019 XT22
      2017 XT20

Comment

• Port fill: 3:30
        Port drain: 3:25
        Center fill: 4:10
        Center drain: 4:15
        Starboard fill: 3:30
        Starboard drain: 3:25
        Mid fill: 3:40
        Mid drain: 3:45

Comment

• I found the photos of my pump settings before I ever changed anything. My memory is a bit hazy and these photos are over a year old. Here are my thoughts:

(A) This is simply how my boat was setup when I got it. Perhaps somebody tinkered with it while it was on the showroom floor before I bought it.

(B) These times did NOT work properly for me and I felt the need to change them. I spent a few hours one day with a stop watch and tinkered tank-by-tank to figure out how long each timer should be set.

(C) In the year since I’ve changed them there have been a few times when the pumps have “gotten confused” and I’ve had to manually override to get the tanks to completely fill/empty.

(D) I have a theory that little things make a difference and each boat will require slightly unique timer settings (things like air temp, water temp, presence of algae in the water, etc.) so as much as it would be nice to believe that factory settings are meaningful, I think that in this case they are worthless.

Best of luck.

TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Woo hoo!!!! This is the one thing I was hoping would be improved. Thanks. I'm gonna head down to my boat and update right now. Thanks.

TJ
            Well, so much for that.

Software Update -> Spark -> Refresh -> wait...wait...wait -> "Sync Error! 400 Bad Request"

Does anybody have a clue why this might be happening?

TJ

PS - There is a wireless access point to the wifi network about 25 feet from the boat, so network connectivity is NOT the problem.

PPS - The current software version on the boat is: 44749-20191017

Comment

Well, so much for that.

Software Update -> Spark -> Refresh -> wait...wait...wait -> "Sync Error! 400 Bad Request"

Does anybody have a clue why this might be happening?

TJ

PS - There is a wireless access point to the wifi network about 25 feet from the boat, so network connectivity is NOT the problem.

PPS - The current software version on the boat is: 44749-20191017
              If anybody is following along I figured I'd drop a note here letting you know that I started a thread specific to software updating (or lack there of). The thread is here: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=108774

Hopefully it will be useful to some people.

TJ

Comment

I found the photos of my pump settings before I ever changed anything. My memory is a bit hazy and these photos are over a year old. Here are my thoughts:

(A) This is simply how my boat was setup when I got it. Perhaps somebody tinkered with it while it was on the showroom floor before I bought it.

(B) These times did NOT work properly for me and I felt the need to change them. I spent a few hours one day with a stop watch and tinkered tank-by-tank to figure out how long each timer should be set.

(C) In the year since I’ve changed them there have been a few times when the pumps have “gotten confused” and I’ve had to manually override to get the tanks to completely fill/empty.

(D) I have a theory that little things make a difference and each boat will require slightly unique timer settings (things like air temp, water temp, presence of algae in the water, etc.) so as much as it would be nice to believe that factory settings are meaningful, I think that in this case they are worthless.

Best of luck.

TJ

Thanks for the pics! Exactly what I was looking for… I just had the 100hr service done which includes new ballast impellers. I’ve noticed the tanks are filling up much faster, so wanted to go back to stock timers. Really appreciate the help!
                2022 XSTARS
                2020 X22
                2019 XT22
                2017 XT20

Comment

• Curious if anyone else uses the Fuel Management system (no) or just the old fashioned float gauge (we do) on their X22, and if so, if anyone has had gauge issues?

Up until recently, when full our gauge always read 100%, but starting two fill ups ago, I can't get the gauge to go above ~92%, even when filled to the point of fuel spilling out of the filler neck. First fill up was at a gas station, and this last one was out of fuel cans.

Comment

• Originally posted by tenmile View Post
                    Curious if anyone else uses the Fuel Management system (no) or just the old fashioned float gauge (we do) on their X22, and if so, if anyone has had gauge issues?

Up until recently, when full our gauge always read 100%, but starting two fill ups ago, I can't get the gauge to go above ~92%, even when filled to the point of fuel spilling out of the filler neck. First fill up was at a gas station, and this last one was out of fuel cans.
                    I turned it off on mine. With it on, my boat never showed more than 87%, even when full. My understanding is that it deducts a certain percentage as a reserve. I just didn't see any value in it.

Comment

• I use the fuel management system but had to figure out that (1) it has to be turned on, and (2) once tank has been refilled you have to select the full option which will pre calculate gallons added to get to 100% (or you can do so manually).

Comment

• Somebody here just helped me out with the same issue last week and their advice worked, so I'll pass it along. Differences in fuel can cause the system to read low. Ours wouldn't go over 85% when we travelled on vacation, likely a difference in ethanol content or something else in the fuel blend or octane rating. There is a sensor that accounts for this and will recalibrate based on the fuel you are using, but you must run the tank down to less than 50% to trigger the calibration.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
                          I turned it off on mine. With it on, my boat never showed more than 87%, even when full. My understanding is that it deducts a certain percentage as a reserve. I just didn't see any value in it.
                          For clarity, you turned Fuel Management off and use the gauge, and it goes to 100% when full?

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                          I use the fuel management system but had to figure out that (1) it has to be turned on, and (2) once tank has been refilled you have to select the full option which will pre calculate gallons added to get to 100% (or you can do so manually).
                          We turned it off from day one since we are filling as we go and generally don't fill it to 100% unless it's out of the water, and the gauge has always worked without issue until now, so now I'm contemplating turning it on to see how it does since I know it's full.

Originally posted by LD50 View Post
                          Somebody here just helped me out with the same issue last week and their advice worked, so I'll pass it along. Differences in fuel can cause the system to read low. Ours wouldn't go over 85% when we travelled on vacation, likely a difference in ethanol content or something else in the fuel blend or octane rating. There is a sensor that accounts for this and will recalibrate based on the fuel you are using, but you must run the tank down to less than 50% to trigger the calibration.
                          Super, super interesting, thanks! For clarity, you just ran the boat down to below 50% (from 85%) and it automatically re-calibrated, so the next time you filled up, it showed 100%?

Comment

• Originally posted by tenmile View Post
                            For clarity, you turned Fuel Management off and use the gauge, and it goes to 100% when full?
                            Correct, the dealer actually turned it off for me. They indicated they disabled it on most of their boats because it caused more confusion than anything. Maybe there is a difference in the software across model years since mine is a 2019, but mine never went to 100%, and I use the same exact gas station every single time with ethanol free gas. I fill up after each use and would always tell the computer it was full, which took it to 87%. I mean like every single trip it went to 87%. With it disabled, it goes to 100% when I fill up.

I am curious for those who use it, what's the actual benefit other than it overstating your fuel usage so you have a built in reserve? Just seems like an extra step with no real value. Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

• I believe MC understated the amount of actual fuel so that it shows empty when you have a 1/4 tank left to prevent people from surfing with a low tank and burning up their fuel pump. Basically nanny system for those ignorant about their boat.

I turned it off as soon as I figured out what was going on.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ya I have had it turned off since day 1 as well. Its overly complex and unnecessary IMO, I just never run below 30%.

Comment

Working...
                                X