Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tenmile View Post

Super, super interesting, thanks! For clarity, you just ran the boat down to below 50% (from 85%) and it automatically re-calibrated, so the next time you filled up, it showed 100%?

Correct. I also have not been running fuel management since we got this boat. It had always filled up to 100% previously. Then we took in on vacation 500 miles from home. It read 85% on 2 subsequent refuelings on vacation until I ran it below 50%.

Comment

• Would love to hear feedback on the surf wave of an X22 vs. XT22. How different are they. I've been impressed with the wave on my XT22 and was just wondering if upgrading to the X22 I would see a significant difference. I'm a casual surfer and just looking for a great wave to push my big body around the lake with no rope. Is the price jump worth it for a better surf wave?

Comment

• When we got back from an expat assignment, my wife was keen to get back on the water. We first purchased a XT20 as I wanted to fit it in our garage, but quickly found out we wanted more room. Moved up to a XT22 mainly for the room, but also for the larger wave. I was happy with the wave, especially with a large crew. I brought it into the dealer for an oil change at 75hrs and saw a X22 on the floor and asked for a demo, but that was a mistake…. First thing I noticed behind the boat was the wave was larger, longer and with more push, even with only the driver in the boat. I was surfing at the end of the rope vs mid rope on the XT22. I didn’t check to see if there was extra weight, but based on that demo and the added options, we ended up purchasing a X22 for the next season. However, I wanted to keep an open mind before committing, so I went to the Nautique dealer and demoed a G23. The G wave was not as customizable nor wasn’t as big in the steep setting. I didn’t get behind the boat to check the wave push because that demo was in February, but based on seeing the wave, I ruled it out. There were some nice aspects about the G, but the X22 won out on the wave.

We’ve been extremely happy the the wave on the X22 for the past two summers, especially when we have a large crew. Out of all the X/Xstar series boats, it also has the best power to weight ratio per a given engine. The river where we surf 80% of the time has a weight limit of 10K lbs, so the X22 put us under that, where the X24 was 400 lbs over. The XStar would have been 100lbs under the limit, but we really liked the lounge seats on the X22.

One thing I did notice better in the XT22 than the X22 was it didn’t tend to porpoise like the X22. Nothing a little weight up forward and some trim tab didn’t fix, but was noticeable initially.

I’ll scour my photos and upload some wave pics for comparison.
        2022 XSTARS
        2020 X22
        2019 XT22
        2017 XT20

Comment

• Interested to hear from those X22 owners with larger crews how that alters surf and wake settings. Another recent post commented on reducing ballast fill 10% for each extra crew member, others just remove all lead. Any other comments welcomed, please and thanks.

We have potentially 9 adults aboard next week, which we’ve never run before. Looking forward to the Tsunami.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
            We have potentially 9 adults aboard next week, which we’ve never run before. Looking forward to the Tsunami.
            Pictures please! Be great to see if the X22 has a max weight limit before wave washes out or doesn't improve. Bigger is better!

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post
              When we got back from an expat assignment, my wife was keen to get back on the water. We first purchased a XT20 as I wanted to fit it in our garage, but quickly found out we wanted more room. Moved up to a XT22 mainly for the room, but also for the larger wave. I was happy with the wave, especially with a large crew. I brought it into the dealer for an oil change at 75hrs and saw a X22 on the floor and asked for a demo, but that was a mistake…. First thing I noticed behind the boat was the wave was larger, longer and with more push, even with only the driver in the boat. I was surfing at the end of the rope vs mid rope on the XT22. I didn’t check to see if there was extra weight, but based on that demo and the added options, we ended up purchasing a X22 for the next season. However, I wanted to keep an open mind before committing, so I went to the Nautique dealer and demoed a G23. The G wave was not as customizable nor wasn’t as big in the steep setting. I didn’t get behind the boat to check the wave push because that demo was in February, but based on seeing the wave, I ruled it out. There were some nice aspects about the G, but the X22 won out on the wave.

We’ve been extremely happy the the wave on the X22 for the past two summers, especially when we have a large crew. Out of all the X/Xstar series boats, it also has the best power to weight ratio per a given engine. The river where we surf 80% of the time has a weight limit of 10K lbs, so the X22 put us under that, where the X24 was 400 lbs over. The XStar would have been 100lbs under the limit, but we really liked the lounge seats on the X22.

One thing I did notice better in the XT22 than the X22 was it didn’t tend to porpoise like the X22. Nothing a little weight up forward and some trim tab didn’t fix, but was noticeable initially.

I’ll scour my photos and upload some wave pics for comparison.
              Thank you for taking the time on this write up. Exactly what I wanted to hear with first hand experience of owning both boats. hopefully once boat inventories recover I can demo a X22 one day. Hard to get demo's when dealers don't have many boats. My local dealer is completely out of boats.

Really liked you comments on the Nautique as well. I now have a Nautique dealer on my lake so I was going to give them a thought as well. My first choice would be to stay with Mastercraft though.....

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post
                Would love to hear feedback on the surf wave of an X22 vs. XT22. How different are they. I've been impressed with the wave on my XT22 and was just wondering if upgrading to the X22 I would see a significant difference. I'm a casual surfer and just looking for a great wave to push my big body around the lake with no rope. Is the price jump worth it for a better surf wave?

I’ve owned both boats. Our XT ran ~ 800lbs wakemakers bags in the lockers and another 500lb of lead. It was good. Our X22 with totally stock setup is in another league. And with our 500lbs it’s even better. Worth absolutely every extra penny imo ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                  Interested to hear from those X22 owners with larger crews how that alters surf and wake settings. Another recent post commented on reducing ballast fill 10% for each extra crew member, others just remove all lead. Any other comments welcomed, please and thanks.

The wave is going to be huge…
                  2022 XSTARS
                  2020 X22
                  2019 XT22
                  2017 XT20

Comment

• This is with one adult driver, two skinny teenagers and 400 lbs of lead. Stock Mellow left settings.

This one is with 5 smallish adults and 2 kids/4 teenagers. No extra lead. Moose optimized wave settings - 100% filled switchback tank.

This is the demo ride with the salesperson driving, not other passengers, he said no extra lead. Stock steep left settings.

Sorry for the low res pics. They are screenshots of videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    2022 XSTARS
                    2020 X22
                    2019 XT22
                    2017 XT20

Comment

• Official X22 Thread

Here’s the pic without the crop. This is just me at the helm, no crew, 500lbs of lead. Shot on iPhone standard lens. My wife is 5’ 6”

Comment

• Official X22 Thread

Originally posted by wallos View Post
                        Pictures please! Be great to see if the X22 has a max weight limit before wave washes out or doesn't improve. Bigger is better!

The main issue most folks are mitigating with reduced ballast or removing lead is from too many people in the back causing the boat to point to the sky and everything goes to sh$t. As long as you send a few crew to the bow to keep your pitch (bow rise) at around 10 degrees the boat with handle the weight and surf like a champ.

Comment

• ^Thanks fellas. I’ve seen the 10-11 degrees mentioned before, IIRC B&G puts an inclinometer on his to achieve it. Our default for the past three MC’s surf setup was to slam the transom with a bit bias surf corner, then press the amidships and bow with crew and or ballast to get the swim platform from digging into the surf wave too much. Just grazing the surf corner swim platform underway seems about right.

Will definitely have pics and vid. We normally roll with 2-4 people plus 350 lbs lead. Just going to 4-5 crew the wave is noticeably larger and more powerful. Feels like we will bump her up to 12 mph+ with 9 crew.

Comment

• I have added the wakemarker x24 bags (815lbs each) and moved 300lbs lead to midship to bow. The wave is great with just a driver add 8-10 crew and it is insane. Some riders want / need me to drain some ballast.

Comment

• Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
                              I have added the wakemarker x24 bags (815lbs each) and moved 300lbs lead to midship to bow. The wave is great with just a driver add 8-10 crew and it is insane. Some riders want / need me to drain some ballast.

Pics of the wave?
                              2022 XSTARS
                              2020 X22
                              2019 XT22
                              2017 XT20

Comment

• couple shots
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X