Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,
    New to the forum and considering an X22 for a new boat purchase. 1 specific question I'm hoping to get some help with. Does anyone know peak height of the tower with tower down for the below combos?

X22 Boat with:
    Standard trailer w/ Z8 tower
    Standard trailer w/ Z10 tower
    Low Profile trailer w/ Z8 tower
    Low Profile trailer w/ z10 tower

I have heard various measurements but basically I have an 8' garage with the ability w/ some "trimming" to squeeze another 3" out. Wondering if it'll fit.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

• Hey guys - quick question...is the X22 from 2019 through 2021 the same? Unsure of the major revision years on this boat. I'm currently boatless (sold the X10 over the weekend), and considering the X22. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ^Foggy, others will chime in with better knowledge, but I believe the primary difference in the X22 for those model years was the tab actuators. In 2020, the beefier flanged black plastic actuators were included, and IIRC in 2021 they went to another upgraded actuator including position sensors.

Comment

• Thanks Moose. I appreciate the feedback. I've been torn between X22 and XT22, but leaning to the "X" at the moment. I read both of these threads fully over the weekend and learned a lot. We will miss the X10 because it was amazing, but it was time to trade to preserve the investment / resale.

Comment

• I believe the alternator was changed in 2020 for fast fill to allow the boat to go above 1500 RPM's while running the pumps. The updated U/I is only compatible with 20 and above.

I went from a 2015 X10 to the 2019 X22. The X22 has a good bit more freeboard and definitely feels bigger, but I have enjoyed it.

My 2019 X22 is still for sale btw. Its very well optioned with low hours.

Comment

• My 2020 has the larger alternator and fast fill, but still requires staying below 1500 RPM's. The 2020 & up updated U/I is much better than the old, especially if you want an effective auto volume function.
              Jerry

2020 X22
              2018 XT22
              2014 Aqua Patio
              2003 Malibu Response LXi
              2001 Malibu Sunsetter
              1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• Besides the upgraded alternator and actuators, 2020 added premium plus sound (two extra cockpit speakers and 4 tower speakers standard), front and rear sunshades and RGB lighting options. I’m not sure if the platform ladder or footrests were options in 2019, but they were on 2020. 2021 added a standard wireless phone charger for the driver and mid-2021 added a side shade option.

2020 trailers had an added option for electric over hydraulic brakes.

As stated earlier, the newest IU works on 2020 and on.
                2022 XSTARS
                2020 X22
                2019 XT22
                2017 XT20

Comment

• Thanks to all for the info on model year differences. Very helpful!

Comment

• FWIW, I had a 2018 XT22. Great boat, but don’t think I could have done this behind it. The X22 wave is crazy good!
                    Attached Files
                    Jerry

2020 X22
                    2018 XT22
                    2014 Aqua Patio
                    2003 Malibu Response LXi
                    2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                    1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• I second that.

We had 2019 XT 22 and moved to a 2020 X22. Next level waves…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      2022 XSTARS
                      2020 X22
                      2019 XT22
                      2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
                        What size Phantom are you riding, the 57"?
                        yes, the 57

Comment

• Originally posted by LD50 View Post
                          Correct. I also have not been running fuel management since we got this boat. It had always filled up to 100% previously. Then we took in on vacation 500 miles from home. It read 85% on 2 subsequent refuelings on vacation until I ran it below 50%.
                          As a follow up, confirm this method works perfectly. Ran the boat down to 15% then filled it full and the gauge recalibrated back to 100%

Comment

• Made the switch to a 2021 X22 w/50 hours. Took her out for the maiden voyage yesterday. Massive difference over my 2017 X10. It's not gonna work for slalom, but we have access to a DD for that. Super nice so far. Will post questions soon I'm sure. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh that is bad azz Foggy! Congrats and welcome to the Tsunami club.

Comment

• This is my skiing behind our x22. Not a prostar but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X