• moosehead
    replied
    Congrats J, come to the dark side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• cmasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
    The only thing you lose is Navigation, rear view camera, and GoPro camera integration.

Navigation is not needed on lakes around here. When we go to big lakes outside the state I use the Navonics app and it is awesome.

Rear View Camera I like the mirror and its safer as you can see it and the water infront of you better.

GoPro Intergration sucks as it cuts out the music on stereo.

Other than that you get all the same features and functions.

Thanks... That's very helpful. I guess I could have looked it up but I'm lazy.

I've not seen nav on a car or truck or boat that compared to the nav products you can get on your phone (free) or via paid app. All of the vehicle embedded nav systems seem to suck imo. I could care less about the gopro integration or rear view cam. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    I am also looking at the XT but not sure. No one has one for me to test ride around here.
    Fly to Nashville and you have accommodations and a slammed XT22 to try. Our boy Aric is closer LOL

With some lead and upgraded rear sacs, the XT in my mind is a good value. Would I love the X22, absolutely. With my second one headed to College (at most likely a tier 1 private college) next fall, the XT looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Congrats on the sale. Having moved from an NXT22 to an XT22 with the 7" screen, It has been all I could ask for. Beautiful build.
    I am also looking at the XT but not sure. No one has one for me to test ride around here.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by cmasty View Post
    @tookeymonster... I've been looking at this boat in Denver. Similar to you...My main holdback is that it doesn't have the dual screens... But I've been reading a lot of complaints and issues so not sure if that's a bad thing... or what other features I'm losing by not having dual screens.

https://mastercraftcolorado.com/list...rcraft-x-22-3/
    The only thing you lose is Navigation, rear view camera, and GoPro camera integration.

Navigation is not needed on lakes around here. When we go to big lakes outside the state I use the Navonics app and it is awesome.

Rear View Camera I like the mirror and its safer as you can see it and the water infront of you better.

GoPro Intergration sucks as it cuts out the music on stereo.

Other than that you get all the same features and functions.

Leave a comment:

• cmasty
    replied
    @tookeymonster... I've been looking at this boat in Denver. Similar to you...My main holdback is that it doesn't have the dual screens... But I've been reading a lot of complaints and issues so not sure if that's a bad thing... or what other features I'm losing by not having dual screens.

https://mastercraftcolorado.com/list...rcraft-x-22-3/

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    Playing with the build of this bute! As soon as the funds clear today my NXT22 will be gone, sad day but this pic makes me smile. My season is kind of over now, but I have a buddy that has a G23 on a little pond we can play on.

Who on here has the single 7" screen, any regrets on not getting the duel? I kind of like the analog gauges up front. I'm looking for the most simple for my wife to operate...

[ATTACH]198551[/ATTACH]

Congrats on the sale. Having moved from an NXT22 to an XT22 with the 7" screen, It has been all I could ask for. Beautiful build.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Playing with the build of this bute! As soon as the funds clear today my NXT22 will be gone, sad day but this pic makes me smile. My season is kind of over now, but I have a buddy that has a G23 on a little pond we can play on.

Who on here has the single 7" screen, any regrets on not getting the duel? I kind of like the analog gauges up front. I'm looking for the most simple for my wife to operate...

Click image for larger version

Name:	x22 build pic.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	2406050

Leave a comment:

• Surfline
    replied
    Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
    You can get around this by setting both left and right profiles with tanks at 100%, then instead of using the 'Left' and 'Right' buttons on the main surf screen, just activate the opposite profile from the profile selection screen.

Have to say, that is one thing I'd like to see different - I'd like to be able to modify the standard profiles, so that the buttons on the main screen are still easy to use...
    Thanks for the tip Barneyferd!

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfline View Post
    Also, when you flip sides, the center ballast automatically begin to drain so you need to quickly stop it. It's fairly easy to stop it in about a second and a half at 99% and fill it right back to 100% in two seconds. I realize we aren't supposed to run the pumps above 1500 rpms as it can drain the battery however I think this is insignificant (Please tell me if I'm wrong about that!)
    You can get around this by setting both left and right profiles with tanks at 100%, then instead of using the 'Left' and 'Right' buttons on the main surf screen, just activate the opposite profile from the profile selection screen.

Have to say, that is one thing I'd like to see different - I'd like to be able to modify the standard profiles, so that the buttons on the main screen are still easy to use...

Leave a comment:

• Surfline
    replied
    Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
    Our 2020 X22 has 130 hours on it. The only profiles we ever use for surfing are the stock “steep left” and “steep right”. I’m going to try what the OP suggests.

At about the 100 hour mark we bought 600 lbs of lead. We put 150 lbs under the port bag, 150 under the starboard bag. 50 under the seats on each side right about where the tower is. The last 200 lbs gets moved between the bow locker (when we want to motor over to the fuel dock) or on the floor as far aft as possible when surfing. I gotta say, the lead was definitely worth it.

This is our first surf boat so we don’t have any other perspective. We like to switch from side to side. (I recently got a ride on a Malibu that had a wrist remote that allowed the surfer to swap the wave. The on the X22 it requires some pretty good communication between the driver and the surfer. Maybe MC will offer that in the future.)

I’m curious about the above posts that say fill the switchback tank to 100%. I assumed that the reason that is not recommenced is so that it will quickly move the wave from one side to another. For those of you filling the switchback to 100% are you also switching the wave from side to side while surfing?

TJ
    Thanks very much for starting this thread! We are at 94 hours after getting the boat the first week of June. Family is loving it. My kids do like to switchback and we keep everything at 100%. As you say, it does take a little surfer/driver coordination. Also, when you flip sides, the center ballast automatically begin to drain so you need to quickly stop it. It's fairly easy to stop it in about a second and a half at 99% and fill it right back to 100% in two seconds. I realize we aren't supposed to run the pumps above 1500 rpms as it can drain the battery however I think this is insignificant (Please tell me if I'm wrong about that!)

Leave a comment:

• TAJX22
    replied
    Holy obnoxiously large pictures, Batman! Sorry about that.

TJ

Leave a comment:

• TAJX22
    replied
    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
    The seat back build is neat. You can buy the parts and add it to your boat for $400. It reuses the original cushion just need some bolts to connect to post riser. It’s part number 560315 and 530211. You can fill the old holes for standard mount with spectrum patch paste kit. Then it will look like the factory installed it.
    I thought about buying the parts and installing the OEM backrest. I decided against it because it doesn’t raise the cushion very much. It is a nice idea, but it isn’t particularly useful. (Just one man’s opinion.). The attached pictures gives perspective regarding how much higher my redneck version is compared to the OEM version.

I did reuse the stock cushion, and I didn’t drill any holes. There was no need to patch anything.

My original thought was that I was going to make a bracket out of stainless steel. I started out making what I thought would be a prototype out of poplar. It turned out good enough that I just painted it. Hahahahaha.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    The seat back build is neat. You can buy the parts and add it to your boat for $400. It reuses the original cushion just need some bolts to connect to post riser. It’s part number 560315 and 530211. You can fill the old holes for standard mount with spectrum patch paste kit. Then it will look like the factory installed it.

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    ^Nice work Taj! May have to follow your lead on the starboard seat back conversion.

Just stowed her for hibernation after a tremendous 96 hours in her first season.

Will dream about this wave all winter.

Xpost MM’s X22 Surf Session:

https://vimeo.com/446007610

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

THAT was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X