No announcement yet.

Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings provided by Moose at the start of this thread, I was expecting a big improvement over the X25 but this still blew me away!!

3 People in the boat. Rider is 6ft 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 22.03.07.png Views:	0 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	2709067 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3664.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	2709068

Comment

• I just sent this to Alan at MCFT CO but thought others here might be interested in additional Acme 3289 Feedback:

"I did end up ordering an 18x17.5 prop (Acme 3289) and have put about 10 hours on it. You know our boat setup ('19 X22, 6000GDI, 2:1; 5400' elevation); most of the time we're running 150# of lead in the front, 100% ballast in all tanks including Mid, with 1 to 2 passengers in the boat with one surfing.

It's a noticeable difference from the factory 18x16 but there's plenty of holeshot for that setup. No complaints at all- RPM's dropped to about 3050 at 10.8 and 3200 at 11.4, and fuel consumption seems to be considerably down.

That said, as soon as we go to 6-10 passengers onboard, it's not enough prop and we have to run ballast around 50-60% to maintain performance.

So- great prop if any of your customers are not hauling a lot of crew and want better GPH, but stick with your other recommendations for anyone rolling heavy."

Also, I need to keep tweaking settings and or moving weight, but I am not having a ton of luck with the settings from moose; the wave gets pushier, but a lot washier towards the tail and it's throwing some folks off when they get too far down the wave.

Comment

• I have the 2020 x22. Does anybody have any issues with the depth finder not reading on the main screen? Sometimes it will work then it will not. Most of the time it does not. Also my main screen music does not match what the right screen shows sometimes. I don't know if this is related.

Comment

• Originally posted by acarro View Post
          I have the 2020 x22. Does anybody have any issues with the depth finder not reading on the main screen? Sometimes it will work then it will not. Most of the time it does not. Also my main screen music does not match what the right screen shows sometimes. I don't know if this is related.
          Ive had a lot of depth finder issues, and the weird not matching music thing as well. My depth finder transducer was replaced. Apparently that was a well known issue. Still didn't work - then the cable between the screens was replaced. I won't see the boat again for a couple weeks, but my dealer says it all works now. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by tenmile View Post
            I just sent this to Alan at MCFT CO but thought others here might be interested in additional Acme 3289 Feedback:

"I did end up ordering an 18x17.5 prop (Acme 3289) and have put about 10 hours on it. You know our boat setup ('19 X22, 6000GDI, 2:1; 5400' elevation); most of the time we're running 150# of lead in the front, 100% ballast in all tanks including Mid, with 1 to 2 passengers in the boat with one surfing.

It's a noticeable difference from the factory 18x16 but there's plenty of holeshot for that setup. No complaints at all- RPM's dropped to about 3050 at 10.8 and 3200 at 11.4, and fuel consumption seems to be considerably down.

That said, as soon as we go to 6-10 passengers onboard, it's not enough prop and we have to run ballast around 50-60% to maintain performance.

So- great prop if any of your customers are not hauling a lot of crew and want better G6
            PH, but stick with your other recommendations for anyone rolling heavy."

Also, I need to keep tweaking settings and or moving weight, but I am not having a ton of luck with the settings from moose; the wave gets pushier, but a lot washier towards the tail and it's throwing some folks off when they get too far down the wave.
            I'm here in Colorado running the 18x15.5 and love it with the 6.2 motor. I think it is the sweet spot for running at 5,000'-6,000'. We have around 6-8 passengers and run 200 lbs of lead in the bow because everyone like to sit in the back and most like a longer wave.

Comment

• duplicate post
              Last edited by TAJX22; 08-31-2022, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Hey X22-ers:

There seems to be a lot of people who choose to run the mid-ballast at 100% capacity rather than the 75% that is recommended by Mastercraft.

I've setup a profile to do that, but as soon as I touch one of the standard "left" or "right" or "steep" or "mellow" buttons the boat automatically starts draining the mid tank to 75%. I'd like to manually fill the mid to 100, then pop the breaker (or even disconnect a lead on the pump if I must, because I can't figure out how to manually pop the push button) then regardless of what the computer wants, that tank will ALWAYS be at 100. I'm willing to live with that even during high speed trips to the fuel dock. The boat is wet-slipped and basically is used for nothing but surfing. At the end of the season I'll manually empty the tank before putting the boat away for the winter.

My 3 questions are:

(1) Does anybody see a reason to NOT try this?

(2) Is there a way to manually trip the breaker(s)?

(3) When I look at the breaker panel I see that the port, starboard, and mid tanks all have 2 breakers, but the forward tank only has one. Why is that?

Thanks for any advice.

TJ

Comment

• I loved and expected to keep our XT22 for a very long time until I made the mistake of scanning the local dealer’s website and noticed a lightly used X22 with all the features I loved about our XT22. Then I made the mistake of going to see it. And driving it.

My initial observations after 2 outings:

The hull is clearly designed for wakeboarding - which we still do - and surfing. Even with 18 bags of lead scattered around our XT22, I never came close to achieving what is the stock Mellow wave in the photos.

FastFill is life changing.

The 6.2 GDI doesn’t look much different than the 6.0 on paper but there is no comparison out on the water.

I liked the combination of the analog screens and the single 7” screen on our XT22 and told everyone “It’s all you really need.” 10 mins of driving with the dual screens and I was hooked.

There is a noticeable difference in bow rise. I had to put 6 bags on the bow floor of the XT22 to achieve the stock ride of the X.

The rear lounge seats are a home run and I came from the flip up rear seats which I told everyone, “It’s all you need.”

Downsides are a serious drop in storage, an obvious trade off to all the extra ballast. And the 2020 low profile trailer I had was way nicer than the stock 2021 trailer.

Side note - The DSP update is significant. On Auto Volume setting 5, the music drops as soon as you let off the throttle to level where you can talk to passengers and the rider and goes right back up when you accelerate. Also, I noticed way more bass out of the tower speakers while surfing.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4011.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	2716603 IMG_5190.mov Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4028.jpg Views:	9 Size:	576.5 KB ID:	2716597 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4877.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	2716598 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3961.jpg Views:	9 Size:	2.89 MB ID:	2716599 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4887.jpg Views:	9 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	2716600 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3953.jpg Views:	9 Size:	4.14 MB ID:	2716601
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MasterCraft Ranger; 11-21-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• MasterCraft Ranger, love the exterior color selections... Almost twins. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 MC X22.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2716614
                    WaterSkis.com - Boat Part Look Up Tool

MidwestWaterSports.com
                    (Previously known as Midwest MasterCraft)

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                      I loved and expected to keep our XT22 for a very long time until I made the mistake of scanning the local dealer’s website and noticed a lightly used X22 with all the features I loved about our XT22. Then I made the mistake of going to see it. And driving it.

My initial observations after 2 outings:

The hull is clearly designed for wakeboarding - which we still do - and surfing. Even with 18 bags of lead scattered around our XT22, I never came close to achieving what is the stock Mellow wave in the photos.

FastFill is life changing.

The 6.2 GDI doesn’t look much different than the 6.0 on paper but there is no comparison out on the water.

I liked the combination of the analog screens and the single 7” screen on our XT22 and told everyone “It’s all you really need.” 10 mins of driving with the dual screens and I was hooked.

There is a noticeable difference in bow rise. I had to put 6 bags on the bow floor of the XT22 to achieve the stock ride of the X.

The rear lounge seats are a home run and I came from the flip up rear seats which I told everyone, “It’s all you need.”

Downsides are a serious drop in storage, an obvious trade off to all the extra ballast. And the 2020 low profile trailer I had was way nicer than the stock 2021 trailer.

Side note - The DSP update is significant. On Auto Volume setting 5, the music drops as soon as you let off the throttle to level where you can talk to passengers and the rider and goes right back up when you accelerate. Also, I noticed way more bass out of the tower speakers while surfing.​
                      Your going to love it and you probably already do. On Goofy setting try 45%-5%-0 and 11.2mph if you have someone looking for max push. Also the new DSP and Amp updates available make an extremely good difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        MasterCraft Ranger, love the exterior color selections... Almost twins. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 MC X22.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2716614
                        That is pretty darn close! Looks gorgeous on the lift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post

Your going to love it and you probably already do. On Goofy setting try 45%-5%-0 and 11.2mph if you have someone looking for max push. Also the new DSP and Amp updates available make an extremely good difference.
                          Thanks Tookey. I think you missed my last paragraph. I totally agree with your assessment of the DSP upgrade - very noticeable difference. Will give your Goofy settings a try next weekend. This boat has made me do something I never considered with our XT22 - buy a wetsuit, which I did last night.

Comment

Working...
                          X