Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official X22 Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I had the dual screens on my 2018 XT22, decided to go with the 7" screen this time. For the most part, agree with Tookeymonster. Those added features of the dual screen are just not that compelling.

    I will say, there are some things about the 7" screen that do drive me nuts. With the dual screen, the surf screen has touch buttons for Left & Right, Steep & Mellow. Made swapping waves pretty quick and easy. The 7" screen only supports left and right. Also, I'm finding the profile selection process to be maddeningly bad. Not sure if it is different than the dual screen, or if it is because I have fastfill. Specific issues:

    1. When starting a surf session, does not remember the last surf mode after the ignition is turned off. Always defaults to 'None', and have to go in and select a profile.

    2. Compounding matters, the last surf profile shows as 'Active' already, even though it isn't. I have to 'Activate' a different profile first, then come back to the one I want.

    3. First activation of a profile during the surf session, it first gives me a warning screen about keeping RPMs under 1500 while filling. I select 'Okay', then it makes me go back and select 'Activate' again, rather than just starting to fill.

    As I said, not sure if these are unique to the 7" screen, or fastfill, or combination. But it is the most illogical thing I've ever seen. And as mentioned above, I'd like to be able to modify the standard profiles, as the Left and Right button are tied to those. I thought I remembered being able to modify the standard profiles on the dual screen, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?
    Jerry

    2020 X22
    2018 XT22
    2014 Aqua Patio
    2003 Malibu Response LXi
    2001 Malibu Sunsetter
    1978 Ski Supreme

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
      Funny you asked that. I bought my X22 off a dealer’s showroom so I didn’t have the option to configure anything. It has the 7” screen. I assumed that since I had no frame of reference I wouldn’t care.

      Now that I have 130+ hours on the boat, if I were to configure one from scratch, the ONLY thing I would change is I would upgrade from the 7” screen.

      I find myself CONSTANTLY changing from the wave configuration page to the music page. I mean CONSTANTLY. Again, since I have no other reference I may be naive here, but I’m pretty sure I would have a much better driving experience if both wave config info and audio controls could be accessed simultaneously.

      I hear ya and I was in the same boat until I decided my primary job was to be the DRIVER so I outsourced the music duties to someone else. All I do now is hit the big MUTE button when the rider falls and hit it again when they’re up and going again. “Did you miss part of your favorite song? Too bad, buy your own boat.”


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
        I find myself CONSTANTLY changing from the wave configuration page to the music page. I mean CONSTANTLY. Again, since I have no other reference I may be naive here, but I’m pretty sure I would have a much better driving experience if both wave config info and audio controls could be accessed simultaneously.
        Good point. I hadn't thought about it, but that is a bit of a pain too. Not sure that issue is enough to drive me to plunk down the extra cash for the dual screens. I do like the look of the analog gauges better.
        Jerry

        2020 X22
        2018 XT22
        2014 Aqua Patio
        2003 Malibu Response LXi
        2001 Malibu Sunsetter
        1978 Ski Supreme

        Comment


        • #34
          Well not sure about the 7" screen but sounds similiar to my 4.3" screen about the toggling back and forth.

          Mine only has factory presets, you can adjust them manually but each time you come back to neutral it resets to factory presets. Also if you turn engine off and start back up you have to go in profiles change to a different setting andn then go back to the one you were on. And then it will only show the tabs deploying until you hit the throttle.

          I though the 7" screen was able to save custom profiles?
          2017 XT23

          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

          Comment


          • #35
            Can definitely save custom profiles with the 7" screen. But the Left and Right buttons on the main surf screen are only linked to the standard profiles.
            Jerry

            2020 X22
            2018 XT22
            2014 Aqua Patio
            2003 Malibu Response LXi
            2001 Malibu Sunsetter
            1978 Ski Supreme

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
              I had the dual screens on my 2018 XT22, decided to go with the 7" screen this time. For the most part, agree with Tookeymonster. Those added features of the dual screen are just not that compelling.

              I will say, there are some things about the 7" screen that do drive me nuts. With the dual screen, the surf screen has touch buttons for Left & Right, Steep & Mellow. Made swapping waves pretty quick and easy. The 7" screen only supports left and right. Also, I'm finding the profile selection process to be maddeningly bad. Not sure if it is different than the dual screen, or if it is because I have fastfill. Specific issues:

              1. When starting a surf session, does not remember the last surf mode after the ignition is turned off. Always defaults to 'None', and have to go in and select a profile.

              2. Compounding matters, the last surf profile shows as 'Active' already, even though it isn't. I have to 'Activate' a different profile first, then come back to the one I want.

              3. First activation of a profile during the surf session, it first gives me a warning screen about keeping RPMs under 1500 while filling. I select 'Okay', then it makes me go back and select 'Activate' again, rather than just starting to fill.

              As I said, not sure if these are unique to the 7" screen, or fastfill, or combination. But it is the most illogical thing I've ever seen. And as mentioned above, I'd like to be able to modify the standard profiles, as the Left and Right button are tied to those. I thought I remembered being able to modify the standard profiles on the dual screen, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

              I can definitely concur on #2.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #37
                I don't know who signs off on the user interface design, execution, and testing, but some of this is just really basic. To anybody at MC listening, I'd be happy to provide input on this stuff. Heck, I'd do it for free just to have mine working the way it should...
                Jerry

                2020 X22
                2018 XT22
                2014 Aqua Patio
                2003 Malibu Response LXi
                2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                1978 Ski Supreme

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                  I hear ya and I was in the same boat until I decided my primary job was to be the DRIVER so I outsourced the music duties to someone else. All I do now is hit the big MUTE button when the rider falls and hit it again when they’re up and going again. “Did you miss part of your favorite song? Too bad, buy your own boat.”


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I’m with you. But it’s awfully nice to be able to hit “skip to the next song” when the person to whom the music has been outsourced plays awful stuff. ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                    I hear ya and I was in the same boat until I decided my primary job was to be the DRIVER so I outsourced the music duties to someone else. All I do now is hit the big MUTE button when the rider falls and hit it again when they’re up and going again. “Did you miss part of your favorite song? Too bad, buy your own boat.”


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm deffonatly adding the observer seat stereo control and transom control

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Better make sure you can add that before committing to the 7” screen. I tried to add one and was told it can’t be done. Odd, because I can feel a wiring harness there.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
                        Better make sure you can add that before committing to the 7” screen. I tried to add one and was told it can’t be done. Odd, because I can feel a wiring harness there.

                        I have an Observer and Transom remote with the 7” screen but on an XT.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Official X22 Thread

                          Still available with analogs. Pretty sure Alan would add the observer and transom remotes for you TM.

                          The rest of yooz are slacking on photos.




                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                            I have an Observer and Transom remote with the 7” screen but on an XT.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I have no doubt that you do. All I can tell you is my experience. When I went to the dealer and asked to schedule a time to have the observer remote installed they told me they'd order the parts and schedule it. They got back to me and said they were told they couldn't do it. They (the 3 guys in the dealership) got into a (friendly) argument. Two of the guys were positive it could be done. The 3rd guy is the one who actually called to order the parts and he said, "guys, I'm telling you, on the 2020 X22 it can't be done."

                            We then went to a 2020 X22 that was on the showroom and had such a remote. Clearly they can be installed at the factory. We then went to a 2020 X22 that did NOT have such a remote, but we verified that the wiring harness is there, so we still assumed that it should be possible.

                            Up until that point we were discussing the touchscreen remote like the one in the attached photo.

                            Another call was placed from the parts guy to whomever it is that parts guys call at MC to get clarification. The response was that the boat must have the dual screen system in the dash in order to have the observer touch screen installed.

                            At that point I said, okay, what about simply the basic (pause/play/back/forward) remote. Shockingly the answer was, "that can't be done either". The parts guys in the dealer told me that they could certainly do that, but apparently MC doesn't support it so it would void the warranty on my entire stereo. I decided not to do it.

                            So, back to my original comment. If you are just now deciding on a boat, and you think it will be an X22, and you definitely want an observer remote -- don't commit to the 7" screen until you confirm you can get everything you want.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by TAJX22; 08-15-2020, 12:15 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
                              I have no doubt that you do. All I can tell you is my experience. When I went to the dealer and asked to schedule a time to have the observer remote installed they told me they'd order the parts and schedule it. They got back to me and said they were told they couldn't do it. They (the 3 guys in the dealership) got into a (friendly) argument. Two of the guys were positive it could be done. The 3rd guy is the one who actually called to order the parts and he said, "guys, I'm telling you, on the 2020 X22 it can't be done."

                              We then went to a 2020 X22 that was on the showroom and had such a remote. Clearly they can be installed at the factory. We then went to a 2020 X22 that did NOT have such a remote, but we verified that the wiring harness is there, so we still assumed that it should be possible.

                              Up until that point we were discussing the touchscreen remote like the one in the attached photo.

                              Another call was placed from the parts guy to whomever it is that parts guys call at MC to get clarification. The response was that the boat must have the dual screen system in the dash in order to have the observer touch screen installed.

                              At that point I said, okay, what about simply the basic (pause/play/back/forward) remote. Shockingly the answer was, "that can't be done either". The parts guys in the dealer told me that they could certainly do that, but apparently MC doesn't support it so it would void the warranty on my entire stereo. I decided not to do it.

                              So, back to my original comment. If you are just now deciding on a boat, and you think it will be an X22, and you definitely want an observer remote -- don't commit to the 7" screen until you confirm you can get everything you want.
                              Sorry, did not mean to confuse the conversation. The observer's remote on the XT is a very basic black box with soft touch buttons for play/pause/skip/volume and mounted to fiberglass. Definitely an apples to oranges comparison.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                                Still available with analogs. Pretty sure Alan would add the observer and transom remotes for you TM.

                                The rest of yooz are slacking on photos.




                                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                                They would have to be desperate to sell to get this boat at a price I could convince my wife on the colors. LOL she said who ever ordered that should be suspended of ordering boats. We will be taking this boat out next week so the wife can surf behind it. She also wants the Tan Cool Feel seats.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X