Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAJX22
    replied
    Hey all. I'm finding the goofy wave to have a little lip on the top of it. The regular side wave is much cleaner. Typically we run 600# lead (150 under each stern bag, 100 under each tower mount point, and 100 in bow locker) and we have anywhere from 2 to 6 adults in the boat. Playing with tabs and lead placement enables us to tweak the wave, but the goofy side consistently has a much less cleaner "takeoff" spot when trying to do any sort of jumps. My latest theory is that the starboard side of the swim platform digs into the water and causes the problem. I'm contemplating temporarily removing the platform to run a test. So my questions are (a) does anybody have any experience which leads you to believe that removing the platform would make a difference? (b) how difficult is it to remove the platform? The boat is wet-slipped in 10' of water.

Thanks for any thoughts,

TJ
    Last edited by TAJX22; 08-01-2022, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by tenmile View Post
    I just sent this to Alan at MCFT CO but thought others here might be interested in additional Acme 3289 Feedback:

"I did end up ordering an 18x17.5 prop (Acme 3289) and have put about 10 hours on it. You know our boat setup ('19 X22, 6000GDI, 2:1; 5400' elevation); most of the time we're running 150# of lead in the front, 100% ballast in all tanks including Mid, with 1 to 2 passengers in the boat with one surfing.

It's a noticeable difference from the factory 18x16 but there's plenty of holeshot for that setup. No complaints at all- RPM's dropped to about 3050 at 10.8 and 3200 at 11.4, and fuel consumption seems to be considerably down.

That said, as soon as we go to 6-10 passengers onboard, it's not enough prop and we have to run ballast around 50-60% to maintain performance.

So- great prop if any of your customers are not hauling a lot of crew and want better G6
    PH, but stick with your other recommendations for anyone rolling heavy."

Also, I need to keep tweaking settings and or moving weight, but I am not having a ton of luck with the settings from moose; the wave gets pushier, but a lot washier towards the tail and it's throwing some folks off when they get too far down the wave.
    I'm here in Colorado running the 18x15.5 and love it with the 6.2 motor. I think it is the sweet spot for running at 5,000'-6,000'. We have around 6-8 passengers and run 200 lbs of lead in the bow because everyone like to sit in the back and most like a longer wave.

Leave a comment:

• LBJAL
    replied
    Originally posted by acarro View Post
    I have the 2020 x22. Does anybody have any issues with the depth finder not reading on the main screen? Sometimes it will work then it will not. Most of the time it does not. Also my main screen music does not match what the right screen shows sometimes. I don't know if this is related.
    Ive had a lot of depth finder issues, and the weird not matching music thing as well. My depth finder transducer was replaced. Apparently that was a well known issue. Still didn't work - then the cable between the screens was replaced. I won't see the boat again for a couple weeks, but my dealer says it all works now. I'll let you know.

Leave a comment:

• acarro
    replied
    I have the 2020 x22. Does anybody have any issues with the depth finder not reading on the main screen? Sometimes it will work then it will not. Most of the time it does not. Also my main screen music does not match what the right screen shows sometimes. I don't know if this is related.

Leave a comment:

• tenmile
    replied
    I just sent this to Alan at MCFT CO but thought others here might be interested in additional Acme 3289 Feedback:

"I did end up ordering an 18x17.5 prop (Acme 3289) and have put about 10 hours on it. You know our boat setup ('19 X22, 6000GDI, 2:1; 5400' elevation); most of the time we're running 150# of lead in the front, 100% ballast in all tanks including Mid, with 1 to 2 passengers in the boat with one surfing.

It's a noticeable difference from the factory 18x16 but there's plenty of holeshot for that setup. No complaints at all- RPM's dropped to about 3050 at 10.8 and 3200 at 11.4, and fuel consumption seems to be considerably down.

That said, as soon as we go to 6-10 passengers onboard, it's not enough prop and we have to run ballast around 50-60% to maintain performance.

So- great prop if any of your customers are not hauling a lot of crew and want better GPH, but stick with your other recommendations for anyone rolling heavy."

Also, I need to keep tweaking settings and or moving weight, but I am not having a ton of luck with the settings from moose; the wave gets pushier, but a lot washier towards the tail and it's throwing some folks off when they get too far down the wave.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusP1
    replied
    Settings provided by Moose at the start of this thread, I was expecting a big improvement over the X25 but this still blew me away!!

3 People in the boat. Rider is 6ft 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 22.03.07.png Views:	0 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	2709067 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3664.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	2709068

Leave a comment:

• MarcusP1
    replied

Just received a photo from my dealer, she's landed. Sorry for the crappy quality, only one I've got right now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3606.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	555.7 KB
ID:	2708351

Leave a comment:

• Queentucky
    replied
    Finally got around to swapping out the carpet for Seadek. I used SC Wake as they have the templates for the X22 and the fitment was spot on.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by st24 View Post
    After selling my 2019 X22, back in the biz with a new 2021 X22 in CO.
    Nice! Where do you ride at mostly? We are in Pueblo CO.

Leave a comment:

• Gianfranco
    replied
    Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post

What hitch height did you end up going with? I've got a similar truck (GMC Sierra 1500 AT4) and had to go with an adjustable height hitch. I was suprised how high I ended up needing to set it at just to get the trailer to level out when loaded up to the truck. Great color combo by the way!
    Unfortunately, that’s not my truck, it belongs to the dealer, we met at the lake to do the lake test, he’s a long time friend of mine so I’ll ask for ya!

Leave a comment:

• bbenj10
    replied
    Originally posted by Gianfranco View Post

She's getting tint as we speak!!
    What hitch height did you end up going with? I've got a similar truck (GMC Sierra 1500 AT4) and had to go with an adjustable height hitch. I was suprised how high I ended up needing to set it at just to get the trailer to level out when loaded up to the truck. Great color combo by the way!

Leave a comment:

• Gianfranco
    replied
    Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post

Sic! Tint that windshield!
    She's getting tint as we speak!!

Leave a comment:

• sand2snow22
    replied
    Originally posted by Magoo View Post
    Anybody heard anything about changes to the X boats for 2023 model year?
    They get the XT convertible seat with Seadeck step in the middle of rear seat. Some other cool features I probably shouldn't talk about. It's nice that MC listens to it's customers. Good changes to all canvas.

Leave a comment:

• sand2snow22
    replied
    Originally posted by Gianfranco View Post
    And……. She finally made it!!
    Sic! Tint that windshield!

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    Anybody heard anything about changes to the X boats for 2023 model year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X