Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southtown Watersports No Longer Selling MC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know why so many of Mastercrafts largest dealers lost the brand in 2021? It sounds more like a change in how MC was operating when you see this many large dealerships change all in one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Miljack View Post
      Carolina Watersports just announced that they will be carrying Mastercraft...***??
      Looks like CWS dropped Centurion, so maybe this move makes a little more sense now.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
        Does anyone know why so many of Mastercrafts largest dealers lost the brand in 2021? It sounds more like a change in how MC was operating when you see this many large dealerships change all in one year.
        I can't speak for other areas but for Charlotte, I've heard a slew of rumors.

Among them...

1. MC became a real pain to work with over the years so CSB started bringing in additional brands to continue growth.
        2. MC got a ton of complaints about CSB staff, particularly one high up in sales, and that it was having an impact on their brand reputation. Thats what opened the door for Southtown / CMC.
        3. CSB was not meeting numbers and thats why another dealer was allowed to open in the area.

Southtown / CMC never went all in on MC. It always felt like a side hustle to the main shop. Their little crap shop down off I85 was destined to fail. I'm guessing MC didn't want MC/Supra/Moomba/Malibu all under the same roof. I think they still had Malibu at that time, but definitely Supra/Moomba.

If #2 is right, then the same will happen at CWS. Owners son is a total DB. Heard this from several MC owners around this area.

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelMC View Post
          Southtown / CMC never went all in on MC. It always felt like a side hustle to the main shop.
          In the Augusta location, MC was like the step child they didn't want around. I pretty much had to beg for information on the MC boats when I was looking to move into an X22. It was so bad that I ended up going to the sales manager in Charlotte because the Augusta guys wouldn't respond to me. They tried everyway possible to get me into a Supra. I know MC was new to them, but they had zero knowledge of the boats in terms of features and functions.

Comment

Working...
          X