Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LostDriver669
    replied
    Easy to check, just see if they fill when you empty. If they do, then they need to be swapped.

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by jameslyle View Post
    I did spin the head 180 degrees.. and the hoses are on the original sides.. so I need to swap them?? I thought that was the purpose of spinning the heads 180?
    If you did this, it should work. You should not have to prime the pumps. What shape are your impellers in?

Leave a comment:

• jameslyle
    replied
    I did spin the head 180 degrees.. and the hoses are on the original sides.. so I need to swap them?? I thought that was the purpose of spinning the heads 180?

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    You likely swapped inlet and outlet, so now the pumps are running in "reverse" so to speak. Easy way to do this it reverse the polarity of the wires to each pump.

Leave a comment:

• GiantDO@X35
    replied
    Also, I always have engine on at 1500 rpm as recommended for best performance and so you don’t run your batteries out!

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    Originally posted by jameslyle View Post
    Hey guys, I just flipped my ballast pumps over, so that the motor was on top. We went out yesterday, and it seemed to be having a hard time priming. Is there something I need to be doing differently? Does the engine need to be on for some reason? Before I flipped them over, I never had to keep it running. Thanks for the help
    No, you don't have to prime them. Did you hook it up backwards? If you rotated it 180 degrees, but hooked the pipes up on the same side, then you reversed the flow. Then it'll be draining when you think you're filling and vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• jameslyle
    started a topic Do you need to prime ballast pumps?

Do you need to prime ballast pumps?

Hey guys, I just flipped my ballast pumps over, so that the motor was on top. We went out yesterday, and it seemed to be having a hard time priming. Is there something I need to be doing differently? Does the engine need to be on for some reason? Before I flipped them over, I never had to keep it running. Thanks for the help
Working...
X