X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveO
    replied
    Originally posted by XC500mod View Post
    steve is your boat Corsair blue? i have not seen corsair blue in real life yet. every boat around me (including mine) is jet stream blue.
    It is Navy blue and silver flake. The boat in the background is black and navy flake. I almost went corsair, but was afraid it might look too purple.

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    1/2” is plenty and if you wanted extra room you could go 3/4” but I definitely wouldn’t want 1” spacer.

As far as carriage bolt idea I’ve seen it done from the top of mat but that looks terrible to me. If you peel the mat and put bolts under it you will still feel the crowns. You can reuse the mat just get some contact cement to put it down again. Be careful on removal to not rip the mat when pulling it off or stretching it too much

Leave a comment:

• EarlyriserX9
    replied
    Hdpe

Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post

I have the garelick 19643 ladder installed on my XT22. My platform didn’t have the stringers glassed into it so we thru bolted it. You can just put screws in from the bottom on teak but not glass platforms. The glass is only 1/4 thick and center is foam. That’s why the glass platforms have the stringers to screw into. We cut some 1/2” hdpe for the ladder runners to clear the platform drain area and enough room to operate the push pull design ladder. Countersunk the bolts and 5200 on them to seal holes from top and bottom. Tighten it down with some lock nuts and been using it all summer. No it does not touch the surf wave or even the water for that matter when surfing. The corner of platform does but not the center.
    I'm getting ready to my install and need to buy some HDPE. You mention you used 1/2" HDPE - was 1/2" thick enough or did you have to stack two pieces? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Upnorth07
    replied
    Thanks for everyone posting their pics and solutions, much appreciated!

In my case, I'd have to through bolt it from top side to bottom. Problem is, I don't want to remove my Seadeck and then replace it to do so.

I'm going to table this thought and plan on revisit this winter. I may end up having to carefully remove a small piece of Seadeck where the bolt head would go (like a carriage bolt head so it is smooth) and do it that way.

Leave a comment:

• etduc
    replied
    As been mentioned, if your fiberglass platform, was not reinforced...from factory for the ladder. You would have use bolt and nuts, thru the platform with mounting plates. (as previously pictured) I wouldn't trust screws, anyway...especially with heavy weight persons.

We use a beginner ski rope handle, in a pinch. Usually, someone assisting from the swim platform.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by etduc; 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LBJAL
    replied
    Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    MCOR and LBJAL, your X22s have under platform ladders from the factory? Can you take a couple of pics of them and how they are mounted for us?

Any idea who the manufacturer is and model number?
    Sure. Won’t be back on my boat for a couple weeks, but will do it then.

Leave a comment:

• XC500mod
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    I added the Garelick one to my XT22 with a teak platform and it is great and with 700 LBS of lead and upgraded sacs, it does not interfere w the wave. Sorry I don't have a better pic.
    steve is your boat Corsair blue? i have not seen corsair blue in real life yet. every boat around me (including mine) is jet stream blue.

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    I had the hard rubber mats. It was tough but not impossible. Then put down sea dek. If you have sea dek it’s easy to peel up but need a new piece to go back down.

Leave a comment:

• mastercraftka
    replied
    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post

I have the garelick 19643 ladder installed on my XT22. My platform didn’t have the stringers glassed into it so we thru bolted it. You can just put screws in from the bottom on teak but not glass platforms. The glass is only 1/4 thick and center is foam. That’s why the glass platforms have the stringers to screw into. We cut some 1/2” hdpe for the ladder runners to clear the platform drain area and enough room to operate the push pull design ladder. Countersunk the bolts and 5200 on them to seal holes from top and bottom. Tighten it down with some lock nuts and been using it all summer. No it does not touch the surf wave or even the water for that matter when surfing. The corner of platform does but not the center.
    HOw hard was it to get the sea dek off and then back on properly?

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    And it does not seem to impact your surf wave (I realize our boats are different)?
    It doesn't seem to affect the wave.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    I added the Garelick one to my XT22 with a teak platform and it is great and with 700 LBS of lead and upgraded sacs, it does not interfere w the wave. Sorry I don't have a better pic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cyoder1
    replied
    I have the factory option ladder on my '19 Star. It is great to have as some smaller kids as well as my parents have a hard time crawling onto the platform.

As far as the ladder affecting the surf wave I don't notice a difference. I had an '18 Star without the ladder. Even if it did affect the wave a bit I feel that the benefits outweigh the downsides. More people get to enjoy the boat and the water with the ladder. That's a win in my book.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Upnorth07
    replied
    Originally posted by MCOR View Post
    The platform has built-in reinforced stringers where the ladder is mounted. It is a Garelick product, but don’t know the exact model as it’s not on the ladder. It does look like model 19643 that you’ve pointed out. Here are the pics.

[ATTACH]198968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198970[/ATTACH]
    Wow, thank you for the pics! I assumed MC would use Garelick and lucky you have reinforcement on the bottom of your platform.

And it does not seem to impact your surf wave (I realize our boats are different)?

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    MCOR and LBJAL, your X22s have under platform ladders from the factory? Can you take a couple of pics of them and how they are mounted for us?

Any idea who the manufacturer is and model number?
    The platform has built-in reinforced stringers where the ladder is mounted. It is a Garelick product, but don’t know the exact model as it’s not on the ladder. It does look like model 19643 that you’ve pointed out. Here are the pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4D449AA-C337-4CEA-A852-9202E20C2041.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	2406272

Name:	368DFDA5-24C8-469F-BD3A-3A3567E0C58A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2406273

Name:	CE85083E-D2FD-4C2C-A3BE-8E270C4F55F2.jpg