Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Prostar 190 - Gray gel stripe. Rare/Not real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Prostar 190 - Gray gel stripe. Rare/Not real?

Hi all,

Looking into a 1987 Prostar 190 for ~$6k. The big hull stripe is gray with a black accent line. Is this a real Mastercraft color for that vintage, or am I looking at paint/wrap? If it's rare, I'm willing to forgive a few mechanical sins.

What do you all think?

EDIT: It's real, and not rare. I think it's the Light Gray, available from 84-89. Dark Gray was only available for one year, and not this one. From this thread, in case anyone else is looking for similar info:
    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//showthread.php?t=1113

Thanks
    -John
    Last edited by tangodelta313; 08-26-2020, 11:53 AM.

My previous 1987 MC was this color. The top and bottom gel coat was the medium/light gray. Mine had a black larger stripe and a smaller red stripe that edged with the back stripe. Loved the colors but traded because I wanted EFI.

Comment

It was not painted or wrapped

Comment

Originally posted by tangodelta313 View Post
        Hi all,

Looking into a 1987 Prostar 190 for ~$6k. The big hull stripe is gray with a black accent line. Is this a real Mastercraft color for that vintage, or am I looking at paint/wrap? If it's rare, I'm willing to forgive a few mechanical sins.

What do you all think?

EDIT: It's real, and not rare. I think it's the Light Gray, available from 84-89. Dark Gray was only available for one year, and not this one. From this thread, in case anyone else is looking for similar info:
        https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//showthread.php?t=1113

Thanks
        -John
        Legitimate gel color scheme.

But I will say this...often when a boat gets painted >> SPIT<<, the painter typically paints the exterior and the matching inside color. They seldom go in under. Remove the back seat (quick and easy) and the fuel cell cover panel. Look inside that area on the underside of the deck/hull for color discrepancies (if any).

US$0.02

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

Working...
        X