1999 MASTERCRAFT 230VRS PARTOUT questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 MASTERCRAFT 230VRS PARTOUT questions

As of right now i am debating on parting out my 1999 mastercraft 230vrs. i was hoping some of you can give me an idea of what the drivetrain and other parts are worth. it has 780 hrs and has i believe the indimar 350 v-drive. everything works as it should. i also would like some help with the value of the trailer. it is a mastercraft tandom trailer with brakes and folding tongue. thanks in advance. i cannot get a title but willing to sell whole if the price is right. will post pictures later
    Last edited by Jim haboush; 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM.

I am interested in some parts. do you have any photos?
    1999 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

What’s wrong with the boat? How complete? I’d be interested in the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Jim haboush View Post
        As of right now i am debating on parting out my 1999 mastercraft 230vrs. i was hoping some of you can give me an idea of what the drivetrain and other parts are worth. it has 780 hrs and has i believe the indimar 350 v-drive. everything works as it should. i also would like some help with the value of the trailer. it is a mastercraft tandom trailer with brakes and folding tongue. thanks in advance. i cannot get a title but willing to sell whole if the price is right. will post pictures later
        I will say this; take it or leave it: parting out a boat is a lot of work. Read that again.

Let's say your Excel sheet says you should get $4,500 in parts and are stuck with a hull. I am making up these numbers so do not go by anything I say for dollar value. If you can get $2,500 - $3,000 as a one-piece sale, take it. The difference is not worth the time and labor of disassembly, haggling with people, packing, and shipping, even if the buyer pays shipping.

Your call and maybe this is fun for you. Just something I have learned after parting several over the years.

US$0.02

93 190
        John 14:6
        2 Peter 1:3–8
        Matthew 6:1-4

Comment

Purely my WAG:

The trailer is probably worth $500 - $2K, depending on condition and/or availability of a title.

If the engine runs well and isn't the problem, it's probably worth $750-$1K, more if you bundle it with the ECU.

The transmission, I don't have a good idea on price. Very seldom does anyone report an issue with them so there likely isn't much demand.

Gauges might get you $100-$200. I don't remember if the 1999's had moved to Medallion gauges; if so, and yours work, you might be able to get more. If so and yours don't work, they're worth $0. If they're analog gauges, they're probably not worth much, although you may find someone with a dead gauge who needs a matching replacement.

Cushions probably aren't worth much unless they've been recovered; if they haven't, they're 20 years old and will need to be.

Prop can be worth $100-$200, if it's in good shape. Propshaft might be worth the same if it's in good shape, but will take a while to sell. Strut is similar.

If your fuel pump is in the tank, and works, it's probably worth $100-$200. If it's external like mine, probably $25.

Things like the windshield glass pieces are occasionally sellable. If someone needs one, there's no option other than finding someone parting out their boat, so the price is wildly variable depending on how desperate the buyer is, and how intransigent the seller is.

Other bits and pieces (steering wheel, swim deck, sun deck actuator) can be sold, but you may find it difficult finding someone who needs one right now.

Good luck. If you decide to part it out, I might be interested in a couple hundred bucks worth of parts.
          1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

I have a '99 230VRS and am certainly in the market for the original non medallion guages, and interior seat panels.
            Also interested the hatch actuator, and the platform for the right price....

That being said, I'd bet its worth more together than parted out.

Comment

Ditto on thinking through "what do you do with the rest"? Because you might actually have to pay to get rid of the hull/non-sold parts, effectively negating your gains from the part-out. However, if you want to proceed, you might start on this forum and take detailed pics of the boat and let people start picking and choosing what they want.

Comment

Definitely post up some pictures. Would be interested in seeing whole boat as well.
                99 MariStar 230 Sport LTR 330

Comment

I have a 2001 X-30 (230VRS with tower etc.) and it is worth over 25k. Are you sure you can't spend some bills on repairs so you can sell the entire boat?

Comment

Working...
                  X