Lake Temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Temps?

Man the lake temps are tumbling. Went out last night (SW Michigan) with my girls and the lake was down to a crisp 65 degrees… I swear it was near 80 only 2 weeks ago. I was the only one of us to surf & slalom, while the others were all quite content just cruisin’ in their sweatshirts.

These cold nights and cool days are really taking their toll.

I know we’re nearing October, but I just can’t let it go. So… let’s just say I hooked up and headed south this weekend, how far do I need to go before I find warm enough water to get 'em all back in again?

If you head down to Austin, you can be freezing cold all year 'round in Lake Austin. Seems like it always feels like 68 degrees up near Mansfield Dam haha. But depending on where in the Midwest, eecyclone might be able to weigh in on Lake of the Ozarks or another lake around him.
    Tim
    2021 Lone Star MasterBash
    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
    1995 MC ProStar 205
    ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

71 degree water in SE Michigan yesterday.

Is that warm enough?

Comment

Air temps are supposed to be one 40s here this weekend. Water temps will drop quick at that point.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had 74 degrees Sunday in Pueblo Colorado and Friday up around Denver was 68 water temps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
            We had 74 degrees Sunday in Pueblo Colorado and Friday up around Denver was 68 water temps.
            That's pretty impressive, especially after the snow from a week ago
            2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
            2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
            Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
            Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Berlin Lake in Ohio is 72 right now down to about 6'. 40 degree nights coming up so the heat is going to get sucked right out of the lake in a hurry.

Comment

It is weird this summer. Our lake is usually a puddle of piss late August but it has been comfortable all year. We will see next weekend.

Comment

Roosevelt Lake, AZ last weekend

88 air
                  82 water

Which of course caused my wife to put on her long sleeve top for the ride back to the marina. And ask me to close the center windshield...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post

88 air
                    82 water

Which of course caused my wife to put on her long sleeve top for the ride back to the marina. And ask me to close the center windshield...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Must be terrible. Hahaha.

I'm good well below 65 if I have to, just a bummer when they won't get outa' the boat and play too... and I'm not willing to give it up. I guess I should be happy with the fact that they still enjoy a good boat ride, and the Misses will still pull me all I want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't check water this AM on dawn patrol but air was 48deg and there wasn't steam coming off.

But it was glassy!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                      Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

My wife, the couple we go skiing with, and another friend who has his own crew all decided that Sunday was too cold; looks like I talked most of them in to one more Sunday, then we're calling it for the season.

Running at Bartlett and Saguaro lakes outside Phoenix, both probably a couple degrees warmer than Mastercraft Ranger's numbers. All I have to say is...Wimps!
                        1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post

88 air

Which of course caused my wife to put on her long sleeve top for the ride back to the marina.
                          Terrible. That's getting near the temp where we won't go outside.

Comment

Tablerock on Sunday was 83 water. 80's air
                            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Old Hickory Lake in TN - 71 this week near the dam....stupid cold up river due to the rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X