Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTM Edge Mirror Loose

Hey gang,

My VR-140 mirror is loose, but not in the typical area. See the attached picture.

It appears the molded semi-circle which tightens against the windshield mount is loose from the mirror mold itself.

Anyone else had this problem? Do I need to remove the mirror to access how the mold mounts to the mirror mold?

Again...this is not solved by simply tightening the screw to the mirror mount. This has to do with the mold attaching to the mirror back itself.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kyfooter View Post
    Hey gang,

My VR-140 mirror is loose, but not in the typical area. See the attached picture.

It appears the molded semi-circle which tightens against the windshield mount is loose from the mirror mold itself.

Anyone else had this problem? Do I need to remove the mirror to access how the mold mounts to the mirror mold?

Again...this is not solved by simply tightening the screw to the mirror mount. This has to do with the mold attaching to the mirror back itself.
    I have a VR-140 and some billet mount originally intended for a Malibu that I purchased used about a week ago. This is a different situation, but on this particular mount, a knob tightens the fold up and fold down actuation. This was pretty sloppy when in the up position when I first used it, but after sending an email asking about a 'rebuild', they simply asked for a return address to put on a UPS label and told me to just send it in. I'm guessing you might expect a similar treatment. Good luck, worth a shot for sure. They seem to have pretty good customer service.

Comment

Contact PTM, they can likely help you out. I had an issue with a bracket and they mailed me a new one, no charge and I sent in my old one using a label they provided. Great customer service!

Comment

I agree, PTM has some great customer service. I had an issue with my mirror and they sent out replacement parts the next day.
        '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
        '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
        www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

yes, call PTM. they did the same for me....sent me all new parts.

Comment

In case anyone wants to know, the mirror is plastic and is held to the mold by double sided tape. You can remove the mirror and inside is indeed 4 screws holding the mounting knob to the mirror mold. Looks like there was no lock washers or lock-tite and mine eventually came loose.

PTM is sending me new mirror “glass”.

Comment

Working...
            X