Finally a cabin owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    Congrats! Is your cabin in the Brainerd/Nisswa area?
    Nope, right off the 494 outerbelt in the NE corner of the Twin Cities. Close enough to all stuff the TC has to offer, yet we are kind of out in farmland and developments on 1.5-10 acres. Just about the perfect location. The house could be an amazing family VRBO if fixed up a bit. Mom bops off to the Mall of America to go shopping all day while dad stays at the cabin with the kiddies and plays in the water. They rent my jet ski from me (for an added fee) and they play in the water having fun. Later in the afternoon mom comes home and they "rent" my mastercraft (with me as a driver, natch) and I take them out and teach the kids to waterski and wakeboard. The family, so exhausted from their day of activities orders food delivery so mom does not have to cook. They retire to bed exhaused and ready for another day.

Comment

Congrats... !!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Looks awesome! Sounds like you just created another income stream

Comment

Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
          You'll have to get in line behind all my foiling friends that suddenly are planning my entire summer.

Awesome....Upnorth07 and I will be over on Wednesdays and Fridays. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by osmonet View Post
            Awesome....Upnorth07 and I will be over on Wednesdays and Fridays. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I used to host "Foil Fridays" and we moved around to various lakes but now it looks like Foil Friday will have a permanent home.

Comment

Nope, right off the 494 outerbelt in the NE corner of the Twin Cities. Close enough to all stuff the TC has to offer, yet we are kind of out in farmland and developments on 1.5-10 acres. Just about the perfect location. The house could be an amazing family VRBO if fixed up a bit. Mom bops off to the Mall of America to go shopping all day while dad stays at the cabin with the kiddies and plays in the water. They rent my jet ski from me (for an added fee) and they play in the water having fun. Later in the afternoon mom comes home and they "rent" my mastercraft (with me as a driver, natch) and I take them out and teach the kids to waterski and wakeboard. The family, so exhausted from their day of activities orders food delivery so mom does not have to cook. They retire to bed exhaused and ready for another day.
              Can I reserve July 4 week 2021?
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Congrats! Is your cabin in the Brainerd/Nisswa area?
                Yes - my cabin is actually in Crosslake, near Pequot Lakes.

(sorry to H20 - not trying to hijack, and PM's aren't working).

Comment

Originally posted by Eckie View Post

Man that is a drive! I'll think of you when I am walking to my cabin.

Comment

Whitefish chain is beautiful!

We're on the Gull Lake Chain in Nisswa.
                    Former: 2007 X15

Comment

H20Ridr, did you post up some videos of your foil crew awhile back on Demontreville/Jane? Maybe I just found them on the YouTube? Sounds familiar.

Congrats! Perfect spot...
                      1985 Skier (long gone but remembered forever)
                      2017 XT23 (sold)
                      2018 G21 (sold)
                      2021 SANTE 210
                      ...and a Whaler 150 Super Sport!

Comment

That's not too far. Matter of fact you really haven't got away from the traffic yet.

We looked at places near our home but ended up 2.5 hours away. We like it. No pop-ins, no one you know, no temptation to run home quick for something, etc.

Comment

HA -- I'm definitely jealous of your 'drive' time vs. mine!!

Comment

Whitefish chain is beautiful!

We're on the Gull Lake Chain in Nisswa.
                            Thanks - we absolutely love it up there.

Comment

Originally posted by jthom22 View Post
                              H20Ridr, did you post up some videos of your foil crew awhile back on Demontreville/Jane? Maybe I just found them on the YouTube? Sounds familiar.

Congrats! Perfect spot...
                              That's us. They are under B Duerr

Comment

Funny add on to the story: Realtor wanted to put a for sale sign on the property after we closed just to point some business his way and let people he was the one that helped us with the private sale. Well the sign guy put the sign up but did not put a SOLD sign on it at the same time. So it sat all day yesterday looking like it was up for sale. Neighbors called me all day wondering what happened, people stopped and walked all around the property all the while talking with others on cell phones and the realtor's phone blew up. He rushed out to get the sold sign up this morning at 6 am because as he said "there were some REALLY angry people when they found out the place was really not for sale."

Comment

Working...
                                X