Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Surf Boat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Super Surf Boat

    Stumbled across this...

    https://www.ridegigawave.com/

    https://www.mby.com/gear/toy-of-the-...ng-wave-111702

  • #2
    This is really cool.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

    "Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

    Comment


    • #3
      If that ever comes to pass, it will likely kill wake surfing. There are already calls all over the country to ban surfing with the boats out there now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ATLX30 View Post
        If that ever comes to pass, it will likely kill wake surfing. There are already calls all over the country to ban surfing with the boats out there now.
        If it ends up not being vaporware, that is. But I'd say at that point there'd be very good reasons to just straight up ban it due to the damage this thing would do on most lakes...

        Surfing's for the ocean
        Tim
        2021 Lone Star MasterBash
        Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
        1995 MC ProStar 205
        ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

        Comment


        • #5
          People are already Yacht Surfing for years.... That MC300 rebuild on here is legendary by the way. I have seen people behind 60' Yachts.

          As for banning surf boats they would have to ban any cabin curser over 30+ feet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
            People are already Yacht Surfing for years.... That MC300 rebuild on here is legendary by the way. I have seen people behind 60' Yachts.

            As for banning surf boats they would have to ban any cabin curser over 30+ feet.
            Plenty of lakes/reservoirs ban tubing and jetskiing activities. They'd just need to tack on one more.

            You're right about the the bodies of water that can accommodate 60-footers, but a 35' isn't that crazy for a lot of lakes. Though I'll admit we'd never see one on Lake Austin
            Tim
            2021 Lone Star MasterBash
            Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
            1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
            1995 MC ProStar 205
            ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
              Plenty of lakes/reservoirs ban tubing and jetskiing activities. They'd just need to tack on one more.

              You're right about the the bodies of water that can accommodate 60-footers, but a 35' isn't that crazy for a lot of lakes. Though I'll admit we'd never see one on Lake Austin
              We had someone move from NY an put a giant 50+ footer on our small 5,400 acer reservoir that it can only use probably 1/2 of that LOL. They just cruse and park in the 3 party coves one is only usable for the 1st half of the season before it gets too shallow. We also have a few 40'ers on our Res and when they all come out its worse than all the surf boats out at the same time.

              But we all share the water and deal with what ever conditions we get.

              Comment


              • #8
                god not more posts on this thing...

                Comment


                • #9
                  FALSE! Every picture is a really poor and very obvious photo shop.

                  Sincerely, Independent Fact Checker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No mention of battery size, but the press release says can charge with 2 240V/50A ports in 6 hours, which is 144kWh. that's about 150% of what is in the Tesla model S, don't think that'll push an 8000 lb 35 foot boat for more than an hour or two.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This thing will never materialize.
                      We defy the mafia!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just think of all the law suits lakeshore homeowners would bring against the owner of this boat for all the shoreline damage it would cause. Not to mention other recreational boaters who would be capsized by the wake.
                        NEW BOAT:2004 197TT

                        PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by starman205 View Post
                          Just think of all the law suits lakeshore homeowners would bring against the owner of this boat for all the shoreline damage it would cause. Not to mention other recreational boaters who would be capsized by the wake.
                          Exactly... I've done my best to ignore the few posts about this "concept boat", but I can't not agree.

                          Wakesurfing is already under a microscope in too many areas... this boat in particular isn't real, but at some point, we should collectively probably wise-up and accept what we have or we won't have any....

                          Truly large lakes are different, but I can already see the writing on the wall for the normal lakes around me.

                          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X