jbmccul's New X15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    Great looking boat, love the color combo!

Did MCTX give you an extended warranty with it being a 2012? Does it have the touch screen?
    It’s got a touch screen. TXMC replaced the screen** when they got their hands on the boat, and there is a warranty on the screen.
    Last edited by MC25; 11-01-2020, 11:09 PM.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      It’s got a touch screen. TXMC replaced the warranty when they got their hands on the boat, and there is a warranty on the screen.
      Yep, touch screen just replaced. Dealer advised against doing an extended warranty based on the upgrades done to the boat.
      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Well done!! She's a beaut!

Comment

Very nice! Love the colors!

Is that the original trailer? The trailer looks awesome too!

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
            Very nice! Love the colors!

Is that the original trailer? The trailer looks awesome too!
            It's from an X22. Boat didn't come with a trailer so had to get one ordered.

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

very nice!!! congrats

Comment

Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                very nice!!! congrats
                Thanks Marcus! Looking forward to getting back to town to take delivery and get it out on the water

Comment

Don't mean to threadjack but as you've just went through this for your X15 thought I'd ask. I'm looking at a 2012 X30 with 278 hours that was serviced and traded in at the original/servicing dealer. It has the large screen and has no service issues with it and seems to be a good deal. Lake test is this Saturday. Any known signs to look for and what update/software version should it have?

Comment

Originally posted by armerjr View Post
                    Don't mean to threadjack but as you've just went through this for your X15 thought I'd ask. I'm looking at a 2012 X30 with 278 hours that was serviced and traded in at the original/servicing dealer. It has the large screen and has no service issues with it and seems to be a good deal. Lake test is this Saturday. Any known signs to look for and what update/software version should it have?
                    I had issues on my test drive with the PerfectPass holdin speed. Apparently, since my boat had the screen replaced everything was reset to factory settings. You may have to make some adjustments to have the PP hold at wakeboard speed, which I expect to do. Otherwise, while the screen is not as advanced as the 14+ screens I would have no qualms especially at the price mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by armerjr View Post
                      Most 2012's are probably ok. I have a close friend who is "in the know" and he said don't ever buy a 2012. There is an inherent risk there. (pm me if you want more info)
                      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                        Most 2012's are probably ok. I have a close friend who is "in the know" and he said don't ever buy a 2012. There is an inherent risk there. (pm me if you want more info)

The PP just needs some adjustment.

I have the settings I use on my PP, but it depends on your boat, the load including ballast and passengers and cargo, and prop. You have to put in the rpms for different speeds and get a better experience.

They have phenomenal wakeboarding wakes out of the box. They like to be listed to the side of surfing with extra ballast (I go for 2700lbs in mine-need less in an X-15)

2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor PowerTower

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I have the settings I use on my PP, but it depends on your boat, the load including ballast and passengers and cargo, and prop. You have to put in the rpms for different speeds and get a better experience.

They have phenomenal wakeboarding wakes out of the box. They like to be listed to the side of surfing with extra ballast (I go for 2700lbs in mine-need less in an X-15)

I wasn't referring to PP. And I'm a big fan of the X15. I've just been warned about the 2012 electronics. Unless a black and silver 2012 X14 comes up for sale, I'm out.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Yeah, with the screen being replaced I need to go in and adjust the settings on the PP. It has about a 7mph swing currently when trying to run at wakeboard speed right now. If you have those settings feel free to send them over. It'll at least give me a starting point.

Comment

NautiLogic makes a GPS conversion kit for most paddle wheel cruise systems. You mount the GPS receiver and then tie into the AirGuide paddle wheel plug sending Perfect Pass a much more consistent signal.

Gorgeous boat BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                                NautiLogic makes a GPS conversion kit for most paddle wheel cruise systems. You mount the GPS receiver and then tie into the AirGuide paddle wheel plug sending Perfect Pass a much more consistent signal.

Gorgeous boat BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                This is awesome info, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X