No announcement yet.

jbmccul's New X15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other thing I do: I have the cruise set for 10-11 mph for surfing and then I use RPM for cruising the lake - much smoother in my experience (with this BIG screen/software)

2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor PowerTower

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      The other thing I do: I have the cruise set for 10-11 mph for surfing and then I use RPM for cruising the lake - much smoother in my experience (with this BIG screen/software)

I may try the RPM cruise today, I know our boats are different but what are you running, just for a baseline/starting point
      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
        I may try the RPM cruise today, I know our boats are different but what are you running, just for a baseline/starting point

Lots of cruising and finding the planing point of the boat will help you find your ideal rpm. Mine efficiently cruises at 26mph @3600rpm with the whole crew and cargo.
        I need 4000rpm for 30mph and I don’t usually go faster than that unless taking evasive maneuvers [emoji57]

Comment

• I replaced my paddle wheel with this on my 08. Amazing upgrade. Wold it work in your ‘12?

https://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr_2021_packages.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the issue with this is the screen was just replaced so all of the settings for the boat were reset. Aric played with the kdw for hours and we have the surf speed dialed in but the paddlewheel makes it want to surge at speed.
            I have the paddlewheel and haven't had any issues since I first bought the boat. I think your settings still need fine tuned.

You don't have a really high pitched prop, do you?
            2006 MasterCraft XStar
            2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
            2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

• Originally posted by BudmanV24 View Post
              I have the paddlewheel and haven't had any issues since I first bought the boat. I think your settings still need fine tuned.

You don't have a really high pitched prop, do you?
              I honestly don’t know what pitch prop is on the boat. It came with it when I bought it. I does take forever to get on plane, especially with people in the boat.

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

I honestly don’t know what pitch prop is on the boat. It came with it when I bought it. I does take forever to get on plane, especially with people in the boat.

Mine came with a low pitched prop (14.75 diameter x 13 pitch) which would pull stumps if needed (great for full ballast) but had a hard time cruising with. I switched it out to the original factory spec (15.5 pitch) and it does take a bit more effort with full ballast, but cruises great. Probably ideally would split the difference if I wanted to throw another $500 down, but I’m good [emoji846].

Comment

Do you have the attitude plate? Auto launch would help with getting on plane. It makes a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
                    Do you have the attitude plate? Auto launch would help with getting on plane. It makes a big difference.

No attitude plate on this one, but we are looking at adding GSA which should give us the capabilities of auto launch I believe.

Comment

No attitude plate on this one, but we are looking at adding GSA which should give us the capabilities of auto launch I believe.
                      GSA gives you manual autolaunch deploy with automic GPS retraction if you use their controller. Guess if the big screen had gen1 autolaunch, you should get it too even without the gsa controller.

When I first got my boat we were running over 4k lbs of ballast plus ppl, and the pp struggled a lot with the stock 13.7x17 prop. Switching to a 15x13 made all the difference in the world. You probably don't need that aggressive, but a pitch in the 14s would probably help a lot.
                      2006 MasterCraft XStar
                      2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                      2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

• Originally posted by BudmanV24 View Post
                        GSA gives you manual autolaunch deploy with automic GPS retraction if you use their controller. Guess if the big screen had gen1 autolaunch, you should get it too even without the gsa controller.

When I first got my boat we were running over 4k lbs of ballast plus ppl, and the pp struggled a lot with the stock 13.7x17 prop. Switching to a 15x13 made all the difference in the world. You probably don't need that aggressive, but a pitch in the 14s would probably help a lot.
                        Good call on the prop pitch. I'll crawl under there and see what it has on it now. Also, even though my boat doesn't have Gen 1, there are tab setting in the cruise control so I should be able to control all the GSA stuff off the main screen.

Comment

• 2012s used a separate CAN slave module to control plug'n'play ballast and surf tabs. I'm guessing that your screen just sends a CAN signal out when trying to control surf tabs.

Comment

Working...
                          X