Nxt 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt 20

So with my old direct drive boat getting older and my grand kids getting bigger I was thinking that this is the year to order a v-drive boat. I have been looking at the NXT for the last few years and this year I designed one and got my quote back from the local dealer. One of my questions is how is it ski behind? I know it wont have the wake of a ski tug but is it good enough for some open water aggressive cutting? And is there any options that you regret not ordering or on the other hand options that you ordered and that you never use? Is the price that the dealer gives you with the different discounts is that the price? or can you negotiate further?

I’m pretty sure there is an “Official NXT Thread” here that can answer most of your questions.

Regarding price negotiations, we are living in a world where the phrase “Normally...” has no meaning. Covid has set the boating market on fire and production lines seem to be operating at capacity so the laws of supply and demand are clearly visible.

Option-wise, CoolFeel upholstery is the real deal. Since you mentioned grandkids, I would put a bow filler cushion and the reversible flip seat as must-haves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re keeping the ski tug though, right?

Comment

I have a 2015 of course hull changed in 2020 but open water skiing is just fine. Will it be as good as a ski tug. No will you still have fun and get a little air going over the wake yes!

I second cool feel its the real deal and worth the cost

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Something else you might consider is the XT21. Possibly both a better ski and surf wake from what I have read. The XT21 (formerly X10) is the sleeper of the MC line up.
          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Moose, my ski buddy across the lake has a non-mastercraft ski tug that will be used to fill the need for the course.

Ranger I have read the nxt thread before but now I cant seem to find it again and thanks for the bow filler idea.

Comment

^Nice. Then your only dilemma is new NXT20, or gently used Gen2 X10/X2/XT21. All these ski well recreational open water including reasonably aggresive cuts, but they also require stacked discipline across the wakes to avoid OTF ragdolls. Good problem Gramps. Enjoy the hunt.

While we have and enjoy the CF, I’ll point out it is not as durable as the Odessa, and perhaps not as important in your climate. YMMV.

Comment

I'd be looking very hard at a used X10/XT21.
                2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                  ^Nice. Then your only dilemma is new NXT20, or gently used Gen2 X10/X2/XT21. All these ski well recreational open water including reasonably aggresive cuts, but they also require stacked discipline across the wakes to avoid OTF ragdolls. Good problem Gramps. Enjoy the hunt.

While we have and enjoy the CF, I’ll point out it is not as durable as the Odessa, and perhaps not as important in your climate. YMMV.

Good point on the necessity aspect of CoolFeel and geography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone find the official NXT thread?

Comment

I stumbled across this video of the ski wake a while back, it is a NXT22 though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Bd6Mj6Snw

Comment

Originally posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
                        Can anyone find the official NXT thread?
                        Easy Peasy search

==> NXT <==

93 190
                        (safe click)
                        John 14:6
                        (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          Something else you might consider is the XT21. Possibly both a better ski and surf wake from what I have read. The XT21 (formerly X10) is the sleeper of the MC line up.
                          The XT21 isn't exactly formerly the X10 but did take its lineup spot. And I agree, it is a sleeper. It would likely be what I would buy next.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Thank you waterlogged and familyman

Comment

Originally posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
                              Thank you waterlogged and familyman
                              No problem, I sent you a private message as well with more info on my experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X