No announcement yet.

Footin got a new ride (2020 addition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably will John, I'm going to try to get to the lake house over the holiday and get some pictures then list it.
    OH-IO!

Comment

Originally posted by Footin View Post
      Started the project list on the new toy:

-Eliminate the raw water strainer (I have read of many problems and the lake I use is very
      clean) While doing this I might install and inline valve to make winterization easier with a
      three way valve?

None of these are real difficult, just making conversation during this VERY SLOW winter! If anyone wants to help let me know!
      I'm not sure if you should remove the raw water strainer. I was down at Cumberland last Memorial Day Weekend. There was a lot of rain leading up to the trip an there was a ton of debris floating. I cleaned my raw water strainer when I got home and couldn't believe how full of crap it was.

Comment

Originally posted by tommydbouy View Post
        I'm not sure if you should remove the raw water strainer. I was down at Cumberland last Memorial Day Weekend. There was a lot of rain leading up to the trip an there was a ton of debris floating. I cleaned my raw water strainer when I got home and couldn't believe how full of crap it was.
        Hmmmmmmm. Good excuse for a new winter thread???
        OH-IO!

Comment

I have started some projects on the new to me X25, learning a lot about Ilmors and the new machine, But since it is over 4 hours away progress it’s slower than I would like. Since it is winter around here, thought I would share the progress.

Things happening:

Buffed out the transom and platform (Meguiars 1 Step gel polish works really well with a wool pad) and used cleaner wax on the rest of the boat

Removed the strainer and bought a more flexible intake hose, this will also shorten the lead to the Trans cooler (yet to install)

Bought a new impeller (ended up removing the pump to get the old one out)

Ordered a new Bimini canvas

Ordered Domed registration numbers

Removed the nuts holding the fender on, (got them off without removing the fender pads!) getting ready to have the guidepost mounts welded back in place

Hard wired Battery Tender Jr to batteries

What’s Next?

New wheels and tires on trailer or maybe just tires, not sure yet

Bleed brakes, lube calipers and change hub oil

Maybe GSA tabs to replace Gen 1? (This might be a next year project)

Change engine oil and Trans oil (Trans has ATF, changing to Rotella)

Bluetooth install

Anyone wanna come to the lake and help? Lol….Also spent a little time on the X2 getting it ready to advertise on Onlyinboards.
          OH-IO!

Comment

Did you decide to try the welding yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
              Did you decide to try the welding yourself?
              Not sure, I will probably talk to a few people at the lake and I see if I can have someone do it first.
              OH-IO!

Comment

What are your plans with the removed strainer? On my list is installing one on my boat. If you're not planning on keeping it -- I may be interested in it.

Originally posted by Footin View Post
                I have started some projects on the new to me X25, learning a lot about Ilmors and the new machine, But since it is over 4 hours away progress it’s slower than I would like. Since it is winter around here, thought I would share the progress.

Things happening:

Buffed out the transom and platform (Meguiars 1 Step gel polish works really well with a wool pad) and used cleaner wax on the rest of the boat

Removed the strainer and bought a more flexible intake hose, this will also shorten the lead to the Trans cooler (yet to install)

Bought a new impeller (ended up removing the pump to get the old one out)

Ordered a new Bimini canvas

Ordered Domed registration numbers

Removed the nuts holding the fender on, (got them off without removing the fender pads!) getting ready to have the guidepost mounts welded back in place

Hard wired Battery Tender Jr to batteries

What’s Next?

New wheels and tires on trailer or maybe just tires, not sure yet

Bleed brakes, lube calipers and change hub oil

Maybe GSA tabs to replace Gen 1? (This might be a next year project)

Change engine oil and Trans oil (Trans has ATF, changing to Rotella)

Bluetooth install

Anyone wanna come to the lake and help? Lol….Also spent a little time on the X2 getting it ready to advertise on Onlyinboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Eckie View Post
                  What are your plans with the removed strainer? On my list is installing one on my boat. If you're not planning on keeping it -- I may be interested in it.
                  Not sure, but I can tell you the reason I removed it was it was a problematic design and Mastercraft was replacing it with a redesigned unit for customers back in 2011-2013.

I would go with a Sherwood or the replacement for mine, a Forespar T150 if you want a strainer.
                  OH-IO!

Comment

Thanks for the honesty -- congrats on the new boat -- she looks amazing.

Comment

Cut/polished/waxed with new shoes. Got it on the water this weekend. All the projects are done and it paid off.
                      Attached Files
                      OH-IO!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I ordered new Domed Number Decals for the sides and also new X25 decals from Great Lakes Skipper. Time to remove the current X25 and swoosh and go for a more updates look.
                          OH-IO!

Comment

Working...
                          X