Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barneyferd
    replied
    Not exactly sure how to describe it. There's lots of texture in the CoolFeel for sunscreen or dirty feet (yeah, I know) to embed into. I also find it more 'soft' or cloth like. When you go to clean it, you can use a soft bristle brush. But between the texture and the dark color, it's a ton of effort to keep it looking new. Even wiping off the cleaner is harder.

One other thing I'm just remembering... Gotta be super careful with fins on boards around the CoolFeel. Someone slid a board across one of my rear hatches, and it left a mark I was never able to get rid of. Not to say the regular vinyl won't scratch. But you just cannot rub out/polish away scratches in CoolFeel. It's like the surface gets snagged, and that mark is there forever.

On the Odessa/CoolFeel pairing - I've seen a ton of boats that mix and match the two materials, they all look great. At least for me, I don't see that as contrasting in a bad way. Rather, I think they compliment each other. On my interior, the CoolFeel is more of an accent color, and I prefer the more subtle tone of the black CoolFeel.

Leave a comment:

• SavageScott
    replied
    Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
    I should add for the OP... My last boat had Navy CoolFeel, which was beautiful. But it was a b**ch to keep clean. I much prefer the Odessa, and the small amount of CoolFeel adds a nice accent, without adding much to the cleaning task.
    Hmm... I was originally considering mixing the Odessa w/ coolfeel black but when I saw the samples at the dealer the different textures just didn't seem the blend well.

What about the coolfeel makes it hard to keep clean?

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    I should add for the OP... My last boat had Navy CoolFeel, which was beautiful. But it was a b**ch to keep clean. I much prefer the Odessa, and the small amount of CoolFeel adds a nice accent, without adding much to the cleaning task.

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    (*looking over my shoulder*)

My next one will have red/mica on the exterior, and the red on the interior...

(*still looking over my shoulder*)

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    Indeed it is. It is what we have in our X22, sans the red. I really, really, really wanted to do that interior, but the admiral wasn't feelin' the red (exterior is White/Mica Black/Gloss Black). We did black stitching and cupholders, which is also sharp. The Odessa and CoolFeel go very well together, no issues with the different texture.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    ^Barney, that interior is sharp. Is that mixed Odessa and Cool Feel?

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    Black interior not as simple to keep clean.

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    Red cup holder inserts? Not quite the same interior but a couple examples...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wakelife
    replied
    Definitely like both the exterior and interior look with the darker gray pattern. On the darker interior - what if you added Viper Red as an accent piece to match the MC lettering? Swap the lighter grey color with Viper Red or trim the edges/stitching in Viper Red similar to rbuss4's XT21 where he used gray I think.

LOL! After I posted my response I went back and read all the responses. Funny how boaters think alike!

Leave a comment:

• John Johnson
    replied
    The red designator actually looks terrific in person. If you like it then do it.

Leave a comment:

• Upnorth07
    replied
    Have you tried putting a tan floor in either one to see what that does?

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    I prefer all grey or all black. I am a big fan of all one color interior, looks very clean.

Leave a comment:

• GoneSkiing
    replied
    The red definitely adds some pop and looks even better.

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Make your decision based on what you like. The boat will sell itself in the future. Not like you are choosing skittles.....Personally I like them both. (Prefer the gray )

Leave a comment:

• ryan_kc13
    replied
    Originally posted by SavageScott View Post
    .... And the grey version
    This one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X