• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tph
    replied
    Teak risers

Originally posted by rtw_travel1 View Post
    I raised the platform on our x-14V using teak wedges that I cut. You can see pics and how to in post #185 here (scroll down to the bottom of the page) :
    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...=39449&page=19

Its been 6 years now and it is still very solid
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• rtw_travel1
    replied
    I raised the platform on our x-14V using teak wedges that I cut. You can see pics and how to in post #185 here (scroll down to the bottom of the page) :
    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...=39449&page=19

Its been 6 years now and it is still very solid

Leave a comment:

• tph
    replied
    Raised Platform

Originally posted by ttu View Post
    that is what I did and it is doing great. we can even still remove the platform to clean up at the house.
    Ditto and Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• rgardjr1
    replied
    Originally posted by jameslyle View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone have any experience on raising the swim platform on an 06 ish model X2? The teak appears to be cutting into my surf wave, and I’m curious how hard of an alteration it it is. The transom has a outward V shape where it meets the deck compared to to a subtle ) on a lot of models. Thanks for any input!
    The most improvement I've made to my wave was adding the center trim (attitude adjustment) tab. Cleaned up the wave. I cut down the sides of my teak platform, but until I added the tab the top of the wave was just washed out. Here's a post with a picture comparing my two swim platforms:
    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...1&postcount=63

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    Originally posted by Footin View Post
    Nicely done! I assume you just marker the holes in the brackets and drilled about 3/8 holes thru the blocks and then used 4" screws to hold the platform???
    that is what I did and it is doing great. we can even still remove the platform to clean up at the house.

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Nicely done! I assume you just marker the holes in the brackets and drilled about 3/8 holes thru the blocks and then used 4" screws to hold the platform???

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    Originally posted by tph View Post
    Not the same boat but....
    ^^ very similar as i did.

Leave a comment:

• tph
    replied
    Raised Platform on 205V

Not the same boat but....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Originally posted by ttu View Post
    don't know what type of platform you have but after i added GSA to my 07 i raised my platform 3 inches. I bought some 3x2 alum tubing off the internet and had them cut it to the length of the brackets. then drilled thru the tubing to allow me put the screws thru the brackets and reaching the teak. No problems yet and i did this 4 years ago. I did paint it black to match the brackets and actually installed plastic plugs to make it look better.
    Pics please!!!

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    GSA or WakeMakers sells 4” platform raisers that’d be perfect if you don’t want to diy. I have them on my 06 X30 with the same V shaped transom as your X2.

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    don't know what type of platform you have but after i added GSA to my 07 i raised my platform 3 inches. I bought some 3x2 alum tubing off the internet and had them cut it to the length of the brackets. then drilled thru the tubing to allow me put the screws thru the brackets and reaching the teak. No problems yet and i did this 4 years ago. I did paint it black to match the brackets and actually installed plastic plugs to make it look better.

Leave a comment:

• jameslyle
    started a topic Raising the swim deck on 06 X2

Raising the swim deck on 06 X2

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience on raising the swim platform on an 06 ish model X2? The teak appears to be cutting into my surf wave, and I’m curious how hard of an alteration it it is. The transom has a outward V shape where it meets the deck compared to to a subtle ) on a lot of models. Thanks for any input!
Working...
X