X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From across the pond "Congratulations"

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
      They are a distinctly different configuration and price. The “pods” are a pair of 7” mid ranges with a single horn tweeter while the S85 is an 8.5” coaxial speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This......

Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
      So 4 S85s should sound much better for surfing than the pods, correct?
      Yes, they will sound better at surf distances, and at longer distances. Doing 4 S80s, or 4 S85s is a louder and better sounding setup overall than the T85 pods.

Originally posted by MeyersRL View Post
      I found the option in the 2020 Manual actually. There is one option for 2 T85 Cans in PODS. Ive had the Exile XM9s HLCD speakers before and at this point we have moved more surf so Im good with the S85s.
      You made the right choice. Doing the quad S80s or S85s is the better choice....

Comment

Beautiful boat! Our X24 is in production as we speak.

We chose the teak platform as well but were told the under-platform ladder was not an option with the teak - I'm excited to see your boat came with the ladder.

Did you have a conversation with your dealer about that or did the boat just show up that way? I'm curious why I was told it was not an option....

Comment

Great looking Boat. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SavageScott View Post
            Beautiful boat! Our X24 is in production as we speak.

We chose the teak platform as well but were told the under-platform ladder was not an option with the teak - I'm excited to see your boat came with the ladder.

Did you have a conversation with your dealer about that or did the boat just show up that way? I'm curious why I was told it was not an option....

The ladder just came with it in our case. Was surprised to see it actually but glad it was there.

Comment

Gorgeous! Love the tan interior, so does my wife and now she wants to rip out our entire interior! Thanks!
              08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                This......

Yes, they will sound better at surf distances, and at longer distances. Doing 4 S80s, or 4 S85s is a louder and better sounding setup overall than the T85 pods.

You made the right choice. Doing the quad S80s or S85s is the better choice....
                So what's the purpose of the pods, is it that the tweeter is more powerful, why do they sell it as an upgrade over the 4 S85s? My 2019 X22 came with them and I haven't had much time to really play with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                  So what's the purpose of the pods, is it that the tweeter is more powerful, why do they sell it as an upgrade over the 4 S85s? My 2019 X22 came with them and I haven't had much time to really play with them.

On my old boat with the Exile XM9s the idea was to get the sound farther back to the wakeboarders. The horn seems to be capable of that more so than the coax with the smaller tweeter. It seems to be a bit higher pitch though I didn’t okay a ton with trying to tune it.

Comment

Originally posted by MeyersRL View Post
                    The ladder just came with it in our case. Was surprised to see it actually but glad it was there.

Good to know, thank you.

What dealer did you order the boat through?

Comment

Originally posted by SavageScott View Post
                      Good to know, thank you.

What dealer did you order the boat through?

Cali Marine in Riverside, CA

Comment

Working...
                      X