Texas Reopens!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
    I think the same thing when I look at inner cities like Chicago.
    My daughter just saw this comment and reminded me (as she laughed hysterically) that we went to get our boat in Wichita, Kansas. We met the previous owner at the absolute worst part of a city I have ever been in and I have relatives in NYC and I used to visit Chicago all the time and I lived 5 years in Columbus, Ohio, so I know bad parts of a city when I see one.

This place in a nice controlled R state was horrible. The bank we met in had a vestibule that one had to be paged to get into through the first door, and then the door closed and locked behind us and then the inside door opened when the tellers allowed. They were also all behind bullet proof glass. The manager did our banking for us and he said they literally get robbed at least 1-3X per month. The robbers literally would get trapped in between the doors and held there for the police. That is some really stupid robbers. We had a car follow us out of there and they were on our tail for long enough us to get scared, to pull over and have the pull over too and for us to call 911 and have a police officer pull up behind us.

So EVERY city has its bad parts, even ones in red controlled cities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
      Looks like Luke is feeling better.

"My brothers gonna kill us. My brother is going to ****."

"Well which once is it. Is he going to kill us or ****?"

I can fix it.
      My old man’s a TV repairman.
      He has an ultimate set of tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
        Cities have always been chit holes all throughout history. That part will never change. The reason is people on the bottom of the economic scale can only afford places in the city. They can't miracously move out into the country and buy 5-100 acres. They can rent apartments in a city and they can find multiple jobs nearby. That has been the way since the beginning of time.
        No, they can move to Alabama, Mississippi, or which ever other states you mentioned. Cost of living is lower there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

No, they can move to Alabama, Mississippi, or which ever other states you mentioned. Cost of living is lower there.

But there are no jobs there. And some people just don't want their kids to get an education from a state system that ranks in the bottom 20% of all states.

Comment

I think the same thing when I look at inner cities like Chicago. Why do they keep electing people who do nothing for them?

They ( the people ) don’t keep electing them. They elect themselves and there is literally no way to change course because of the money and power they have. Every election the split the white vote by offering up 2 viable choices. Things go to runoff and poof , you have your winner . The amount of crooked spending , giving out free handouts for votes , and gerrymandering is off the charts. It’s no longer hidden with a slight of hand. It’s literally thrown in your face while they’re laughing at you. Chicago and Illinois politics is one of the most corrupt in the nation. The amount of spots bought and paid for is unimaginable. Again they used to try and hide things. , they simply don’t give a flying **** anymore and spit in your face while they get rich.
            CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
            2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
            2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
            99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
            88 2001 Nautique

Comment

My daughter just saw this comment and reminded me (as she laughed hysterically) that we went to get our boat in Wichita, Kansas. We met the previous owner at the absolute worst part of a city I have ever been in and I have relatives in NYC and I used to visit Chicago all the time and I lived 5 years in Columbus, Ohio, so I know bad parts of a city when I see one.

This place in a nice controlled R state was horrible. The bank we met in had a vestibule that one had to be paged to get into through the first door, and then the door closed and locked behind us and then the inside door opened when the tellers allowed. They were also all behind bullet proof glass. The manager did our banking for us and he said they literally get robbed at least 1-3X per month. The robbers literally would get trapped in between the doors and held there for the police. That is some really stupid robbers. We had a car follow us out of there and they were on our tail for long enough us to get scared, to pull over and have the pull over too and for us to call 911 and have a police officer pull up behind us.

So EVERY city has its bad parts, even ones in red controlled cities.
              Millenial indoctrination at its finest. Geeezus man. No words for the lack of mental capacity and foresight here . This is the type of soft thinking that has brought us to where we sit this very moment as a nation. Why we have a thread celebrating a state that had the capacity to stand up against the tyrannical rule of its current government.

Sound familiar ? Maybe people remember history ?

What else may sound familiar , the Nation’s top educational institutions holding raced based graduation ceremonies. Man I seem to remember something in the past involving segregation , some guy named Brown.

God I pray for my children and the Nation they’ll have in store for them.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
              88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Cities have always been chit holes all throughout history. That part will never change. The reason is people on the bottom of the economic scale can only afford places in the city. They can't miracously move out into the country and buy 5-100 acres. They can rent apartments in a city and they can find multiple jobs nearby. That has been the way since the beginning of time.
                Let me fix that for you.........
                They can move to the suburbs and farms , but first they’d have to be held accountable to find a job instead of being able to live off the government teet for generations . The opportunities are plentiful for anyone who applies themselves . Instead they’re brainwashed with money and rhetoric by people who need to keep them in poverty, who need to keep them uneducated , in order to keep power and money flowing.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                88 2001 Nautique

Comment

But there are no jobs there. And some people just don't want their kids to get an education from a state system that ranks in the bottom 20% of all states.
                  So it's the politician's fault when it's poverty in the country, but it's no one's fault when it's in the city. The people getting welfare in the city for not working can get the same welfare in the country for not working.

Or do you think it's a disappointment to see it in the country and it's acceptable and inevitable in the city?

Comment

• Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                    They can move to the suburbs and farms , but first they’d have to be held accountable to find a job instead of being able to live off the government teet for generations . The opportunities are plentiful for anyone who applies themselves . Instead they’re brainwashed with money and rhetoric by people who need to keep them in poverty, who need to keep them uneducated , in order to keep power and money flowing.
                    This is correct. We have lots of jobs in Alabama that no one wants. Better pay to live on welfare and have lots of kids/raises. Immigrants are more than willing to take the farm jobs and construction trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                      As part of my B-school studies there was a big part of one whole class dedicated to this very phenomenon of "what if we all dispersed evenly would we all live better?" and the answer was a flat out no due to simple math. It has been tried several times in history too. You take the population of any city and divide it up among the land between it and the next big city and you put a family or individual on an equal part of land spread out over that area. Do you know what happens? In 99%+ of the cases the land is divided up into pieces too small to farm efficiently. You also have people that can't farm and they fail, you have people that take advantage of those people forcing them off the land and guess where they go, back to higher density areas, ie cities.

You also lose the rule of "specialization." This is the classic case of one person is better at baking bread and another person is better at raising chickens. Say bread baker can make 3 loaves of bread or raise one chicken per day (stay with me, it is simple math as an example). The other can only bake one loaf of bread but can raise 3 chickens. Both of them can only raise 1 chicken and bake one loaf of bread per day if they don't specialize. So if each person does both, bakes bread and raises chickens then not as many chickens are raised or bread is baked (2 chickens and 2 loaves of bread). But if each specializes and does what they do best, then more chickens or bread are produced each day (3 loaves of bread, and 3 chickens). That allows the baker to sell his excess, and the farmer to sell his excess chickens. As a result more product is produced by each and their total GDP is higher.

That is yet another reason people cluster in cities because a baker does not need to raise the grain, store it, grind it, process it, bake it and sell it. He can let the farmer grow the grain, the silo operator store it until needed, the miller grind it and the baker make bread out of it. All of that leads to a far more efficient system and each person makes far, far more money and has a MUCH higher standard of living then if they all did every step of the process to make bread. And the baker does not need to live on 1-5 acres of land. He needs a space for his business and a place to live. He has NO need for land, so why should he live on land that could be better used by a farmer to grow grain that he can use, or a chicken farmer that needs the land to feed his chickens. If the baker lived on 1-3 acres, that land would not be available to the famers thus taking it out of use unless they formed some kind of commune. Nobody wants that.

And swatguy is 100% right that corrupt power and gerrymandering and passing laws that only benefit one party is what is causing a cancer in our society. And right now one party is doing all they can to do just that. The worst gerrymandered districts in the US are run by one party far and away ahead of the other. Election laws are being proposed everywhere to supress the voters they dislike, and they are passing laws (big tax cuts) for their donors and themselves. Meanwhile they run up the debt when they are in office and when they are in the WH they cause a recession (have for 50+ years) and that in turn decreases tax revenue thus raising the deficits even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                        This is correct. We have lots of jobs in Alabama that no one wants. Better pay to live on welfare and have lots of kids/raises. Immigrants are more than willing to take the farm jobs and construction trades.
                        I grew up doing construction and I did roofing for too many years and it has taken a toll on my body. I'm darn glad I got out of it but my brother still does it. We have a huge housing boom going on around here (50+ houses being being built right here in my little town alone) and on the roofing and siding crews are all foreigners. That is brutal work that few Americans will do. And now the framing crews are all going foreign. Again it is back breaking work and to make any money doing it one has to hustle like a crazy person because the big tract housing companies squeeze the framers, siders and roofers out of every penny they can so as to keep costs low.

My dad had several words of wisdom and two of them were "you make more money working with your brain than you ever will working with your hands" and "nobody ever got rich working at a job where their head was below their butt most of the day while working."

Comment

I grew up doing construction and I did roofing for too many years and it has taken a toll on my body. I'm darn glad I got out of it but my brother still does it. We have a huge housing boom going on around here (50+ houses being being built right here in my little town alone) and on the roofing and siding crews are all foreigners. That is brutal work that few Americans will do. And now the framing crews are all going foreign. Again it is back breaking work and to make any money doing it one has to hustle like a crazy person because the big tract housing companies squeeze the framers, siders and roofers out of every penny they can so as to keep costs low.

My dad had several words of wisdom and two of them were "you make more money working with your brain than you ever will working with your hands" and "nobody ever got rich working at a job where their head was below their butt most of the day while working."
                          Ha. Now you’re a construction expert. As someone who does it for a living (commercial GC) the subcontractors are very adequately compensated.

Also one of the richest dudes I know is a plumber
                          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Income doesn’t determine wealth. Your spending does
                            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              Ha. Now you’re a construction expert. As someone who does it for a living (commercial GC) the subcontractors are very adequately compensated.

Also one of the richest dudes I know is a plumber
                              Where did I ever say I am an expert on construction? I used to do it, I observe what goes on around me, I've hired some work out to be done on my house, but I never once said I was an expert.

Yes there are exceptions to every rule. I know a chemist that earns several million per year. I also know many (most) that make $100K to $300K. And what constitutes "adequately compensated?" $200K Per year to me after taxes to me is nothing to rave about but someone else might think that is a King's salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                                Income doesn’t determine wealth. Your spending does
                                Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Investing well is the other part of the earning/spending equation. It does no good to save if one puts it under their mattress and it does not keep up with inflation. My grandmother lived that. She never invested but she saved like a fiend.

Comment

Working...
                                X