Texas Reopens!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allzway View Post
    I just had an extremely sore arm that was swollen and had a red circle around the shot area. Otherwise, no other side effects.

I get the second shot in a couple of weeks. It seems the second one is when most of the folks I know get pretty bad side effects.
    I got my first shot (Pfizer) last Wed. and schedule for the 2nd 2 weeks from today, my arm is still a bit sore and I don't recall any shot having soreness ever before. My wife (care giver for her 95 y/o mother) just got her second shot (Pfizer) this past Sunday and by mid day on Monday had a low grade fever and felt drained / weak, but by Tuesday morning was back to normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by captain planet View Post
      Cracks are in the foundation for sure, but the madness will soon be here. It will be another grab by the banks to get their hands on all the commercial and residential properties which will soon be in default. More wealth moved upwards based on a lie/scam. Just like 08.
      "Never pass up the chance to take advantage of a crisis"

Rahm Emanuel, former Chicago Mayor

Comment

• Originally posted by mdskier View Post
        Unsurprisingly, cases are down -29% in the two weeks since.

They were wrong. Again. As always.

Um, need to math this out a bit but checking on the Texas department of health web page Texas has vaccinated about 10,000,000 as of this week and the population of 29,000,000. So simple math should say that there should be about a 33% drop, thus 29% is within reason.

However, the older people and most at risk and healthcare workers were vaccinated first. That means the people at highest risk and easiest to catch/spread the virus because of living and working conditions were removed from the potential infection pool first. This is classic Pareto problem solving (fix the biggest group causing the most problems first and it has the biggest effect first) and so by going after the groups they did the number of infections should drop the fastest. This is classic exponential decay. Big drop at first and then slow down as the later changes don't have as big of an effect.

The next question is going to be does the drop in infections match or exceed the number of people vaccinated. Stabilization, or worse increase, of infection rates while vaccinations increase means the virus is spreading better than it did before. The new variants could lead to this new problem. The key is going to be getting enough people vaccinated to break the infection cycle, ie herd immunity.

Don't get me wrong, this is good news that rates are dropping. I would just like to see them drop faster based on the concept that the worst spreaders should be removed from the pool by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
          Um, need to math this out a bit but checking on the Texas department of health web page Texas has vaccinated about 10,000,000 as of this week and the population of 29,000,000. So simple math should say that there should be about a 33% drop, thus 29% is within reason.

However, the older people and most at risk and healthcare workers were vaccinated first. That means the people at highest risk and easiest to catch/spread the virus because of living and working conditions were removed from the potential infection pool first. This is classic Pareto problem solving (fix the biggest group causing the most problems first and it has the biggest effect first) and so by going after the groups they did the number of infections should drop the fastest. This is classic exponential decay. Big drop at first and then slow down as the later changes don't have as big of an effect.

The next question is going to be does the drop in infections match or exceed the number of people vaccinated. Stabilization, or worse increase, of infection rates while vaccinations increase means the virus is spreading better than it did before. The new variants could lead to this new problem. The key is going to be getting enough people vaccinated to break the infection cycle, ie herd immunity.

Don't get me wrong, this is good news that rates are dropping. I would just like to see them drop faster based on the concept that the worst spreaders should be removed from the pool by now.

Beeeep beeeep beeep beeep

-the sound of the goalposts moving
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Beeeep beeeep beeep beeep
            -the sound of the goalposts moving
            Not goalposts moving, it is just statistical understanding of an exponential decay which is the way these things progress. I deal with this with complaints all the time. 3-4 Complaints account for say 60% of the complaint costs (refunded money) and the next 15-20 complaints lead to the remaining 40% of the costs. So if I concentrate on the 3-4 big complaints and that should lead to 60% of the problem going away. But if I fixed the 3-4 complaints and we were still experiencing 70-80% of the costs/refunds, then we fixed the wrong problems or the problems got worse. That's classic process control/corrections.

Comment

• I thought you had too many projects?

You sir are the most full of sh it person I have ever seen online.

Comment

Um, need to math this out a bit but checking on the Texas department of health web page Texas has vaccinated about 10,000,000 as of this week and the population of 29,000,000. So simple math should say that there should be about a 33% drop, thus 29% is within reason...
                Check your math again.

You're using the vaccinated number, not fully vaccinated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Texas vaccines.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	2409926

Comment

• Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                  I thought you had too many projects?

I'll second that, I don't even bother reading his gibberish anymore

Comment

• Full of sh it for sure.

First, the most vulnerable does not mean the most infectious. So "vaccinating" (in quotes because it is not a vaccine, it is gene therapy and does not in fact do all of what vaccines do) the most vulnerable would not really do what you seem to claim it does.

Second, the point was the so called pubic health experts and the blue check whack jobs were claiming removing the mask mandate would cause cases to go up. They were wrong again, as they have been at every turn. They are also full of sh it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                      I thought you had too many projects?

Biggest problem with America is people are brainwashed

Comment

• Is he saying 33% reduction is bad and Texas needs to close again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by snork View Post
                          Biggest problem with America is people are brainwashed
                          Whatever, the biggest problem with the America is a bunch of old white guys that think they are in control are being out bred, out educated, out worked, out smarted, out saved and generally out of control of their own existance. These old dudes fail to adapt and they show their ignorance every day. Anything they do not understand they attack. Anyone they don't understand they attack. Just stop and read this thread. Rather than stop and look around, they keep thinking that things are always going to be the same for them. Meanwhile at all and every turn their are people eating their lunch over and over and it is only going to get worse. Keep it up suckers, fail to adapt and you will go extinct. By 2045 you and your kind will be the minority and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. So either wise up, start not being jerks or you will find yourselves in worse shape than if you start to adapt and help your offspring to adapt. The trends are not going in your favor. Pease out and F off all of you.

Comment

Whatever, the biggest problem with the America is a bunch of old white guys that think they are in control are being out bred, out educated, out worked, out smarted, out saved and generally out of control of their own existance. These old dudes fail to adapt and they show their ignorance every day. Anything they do not understand they attack. Anyone they don't understand they attack. Just stop and read this thread. Rather than stop and look around, they keep thinking that things are always going to be the same for them. Meanwhile at all and every turn their are people eating their lunch over and over and it is only going to get worse. Keep it up suckers, fail to adapt and you will go extinct. By 2045 you and your kind will be the minority and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. So either wise up, start not being jerks or you will find yourselves in worse shape than if you start to adapt and help your offspring to adapt. The trends are not going in your favor. Pease out and F off all of you.

Awesome man hopefully there is a room big enough for your head an BS to fit into. May have to adapt.
                            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
                              Is he saying 33% reduction is bad and Texas needs to close again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Post #637 I pointed out he’s bad at math.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                                Awesome man hopefully there is a room big enough for your head an BS to fit into. May have to adapt.
                                Supposedly by 2045 the earth will be covered in water from global warming yada yada Guess the human race will need to adapt and some how develop gills

Comment

Working...
                                X