Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple upgrades for the X14 (New trailer and cover)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple upgrades for the X14 (New trailer and cover)

Got a couple upgrades for the X14 recently. If you have anxiety over cover snaps, probably want to hit the back button now... [emoji3]

Had a new cockpit and bow cover made by a local guy. Not cheap but does great work. I tow with the cover on and you can't beat snaps. Unfortunately there is no pattern for my boat for the Evolution style cover. Anyway, really happy with how it turned out.

Also, upgraded to a new Boatmate tandem axle trailer. Was never really happy with the single axle and for as much as I travel, wanted the smoother ride and redundancy of the tandem.

This thing is awesome. Everything about it is overbuilt compared to the MC trailer. The main box frame is 5" vs 4", 4 cross members vs 3, XRP84 vs A60 actuator. In the pics you'll see a SeaDeck pad where the jack could touch the frame.

Boat fits like a glove. Another big bonus, the boat sits about 6" lower in this trailer. Guys at Current WS were top notch as expected.

Last pic on the old setup

Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, She looks great all the way around!! I like the covers, and got the snapped bow cover myself, just hard to do the full cockpit snaps. Who did the covers?
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Nice new trailer.

I like the rear corner steps.

93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Love the new trailer, I just got a new Boatmate for my X15
        2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
        2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
        Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
        Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Well done on all fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New trailer looks great I wish mine set that 6" lower than I wouldn't have to put my tower down.
            1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Almost forgot the cover looks good also!
              1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
              2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                Nice new trailer.

I like the rear corner steps.

Agree on the corner steps. I have trailer envy. Your boat is sharp looking in that silver flake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                2008 X14
                1964 Boston Whaler Nauset
                1994 PS205, sold

Comment

The boat and new trailer combo is fire. I love the gel scheme on it. Looks like a missle.

Comment

Looking great, love the silver flake!

If you want to add another transformation consider taking the stickers off the back...
                    Attached Files

Comment

That changes the look .
                      If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

Brian that looks so good ... really like the cover too
                        That is one gorgeous boat ... see you this summer

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Awesome. Love the cover. Love the new trailer. I had an evolution cover for one of my X14's so I don't know why that wasn't an option, but this isn't the first time I've heard that. I loved my SA MC trailer - never had an issue, but it'd probably have been time for an upgrade if I still had it.
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words!!

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                              WOW, She looks great all the way around!! I like the covers, and got the snapped bow cover myself, just hard to do the full cockpit snaps. Who did the covers?
                              Cover was done by Gilman Canvas (https://www.gilmancanvasproducts.net/). This guy has done a couple covers for me and is great. Funny story, I called late last year to get on the schedule, he said he would call me when he was ready. Earlier this year, I hadn't heard from him, so I called to see what was up. He said "I didn't forget about you, there is no way you were going to pull your boat over here in the salt and slush, I'll call when the weather clears up." Ha, he knows ski boat guys pretty well.

Originally posted by kwoody51 View Post
                              Looking great, love the silver flake!

If you want to add another transformation consider taking the stickers off the back...
                              This is on my list for next off season. Unfortunately, the silver flake has yellowed a bit. I'm not sure if I'll be able to remove all the ghosting or not. I'm probably going to take it to Jaw's and see if he can remove the yellowing. If not, I have a new set of bullseye decals that I can put back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X