X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barneyferd
    replied
    Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
    My understanding is that they are removing the fuel damper which was installed as part of the first recall. I don't know what a fuel damper is - or what it's supposed to do- anyone????
    My dealer texted at 7:15 this morning telling me a tech would be at my boat at 8am to do the recall. I just checked with him a few minutes ago to better understand what was done. Not completely sure, but my impression is that the 'fuel damper' is something like a water hammer arrestor you might find under your sink. Sort of a dead-head tube with air trapped in the end, to cushion sudden changes in fuel pressure that might otherwise slam the hardware. He told me they've had a couple of these fail in the field (nation wide), resulting in a fuel leak, so they are removing them now. Not sure why they thought they needed to add them in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Upnorth07
    replied
    I haven't heard from my dealer on this, but it sounds like they need to remove the damper that was originally installed as a part of the recall?

For those that have heard from their dealer, is this is a "cease and desist" usage order like the original recall?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    This is crazy. Mine was done last week. Do they need to do something different now and are there parts involved?

Leave a comment:

• Space Wrangler
    replied
    I got a call from my dealer last week saying not to use my boat until they changed whatever they did for the recall. They came out to my house and did it the next day. All good now, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• maniacmikes
    replied
    FourForty's dealer (Castaway Marina) called me directly to notify me that the boat I purchased from him needed to have the recall recalled. Talk about awesome customer service! They even forwarded me the the recall notice to give to my local dealer (Stancraft) so that they are up to speed.

My understanding is that they are removing the fuel damper which was installed as part of the first recall. I don't know what a fuel damper is - or what it's supposed to do- anyone????

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    Recalling the recall, this is getting crazy.

Leave a comment:

• acarro
    replied
    I was just notified that we need to take out the fuel damper hose. Can someone please explain what is going on with this recall.

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    Would something like this work? Had to do a screenshot, link would not upload.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    Just talked to MC directly. The supplier is really struggling to get these cranked out. They are shipping them as fast as they get them.

They were able to find one for my boat and are shipping it to my dealer next week. The dealer is coming to the house to fix it on site.

Very appreciative of MC for making it happen.
    That is good news. Glad MC found one for you.

Leave a comment:

• FourFourty
    replied
    Thanks for checking 440. I called a few more dealers and no one has the kits and no one has an ETA from MC.

It sounds like it is an easy fix. I assume this is just a replacement of the fuel pressure regulator? Just trying to understand what is involved.
    It’s replacement of the regulator, and checking/rerouting the fuel line if/as needed. It’s a 1 hour job. Definitely pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Just talked to MC directly. The supplier is really struggling to get these cranked out. They are shipping them as fast as they get them.

They were able to find one for my boat and are shipping it to my dealer next week. The dealer is coming to the house to fix it on site.

Very appreciative of MC for making it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    I just called my dealer as my boat is in the shop and it was on the list of things to do and they ran out. Have 200 hrs on the boat so it should be ok until the get more in I hope...

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    That's awesome!

Not only did the local dealer where I keep my boat take my kit and put it in another boat, they are prioritizing only boats they sold.

Since they did this and cancelled my appointment I had for month and I live 3hrs from the boat I asked them if they would come to my lake house garage where I keep my boat - about 20min from their shop. They said yes, but I would have to pay.

So far not impressed.
    I guess at this point you might have to pay for the peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
    My dealer drove 4 hours each way and did mine last weekend.
    That's awesome!

Not only did the local dealer where I keep my boat take my kit and put it in another boat, they are prioritizing only boats they sold.

Since they did this and cancelled my appointment I had for month and I live 3hrs from the boat I asked them if they would come to my lake house garage where I keep my boat - about 20min from their shop. They said yes, but I would have to pay.

So far not impressed.

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    My dealer drove 4 hours each way and did mine last weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X