No announcement yet.

GDI Recall for Fuel Pressure Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an "after" repair picture they could share. Had mine done but it doesn't look any different from when I dropped it off. It wasn't mentioned on the invoice when I picked it up, so just want to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
      Anyone have an "after" repair picture they could share. Had mine done but it doesn't look any different from when I dropped it off. It wasn't mentioned on the invoice when I picked it up, so just want to be sure.
      If it is like the previous Dometic recalls on pumps, there will be a new sticker placed on the pump with a date.

Comment

In talking to TXMC last week there is another recall on the fuel system. He said he has over 250 boats outstanding including mine. Some of them they have already touched 3 times as part of this recall. As I understand it:

1st recall instruction - install new fuel pressure regulator
        2nd recall instruction - add damper (assuming fuel pressure regular had been updated)
        3rd recall instruction - remove damper because some of them were bursting
        4th (and current) instruction - add back improved damper

Assuming I heard correctly, to be fully compliant your fuel pressure regulator should have been replaced and you should have the non-bursting damper installed. My dealer is waiting on the damper.

FYI the dealer is having trouble getting the new damper, and he said they are being delivered a few at a time. I would encourage everyone to get ahead of this one as I almost did not have my boat for Memorial day last year.
        05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
        15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
        X