Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel
    replied
    In talking to TXMC last week there is another recall on the fuel system. He said he has over 250 boats outstanding including mine. Some of them they have already touched 3 times as part of this recall. As I understand it:

1st recall instruction - install new fuel pressure regulator
    2nd recall instruction - add damper (assuming fuel pressure regular had been updated)
    3rd recall instruction - remove damper because some of them were bursting
    4th (and current) instruction - add back improved damper

Assuming I heard correctly, to be fully compliant your fuel pressure regulator should have been replaced and you should have the non-bursting damper installed. My dealer is waiting on the damper.

FYI the dealer is having trouble getting the new damper, and he said they are being delivered a few at a time. I would encourage everyone to get ahead of this one as I almost did not have my boat for Memorial day last year.

Leave a comment:

• koolaid
    replied
    Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
    Anyone have an "after" repair picture they could share. Had mine done but it doesn't look any different from when I dropped it off. It wasn't mentioned on the invoice when I picked it up, so just want to be sure.
    If it is like the previous Dometic recalls on pumps, there will be a new sticker placed on the pump with a date.

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    Anyone have an "after" repair picture they could share. Had mine done but it doesn't look any different from when I dropped it off. It wasn't mentioned on the invoice when I picked it up, so just want to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• kscrib
    replied
    Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    I talked to my dealer about this...he said they are removing the damper for now and MasterCraft will have a permanent/better solution available by the fall.

My dealer said something very similar to that

Leave a comment:

• djyas
    replied
    I’m concerned about this. We had our recall done a couple of months ago. Now twice I’ve smelled a VERY strong gas odor in the cabin. However when I opened the floor compartments to see if I could smell it below deck I could not.

Possibly related... I use the fuel computer to calculate usage and when I went to fill up it took over 43 gal but computer said full should be 41. Is that within the margin of error... or is it possible I leaked 2+ gallons of gas?

Any advice on where to look for or smell for a potential problem with this damper on an x24?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• stuartjr
    replied
    Nothing builds confidence like a recall turning into a trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    TXMC just swung by the house and redid mine.

FYI be prepared for another recall in a few months allegedly

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by mallees View Post
    Correct, the fuel rail connector points straight down and the damper plugs onto it from beneath, (damper is vertical) and fuel hose plugs onto bottom of damper.
    Thank you for all the information. Seems like a simple fix.

I have yet to hear from my dealer, so maybe it was done already. I will check tomorrow when I get to the boat.

Leave a comment:

• Upnorth07
    replied
    I talked to my dealer about this...he said they are removing the damper for now and MasterCraft will have a permanent/better solution available by the fall.

Leave a comment:

• mallees
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    Thank you! So the damper connects to the fuel rail up on the engine right?
    Correct, the fuel rail connector points straight down and the damper plugs onto it from beneath, (damper is vertical) and fuel hose plugs onto bottom of damper.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by mallees View Post
    This is the damper that needs to be removed, I actually removed it myself as my dealer is 3 hr each way. It literally took 15 minutes. You will need a fuel line quick disconnect tool.
    Release fuel rail pressure at Schrader valve, disconnect fuel line from bottom of damper, disconnect damper from fuel rail, undo 1 bolt and remove damper then reconnect the fuel line directly to the rail. Done
    Thank you! So the damper connects to the fuel rail up on the engine right?

Leave a comment:

• mallees
    replied
    This is the damper that needs to be removed, I actually removed it myself as my dealer is 3 hr each way. It literally took 15 minutes. You will need a fuel line quick disconnect tool.
    Release fuel rail pressure at Schrader valve, disconnect fuel line from bottom of damper, disconnect damper from fuel rail, undo 1 bolt and remove damper then reconnect the fuel line directly to the rail. Done
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cmasty
    replied
    Yes, this is getting a bit comical. Really funny if it didn't all sound so dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Andyg
    replied
    Dealer had my boat over the winter to fix a few warranty items and they did the recall before I got it back a few weeks ago. Then I got a call from the dealer this past Friday that they needed to come out and do another recall to the recall they already did. They came out that day and did it. I didn't ask what exactly either recall involved.

Leave a comment:

• barneyferd
    replied
    Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    For those that have heard from their dealer, is this is a "cease and desist" usage order like the original recall?
    My dealer did not say anything about that, and I have not seen the recall letter. But he said their tech has done like 60 of these service calls in the last 4 days, so they aren't letting grass grow between their toes. The tech has it down to about a 5 minute procedure now. Frankly, I don't like the idea that a device might fail resulting in a high pressure fuel leak on the engine. I'd be inclined to get the work done asap...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X