Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Black X24

What Is The Best Brand Of Cermaic Coating Also Will It Prevent Water Spots

Had Ceramic Pro applied to a black XT21 back in 2018. This boat was never stored in our garage due to being too tall on the trailer. Wipe down on the treated gel coat was a breeze and water spots at the end of the day we’re wiped off using only water. We ultimately sold the boat in 2019 so I cannot speak to how long the properties lasted. I don’t know if this product is the best on the market. I would assume other products would match the performance.

On all the boats we have had since, we have not found the need to go the ceramic protection route. We use wax and a diligent wipe down process and our boats are always in showroom condition even though they are kept out in the elements all year round.

I know Moose and others have self applied coatings with good success. I am sure you will get some more experienced members chiming in shortly.
    Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
    SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
    2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
    2021 MC XStar Red
    2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Blue
    2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Red/Black
    2020 MC XT22 Red/black
    2019 MC XStar Blue/White
    2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
    2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Boat Juice Ceramic Liquid Wax and then wipe down after each uses with Boat Juice Exterior.

Comment

I used glidecoat.. was good for two seasons.
        2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Beadlock Marine Pro from Shine Supply.

https://shinesupply.com/collections/...ating-50ml-kit

I use aftermath after each use. The wakeup is also unbelievable if you want to polish your boat. Its the best I've ever used.

You can search Sine Supply on Instagram he puts boat details on their from time to time. Does a great job explaining the process and you can call them and talk with Jeremy (owner) directly.

Comment

Originally posted by CottagerGreg View Post
            I used glidecoat.. was good for two seasons.
            I'm on the fence on Ceramic. If it's a 2 season life, it is fairly pricey. I did a DIY on my XT and found that is was not overly effective at the end of the 2nd season. This year I did 3M marine wax and she looks purty.
            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

For those applying their own - what are your prep steps to clean old protectant, dirt, spots before applying? (thinking about end of season or start of season cleaning)

I've been using Hot Sauce for a few years but now it appears lack of UV protection has become an issue. I'll be switching back to ceramic or traditional wax on my spring clean up this year. All input much appreciated.

Comment

Simple view is that the ceramics are a longer lasting protection, call it two seasons even if some claim longer, that can be waxed over as you like for extra slickness and protection. The ceramic allows a much easier wipedown post outing, cuts down on water spots, and makes second coat wax pretty easy.

Overall ceramic application DIY is similar to wax, once gel is prepped and clean, it goes on with a small applicator in sections with microfiber wipe off.

As in any coating, gel prep and cleaning is key first as the coatings just seal in and highlight existing conditions of your surface. I'll not detail preparation here but summary is wash, claybar or claymitts, wash, polish, IPA/water wipedown, ceramic. If your boat is new or pristine gel, you have a head start on prep.

If a dark hull I would highly recommend ceramic plus wax over it. Much easier to keep her up.

I also just tend to buy whatever ceramic is on sale and have used many of the those mentioned above on cars and boats.

Blakey, seem to recall a handful of threads and questions answered by the board, but no pics of your boat? Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by 3event View Post
                  For those applying their own - what are your prep steps to clean old protectant, dirt, spots before applying? (thinking about end of season or start of season cleaning)

I've been using Hot Sauce for a few years but now it appears lack of UV protection has become an issue. I'll be switching back to ceramic or traditional wax on my spring clean up this year. All input much appreciated.
                  Polish or have it polished with Wake up! It will bring it back.

I don't personally use ceramic either, but I wash and apply spray wax at the end of every weekend the boat is used. I like the extra slick feel and ceramic doesn't provide it. I'll polish mine and use spray wax.

Comment

Can we see some pics of the boat?

Comment

Well that's interesting, when i google Wake Up Polish, google tells me how to say "Wake Up" in Polish. Apparently it's Obudź się

The least useful thing I will learn today..... (with no malice or bad intent regarding any particular nationality)

Comment

havent picked it up yet still at dealer

Comment

Y’all use a random orbital polisher or just apply and remove by hand?

Comment

Working...
                          X