Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could bass mess with the stargazer module or the MMDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could bass mess with the stargazer module or the MMDC?

OK, maybe a dumb question. My 209 has a precut hole for a 10" speaker in the StarBoard material in the footwell. I'd like to add a sub here, a "free air" type that just uses the area under the dash as the enclosure, but it has me wondering... Could the constant rattle of bass mess with or shorten the lifespan of stargazer module or the MMDC that is also screwed to that piece of StarBoard?
    Attached Files

How? What would make you think that?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

Doubtful, but maybe vibrate some terminal block wire connections loose over time if you have a hard hitting sub

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing with my 197' What size fits there ? a 10" or 8"

Comment

It will be fine. The GPS puck is the item that you don't want to vibrate.

Comment

I don't think bass would mess with the module, but I still wouldn't put one in my boat.
            Attached Files
            “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Originally posted by carlsonwa View Post
              I have been wondering the same thing with my 197' What size fits there ? a 10" or 8"
              Hole is precut for a 10"

Comment

Working...
              X