Best surf wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
    Right down to the grammatical mistake of “then” instead of “than”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s just sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
      No, I don't think they are going to depreciate faster than any other wake boat. Insert M235 reference

Hahahhaha

Oh right I forgot people still buy Malibu’s [emoji23]

Comment

It would be interesting if a test was possible between boats that weigh highly similar amounts. Say within 100 pounds of each other.

I know this is not easily done as boats, gear, gas, people, water depth, etc etc etc .

But if you could achieve this you isolate variables down to the hull and the wave making technology.

Until that version of Apples to Apples happens (which I dont know if it ever could- and probably NOT in the manufacturers best interest to even attempt), then this is just a continuation of the long running debate over what setup is best, and not what boat is best. In my opinion. Fun discussion though.

Comment

Adjust the discussion

Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
          It would be interesting if a test was possible between boats that weigh highly similar amounts. Say within 100 pounds of each other.

I know this is not easily done as boats, gear, gas, people, water depth, etc etc etc .

But if you could achieve this you isolate variables down to the hull and the wave making technology.

Until that version of Apples to Apples happens (which I dont know if it ever could- and probably NOT in the manufacturers best interest to even attempt), then this is just a continuation of the long running debate over what setup is best, and not what boat is best. In my opinion. Fun discussion though.

A lot of truth in the above quote. Physics don’t change. The amount of water that is displaced and the technique used in how it is displaced determines the characteristics of the wave that is created. The fact is every boat, regardless of manufacture or or model, each has a sweet spot for producing its best wave. Lots of room for subjective debate. This thread would become very useful if posts include what setup members were using that produced their best wave for their model of boat.
          Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
          SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
          2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
          2021 MC XStar Red
          2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
          2020 MC XStar Blue
          2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
          2020 MC XStar Red/Black
          2020 MC XT22 Red/black
          2019 MC XStar Blue/White
          2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
          2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

2001 Bayliner Capri 4.3.
            Thread closed!
            '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Why would thread be closed??

Comment

What about those million dollar mega yachts? We're not talking wave per dollar since the paragon is in the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                  2001 Bayliner Capri 4.3.
                  Thread closed!
                  Stock ballast?

Comment

The tape measure does not lie and says centurion IS number 1 AT 36FT BEHIND THE BOAT. Have yet to see a longer wave to date. Could only imagine what another 3-4k of fatsacs would do to that boat too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bez5Qx8zPXw

Comment

Originally posted by Spikewebb919 View Post
                      Why would thread be closed??
                      Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
                      Stock ballast?
                      I reopened the thread.
                      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                        The tape measure does not lie and says centurion IS number 1 AT 36FT BEHIND THE BOAT. Have yet to see a longer wave to date. Could only imagine what another 3-4k of fatsacs would do to that boat too.

That’s the myth I was hanging on to too. Resigned to the idea that centurion had a better wave...but couldn’t bring myself to like the boat itself.

But, finally got to surf a bunch of different Centurions last year, and the wave is good- don’t get me wrong, but it’s in the same ballpark as the X series boats (blows the G out of the water). If the X series boats ran 5,500 pounds of ballast like the centurion- they would be every bit as good, if not substantially better.

Just haven’t made a video of it yet.

The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
                          Stock ballast?
                          + 4 - 5 gal buckets of quick Crete and a queen size waterbed mattress on the floor....duhhhh!
                          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

This is with only stock ballast and wedge on lift and only 4 people in boat. She easily gets Over 30’ back and recovers with no pumping the board. https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...MR7R-i_4zMI2lG
                            Spikewebb919
                            TT Newbie
                            Last edited by Spikewebb919; 05-12-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post

Challenge accepted. I can easily run that length or further in a new XStar, so long as I bump it up to 12.5-13mph...... Which seems to be about the speed they are running. Engine is definitely screaming more than my star would be.

Sadly, I won't have my boat until early august

Hate to be that guy....but it is what it is. I definitely want to try that out, and from what I have seen from my XStars at higher surf speeds, 36' will be easy.

Comment

Agreed... with my wife, 500 lbs of lead and another 800 lbs of sacs, bump the speed in our star, I would assume we can get at least that far back as well without much pumping to get back to the boat. This would be 5400 lbs, so similar to the 5100 the Ri237 claims for s similar length, fuel weight and dry weight boat. I'll get some photos here over memorial weekend, see what we can do.

We've also got the entire family out for a trip after the 4th this year. I'll jam 15 of them into the star and see what kind of mess we can make.. I bet I could get that far back at 200 lbs with 2000+ lbs of human ballast that would put us at around 7000 lbs of ballast or more if we fill some sacs as well. Not a ton to compare too, but the new generation MC are pretty amazing, the star and the 24 that I have been behind don't leave much to be desired that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X