Best surf wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    The tape measure does not lie and says centurion IS number 1 AT 36FT BEHIND THE BOAT. Have yet to see a longer wave to date. Could only imagine what another 3-4k of fatsacs would do to that boat too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bez5Qx8zPXw
    Despite your all caps claim the wave was 36ft out it wasn't. By their own admission.

The majority of the time that kid was out about 30-32 feet. Minus the 5 feet of the back deck. Minus the slack in the tape. The rider was obviously experienced and I bet didnt weigh much over a buck 30. So there's that too.....

To be clear I dont think its a bad wave. Looks like a wave I'd like to try sometime. Not sure that particular experiment, although a good try, solves this debate.

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
      That’s the myth I was hanging on to too. Resigned to the idea that centurion had a better wave...but couldn’t bring myself to like the boat itself.

But, finally got to surf a bunch of different Centurions last year, and the wave is good- don’t get me wrong, but it’s in the same ballpark as the X series boats (blows the G out of the water). If the X series boats ran 5,500 pounds of ballast like the centurion- they would be every bit as good, if not substantially better.

Just haven’t made a video of it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Little confused about this. Are you saying the X is better than the G and RI? Just trying to figure out where your stacking each.

Comment

Welp, a buddy who talked me into our first MC just sold his houseboat and '14 X46 for "crazy prices" and blew it on a 2021 Paragon G25.

Per the horse's mouth, cause of course I was nosy enough to ask, the sticker "was circa $380k, but they gave him 18% off". Evidently he checked all the fancy option boxes, including triple axle low pro trailer which was $16k alone. They gotta have stashed some expensive recreational hooch in there too, no? He's sending me the sticker, cause I asked to see it too.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
          Welp, a buddy who talked me into our first MC just sold his houseboat and '14 X46 for "crazy prices" and blew it on a 2021 Paragon G25.

Per the horse's mouth, cause of course I was nosy enough to ask, the sticker "was circa $380k, but they gave him 18% off". Evidently he checked all the fancy option boxes, including triple axle low pro trailer which was $16k alone. They gotta have stashed some expensive recreational hooch in there too, no? He's sending me the sticker, cause I asked to see it too.

True story.
          Woof... that's silly. I knew a few people who priced them out and passed

Was that here in CO, or up in ID?

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
            Challenge accepted. I can easily run that length or further in a new XStar, so long as I bump it up to 12.5-13mph...... Which seems to be about the speed they are running. Engine is definitely screaming more than my star would be.

Sadly, I won't have my boat until early august

Hate to be that guy....but it is what it is. I definitely want to try that out, and from what I have seen from my XStars at higher surf speeds, 36' will be easy.
            Xstar was designed to be the worlds greatest Wakeboard boat (Gkiller). Centurion was designed to be the worlds greatest surf boat. Dont think any boat will ever be able to have both world champion belts at the same time. Cant wait to see your video though.

Comment

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
              Little confused about this. Are you saying the X is better than the G and RI? Just trying to figure out where your stacking each.

Sorry, just trying to say that in my experience the X series boats have waves that can be on par with centurion.

Both of which, MC and Centurion, are vastly better than the G waves.

The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

I have a buddy with a big AXIS maybe 24 and it throws an absolute monster. BUT the sweet spot is small and the boat is absolutely undriveable for anyone who is not very experienced pulling a surfer. My wife has hundreds of hours driving with a wakeboarder or surfer in tow but she will not drive that boat.

Comment

Best surf wave

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                  I have a buddy with a big AXIS maybe 24 and it throws an absolute monster. BUT the sweet spot is small and the boat is absolutely undriveable for anyone who is not very experienced pulling a surfer. My wife has hundreds of hours driving with a wakeboarder or surfer in tow but she will not drive that boat.

My good friend has a ‘19 T22 and that is my similar opinion. Wave is huge, but operating the boat IMO is less desirable than other boats. Bow is way in the air, and don’t forget to turn opposite of the gate deployed side!

Comment

Originally posted by j.mo View Post
                    My good friend has a ‘19 T22 and that is my similar opinion. Wave is huge, but operating the boat IMO is less desirable than other boats. Bow is way in the air, and don’t forget to turn opposite of the gate deployed side!

X2. My buddy has a 2020 T22. No issues with the wave. Bow rides way high so everyone stands when driving for surfing. Turning sucks on the side with the deployed gate. Spinning almost 4000 Rpm at 11 mph.

My XT21 is spinning about 3200 rpm at 11.4 mph when surfing.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Xstar was designed to be the worlds greatest Wakeboard boat (Gkiller). Centurion was designed to be the worlds greatest surf boat. Dont think any boat will ever be able to have both world champion belts at the same time. Cant wait to see your video though.
                      Actually, this generation XStar was designed with the primary focus to be- A wakeboard boat that can accommodate, and excell, at providing a great wakeboard wake for ALL skill levels. While also being capable of a top notch surf wave.

It was not designed to be a "G-killer" at all.

They knew the primary focus was surf these days. And that a vast majority of buyers wanted a great pro level wakeboard wake that was also easy for lower speeds, and training beginners....... And everything between.

Past models weren't so great at meeting that goal (Because it wasnt the goal when they were built).

That is coming direct from the MC engineer that does the final validation on hull designs from MC.

This isnt 2013 anymore......... Centurion has been caught in surf performance by several others. At this point Centurion is simply throwing more weight at them, at the cost of 80% of the storage in the boat. Still a great wave, but no longer a standout in a sea full of other great surf boats.

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                        Actually, this generation XStar was designed with the primary focus to be- A wakeboard boat that can accommodate, and excell, at providing a great wakeboard wake for ALL skill levels. While also being capable of a top notch surf wave.

It was not designed to be a "G-killer" at all.

They knew the primary focus was surf these days. And that a vast majority of buyers wanted a great pro level wakeboard wake that was also easy for lower speeds, and training beginners....... And everything between.

Past models weren't so great at meeting that goal (Because it wasnt the goal when they were built).

That is coming direct from the MC engineer that does the final validation on hull designs from MC.

This isnt 2013 anymore......... Centurion has been caught in surf performance by several others. At this point Centurion is simply throwing more weight at them, at the cost of 80% of the storage in the boat. Still a great wave, but no longer a standout in a sea full of other great surf boats.
                        Parks would disagree when he said “We back Baby!”
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnn4__0uDnU

Comment

Parks would disagree when he said “We back Baby!”
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnn4__0uDnU
                          I’m sure Parks was the one who laid out the design goals when the Star was built...🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
                            I’m sure Parks was the one who laid out the design goals when the Star was built...🤦🏻*♂️
                            Not sure why you are face palming me considering the fact that Mastercraft has made a Parks edition XStar in the past. I would say it’s a very safe bet to assume Parks had quite a bit of input in the redesigned Xstar wakeboard wake.

Comment

Not sure why you are face palming me considering the fact that Mastercraft has made a Parks edition XStar in the past. I would say it’s a very safe bet to assume Parks had quite a bit of input in the redesigned Xstar wakeboard wake.
                              Pretty simple actually. I’m sure, as you have said, Parks had input on the design. That is far from laying out the design goals at MC when a model is redesigned and well above the level a sponsored ride is involved in. But hey, keep at it I guess. You’ve already been told what a MC engineer designed the boat to do.

Comment

I posted this in another thread but no luck. Thoughts?

I have slowly started buying lead bags this winter and this got me thinking of cheaper alternatives. I have found old weightlifting bar plates varying in size. I can get $270# for $100.

One potential issue I see is bouncing/sliding around. My thoughts were to buy a sturdy container to fit the various places to keep them contained. Possible even spray them with textured bed liner paint for areas that wouldn't fit a container.

Is this a bad idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X