• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TolCarMan
    MC Fanatic
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BudmanV24 View Post
    Have you ridden a new xstar, x26, or x22? I haven't, just wondering your thoughts on how they stacked up if you had.
    I surfed behind an Xstar two years ago and from what I can remember it was very good. I remember thinking the wave shape was slightly taller and slightly shorter than the X24. The X22 feels very similar to the X24, it feels like the X24 wave just scaled down a tiny bit. Can’t comment on an X26 but hope to get some time in behind one sooner than later.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Huckelfin
      MC Fanatic
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
      Is this an apples to apples stock wave comparison, or a comparison of multiple boats with them "tweaked" properly w/ added ballast? Have yet to see a stock wave on a boat that couldn't be improved significantly with proper added weight and placement.
      If boat A performs better than boat B, owner of boat B will say its not apples to apples

Comment

• Spikewebb919
        TT Newbie
        • Jun 2016

I am wanting stock to stock. Which one of my questions has been answered. The x24 is mastercrafts best surf wave. As for fit and finish I already know Mc and Nautique are above the Malibu on that. But as for the ballast taking up storage, in the m235 that wasn’t true. Didn’t have to use plug and play to get a long powerful wave. And fuel consumption was bad until tried a few props and ditched the 17” and put an 18” and cut fuel consumption by almost 1/3rd and Rpms by roughly 400 cruising. I will definitely demo them all. Curious as to when the x24 is due for update?

Comment

• TolCarMan
          MC Fanatic
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
          If boat A performs better than boat B, owner of boat B will say its not apples to apples
          This 100%.

Originally posted by Spikewebb919 View Post
          I am wanting stock to stock. Which one of my questions has been answered. The x24 is mastercrafts best surf wave. As for fit and finish I already know Mc and Nautique are above the Malibu on that. But as for the ballast taking up storage, in the m235 that wasn’t true. I will definitely demo them all. Curious as to when the x24 is due for update?
          Agreed with all of the above. My guess is that the X24 is likely going to be redesigned around 2024.
          -Tolman
          '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
          '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• djyas
            TT Enthusiast
            • May 2020

Originally posted by Ekennedy21 View Post
            We just bought a new boat and demoed the x24 and the G23 Paragon. We went with the Paragon. Surf waves were close but we felt that the Paragon was a little better thought out then the MC.

Is price no object? Our x24 stickers for 212k and the paragons are like 340k? Is this perceived slight edge (I shopped both and disagree) worth a New Cadillac Escalade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• djyas
              TT Enthusiast
              • May 2020

I view paragons as kind of silly ego game. The same way electronics stores stock 100” TVs to get the average buyer to get the 60” instead of the 42”... but then every once in a long while some guy just says... “give me the most expensive thing” and then gets a comically large TV.

I think the Paragon exists in large part to make the G23 look like a bargain at “only” $165kish. I bet they sell many tens of g23’s to every one Paragon.

Yes I like the dip behind the windshield, the step through in the back is very well designed... the waves aren’t better though.

Guess I’ll just have to suffer with the unwashed masses in our lowly $200k and under boats and appropriately sized TVs.

My opinion on this is shaped in part by the one guy who bought one on our stretch of river and parks in the middle, almost never rides and when they do they clearly don’t have skilled riders and waves to no one.

That’s my opinion though and it’s worth what you paid for it [emoji854]

Comment

• lonniehod1982
                TT Newbie
                • Jul 2020

We went with the Paragon. Surf waves were close but we felt that the Paragon was a little better thought out then the MC. cps counter
                Last edited by lonniehod1982; 05-08-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• djyas
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • May 2020

Originally posted by lonniehod1982 View Post
                  We went with the Paragon. Surf waves were close but we felt that the Paragon was a little better thought out then the MC.

Is this even a real person or some bot and/or social media agency? Let’s get some proof of life here. Can you post some pics of you and your demos of the MC and you with this paragon you supposedly purchased?

Anyone seriously thinking a slight perceived edge is worth a $140k’ish retail markup is nuts IMO. Can you please expand on that reasoning?

That is unless Nautique is quietly dumping these for the same price as x24’s now?

Related, does anyone think the paragons aren’t going to depreciate faster than any other wake boat?

Comment

• JP-OH
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by djyas View Post
                    Is this even a real person or some bot and/or social media agency? Let’s get some proof of life here. Can you post some pics of you and your demos of the MC and you with this paragon you supposedly purchased?

Anyone seriously thinking a slight perceived edge is worth a $140k’ish retail markup is nuts IMO. Can you please expand on that reasoning?

That is unless Nautique is quietly dumping these for the same price as x24’s now?

Related, does anyone think the paragons aren’t going to depreciate faster than any other wake boat?

His post is basically a verbatim copy pf one made by another account earlier in this thread. So you are right to be dubious.
                    50.241899, -115.857747

Comment

• MasterCraft Ranger
                      MC Devotee
                      • Mar 2017

Right down to the grammatical mistake of “then” instead of “than”.

Comment

• jewbacca
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Mar 2021

You'd think for $300k a boat, Nautique could afford proper grammar for their bots.

Comment

• maniacmikes
                          MC Devotee
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by djyas View Post

No, I don't think they are going to depreciate faster than any other wake boat. Insert M235 reference

Hahahhaha
                          The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

• Spikewebb919
                            TT Newbie
                            • Jun 2016

Unless we have another year like this, literally just sold my 2017 m235 for not much less than paid for it in 2017 with 150hrs on it.

Comment

• djyas
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • May 2020

Originally posted by jewbacca View Post
                              You'd think for $300k a boat, Nautique could afford proper grammar for their bots.

Lol [emoji1312][emoji23] Agree!!

Comment

• djyas
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • May 2020

Originally posted by JP-OH View Post
                                His post is basically a verbatim copy pf one made by another account earlier in this thread. So you are right to be dubious.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X