Best surf wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best surf wave

Which new boat has the absolute best surf wave?

Across all boats, all brands?

or just strictly Mastercraft...

I have not ridden every other boat brand/model, but I have ridden most MC models.

The X-series is going to have the best surf waves. X22, Xstar, X24. They are all pretty close - you will find people who think one has a slight advantage over the other, but I think it just depends on the setup.

From my experience the X24 with proper setup is hard to beat.
    The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
      Across all boats, all brands?

or just strictly Mastercraft...

I have not ridden every other boat brand/model, but I have ridden most MC models.

The X-series is going to have the best surf waves. X22, Xstar, X24. They are all pretty close - you will find people who think one has a slight advantage over the other, but I think it just depends on the setup.

From my experience the X24 with proper setup is hard to beat.
      I’m coming from an 2017 m235, it’s Gona be hard to beat as far as wave. It was much better than the x23’s wave that year. Prolly will demo just curios which Mastercraft was the best and how the set up is to get the longest strongest wave.

Comment

Waves have significantly improved since the X23, as well as handling, attitude, etc.

I have not been behind a M235, M220 or M240 - so I don't know where those stack up against other boats.

I also like to take the overall weight into consideration... Comparing a boat like Centurion or the M235 that is running 5,000+ pounds of ballast vs. other boats running much less I don't see as apples to apples.

I think it is a great idea to go test the waters and see if you are lacking compared to other boats...so in that case, I would demo an X24, put 600 pounds of lead in it, which brings total ballast to 4,900-biased about 300-400 pounds to port side. Run 11.2-11.8mph (whatever your preference), surf tab should be deployed minimally to develop surf wave, I think around 50% (but its been a while since I was in an X24)...no center tab, all stock ballast full (even the switchback tank which by default is set to 75% full for surfing).

If that setup doesn't at least keep your attention, then demoing other MC boats probably is a waste of time, as the wave will not get significantly better than that without getting crazy on the ballast.
        The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Subjective question. Go demo them.
          -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
          https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Subjective question. Go demo them.
            What he said

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
              What he said
              Exactly.
              2010 X-15
              SOLD 1994 205
              2011 Pathfinder
              2016 Ford Flex
              3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
              1 kid in college

Comment

I'll third that motion. But you also rode behind the wrong X23.

Comment

X22 or any X boat.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We just bought a new boat and demoed the x24 and the G23 Paragon. We went with the Paragon. Surf waves were close but we felt that the Paragon was a little better thought out then the MC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekennedy21 View Post
                      We just bought a new boat and demoed the x24 and the G23 Paragon. We went with the Paragon. Surf waves were close but we felt that the Paragon was a little better thought out then the MC.
                      Not exactly apples to apples comparison there. There isn’t really anything else on the market to compare with a Paragon for aesthetics and finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekennedy21 View Post
                        For 300k, I’d hope so.
                        -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                        https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          For 300k, I’d hope so.
                          $300k doesn't always buy greatness....just look at pavati.
                          2006 MasterCraft XStar
                          2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                          2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

The best surf wave from MC I've ridden was behind an X24 (tons of push far back and really tall). The 24MXZ wave is also not messing around (a little cleaner looking, not as much push far back). Haven't ridden an M240 yet but I'm sure its very good. Between the X24 and the 24MXZ, I prefer the X24. I rode behind a G23 for the first time last summer and it was awesome for me but there was very little adjustability from what I could tell (pretty much just a wall). I've heard Centurions are great as well.

At the end of the day, go sit in and demo them and go with what you like best.
                            -Tolman
                            '22 XT23 coming soon...
                            '06 X30 (sold!)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                              The best surf wave from MC I've ridden was behind an X24 (tons of push far back and really tall). The 24MXZ wave is also not messing around (a little cleaner looking, not as much push far back). Haven't ridden an M240 yet but I'm sure its very good. Between the X24 and the 24MXZ, I prefer the X24. I rode behind a G23 for the first time last summer and it was awesome for me but there was very little adjustability from what I could tell (pretty much just a wall). I've heard Centurions are great as well.

At the end of the day, go sit in and demo them and go with what you like best.
                              Have you ridden a new xstar, x26, or x22? I haven't, just wondering your thoughts on how they stacked up if you had.
                              2006 MasterCraft XStar
                              2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                              2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Working...
                              X